Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 11:04:18 AM
713409 Posts in 53060 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Press Releases and Film News  |  Tyler Clementi Suicide from Bullying? « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Tyler Clementi Suicide from Bullying?  (Read 2755 times)
vanlutz
Bad Movie Lover

« on: October 10, 2010, 11:41:24 PM »

Is it just me, or is labeling this bullying wrong?

Tyler Clementi is the guy from Rutgers who committed suicide after his room mate and some girl broadcast him having sex live on the net. Everywhere on the news they're saying this is bullying. And using it as an example of bullying. Would you use this as a case for bullying?

I believe it's wrong, criminal, and incredibly stupid. But, bullying? Maybe it's just me, but I think this is something these morons would have done to anyone.

I think he killed himself from the humiliation of having something so private broadcast worldwide.

There should be a law against hidden camera use on the net without the participants consent. Maybe Clementi's family should be looking to get a law past regarding this matter, while suing the life out of these two asses.
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2010, 06:37:10 AM »

That doesn't sound like "bullying" at all.  It's a nasty prank.  Bullying implies some sort of intimidation.

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2010, 11:15:10 AM »

I kind of agree.  It was shameful and reprehensible, and probably criminal, but I don't know that it was "bullying."  My mom was the senior English teacher at my high school, so I caught a LOT of bullying from  upperclassmen as a freshman.  I found that if you start snarling, foaming at the mouth, and trying to bite them while writhing on the floor, they will leave you alone.

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
Jim H
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2010, 11:53:09 AM »

In general, what they did already is illegal, which is why the people involved are being charged with crimes.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_162-20018574-504083.html
Under New Jersey's privacy law it is a crime to transmit or even view images that depict nudity or sexual contact with an individual without that person's consent, reports WCBS. Collecting or viewing sexual images without consent is a fourth-degree crime. Transmitting them is a third-degree crime with a maximum prison sentence of five years.

Both Ravi and Wei could face up to five years in prison if convicted.

I'd agree it isn't bullying though.  I also think all these people talking about "bigotry" and "hate crimes" are stretching.  From the twitter messages these articles reference, I get the impression little would have changed if Clementi'd been having sex with a woman instead.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Press Releases and Film News  |  Tyler Clementi Suicide from Bullying? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.