Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 08:58:10 AM
714234 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7736 Members
Latest Member: ShayneGree
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Do You Like Sonic? « previous next »
Poll
Question: Do You Like Sonic?
YES! The Grrrreatest! - 1 (6.3%)
It's good food, I'm fond of it often. - 4 (25%)
Meh nothing too special but good, its ok once and awhile. - 4 (25%)
Jesus H. man,  you call that food???!!! - 4 (25%)
I haven't had Sonic. - 3 (18.8%)
Total Voters: 15

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Do You Like Sonic?  (Read 2369 times)
Mr. DS
Master Of Cinematic Bowel Movements
B-Movie Kraken

Get this thread cleaned up or YOU'RE FIRED!!!

« on: October 12, 2010, 07:20:14 PM »

Sonic had been showing commericals on TV for quite some time but there was literally none in my area in a 500 mile radius.  So for years I'd sit back dreaming of trying their food out because I'm a sucker for a good burger.

One outside of Boston opened recently and we went there during the mid-Summer.  The place shines when it comes to shakes and drinks.  There is no doubt about that.  Their banana milkshake alone was worth the drive.  I do like their Drive In atmosphere which kind of brings back a fun time in history.

However I found the food in the "Option 3" category of this poll.  I mean it was good, I'd get it again but I wouldn't flock out to the Boston area to get it.

DarkSider's Realm
http://darksidersrealm.blogspot.com/

"You think the honey badger cares?  It doesn't give a sh*t."  Randall
retrorussell
In the town of Valentine Bluffs, there are many ways to die. Take your pick.
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Hanniger! I'll be waiting in HELL for you!

« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2010, 08:55:25 PM »

Due to all the commercials I'd seen during college football, I was interested in trying it for a long time.  Finally a couple opened up somewhat close to me, and I was rather disappointed.  The banana shake I tried had banana pulp way down at the bottom of the cup, and the chicken fried steak sandwiches were rather bland.  Not in a hurry to go back.

"O the legend they say, on a Valentine's Day, is a curse that'll live on and on.."
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2010, 11:24:36 PM »

Don't care for their burgers but the cheese tots are the BOMB!

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964

« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2010, 05:54:51 AM »

They just started building them around here a year or two ago.  Built one down the street from my house a few months ago.  I was pretty excited to try it, but there were long lines of cars (out into the street, with police directing traffic) for the first couple weeks.  So I waited.  When I finally tried it I thought it was a huge disappointment.  I have not gone back again and I probably won't.  The burger was bottom of the barrel as far as fast-food chain burgers go.

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2010, 07:05:44 AM »

Don't care for their food (except their mozz sticks) but 98% of the time I go their is for their drinks! TeddyR

yeah no.
Flick James

Honorary Bastard of Arts

« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2010, 09:28:05 AM »

I like Sonic. It's not the bees knees, but decent.

I don't always talk about bad movies, but when I do, I prefer badmovies.org
Sister Grace

I found my mind in a brown paper bag...

« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2010, 12:28:26 PM »

I really like thier cream-slushes and the chili cheese tater tots. However, their burgers aren't worth a crap. But then again, I'm not much of a burger eater so I may be biased on that one.

Society, exactly as it now exists is the ultimate expression of sadomasochism in action.<br />-boyd rice-<br />On the screen, there\\\'s a death and the rustle of cloth; and a sickly voice calling me handsome...<br />-Nick Cave-
3mnkids

« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2010, 12:43:44 PM »

Nope. I dont like anything they serve.

There's no worse feeling than that millisecond you're sure you are going to die after leaning your chair back a little too far~ ruminations
Ed, Ego and Superego

« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2010, 01:22:26 PM »

I like their BLT, nice crispy bacon.
-Ed

Quantum materiae materietur marmota monax si marmota monax materiam possit materiari?

Si Hoc Legere Scis Nimium Eruditionis Habes
Doggett
Bustin' makes me feel good !

I've seen things you people couldn't imagine...

« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2010, 09:04:23 AM »

I don't agree with eating blue hedgehogs...

If God exists, why did he make me an atheist? Thats His first mistake.
El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« Reply #10 on: October 18, 2010, 09:14:35 AM »

I don't agree with eating blue hedgehogs...
BounceGiggle BounceGiggle
of course you don't want to eat him, that's a Sonic Saids no-no!  BounceGiggle

yeah no.
Raffine

« Reply #11 on: October 18, 2010, 10:59:20 AM »

Don't care for their food (except their mozz sticks) but 98% of the time I go their is for their drinks! TeddyR

Me, too. Their 'Mocha Java Chiller' (soft serve vanilla ice cream, chocolate syrup, expresso) is terrific. I get mine without the whipped topping, so there's even more pure Mocha Java Chiller to enjoy.  Thumbup

If you're an Andy Milligan fan there's no hope for you.
vanlutz
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #12 on: October 18, 2010, 02:14:24 PM »

I really enjoy Sonic. There's one (I don't remember the name) that they put extra condiments on, and it's very good and original.

But, if you are ever driving through North Carolina check out COOKOUT. They put slaw and chili on their burgers, and dang it's DELICIOUS.
10,000 Volt Ghost
Ancient Radiation
Bad Movie Lover

Ancient Radiation

« Reply #13 on: October 21, 2010, 03:52:39 PM »

They also advertise here but there's not one close by unless I drive to another state.

John Hancock
Couchtr26

« Reply #14 on: November 05, 2010, 01:29:30 AM »

I used to work at a Sonic.  It was my second job in high school.  It is ironic because I live in Oklahoma City and that is there corporate headquarters.  I can remember driving past the one I worked at and seeing the headquarters all the time.  Anyway, I'm partial to it from that experience.  The cheese tots are great and I enjoy the chicken strip meal.  However, not as a customer.  I used to make myself a special with an order of onion rings rather then the single and replaced the gravy with honey mustard.  I also love the drinks which is what everyone prefers it for anyway.  Try some of the sodas mixed with the various syrups.  A coconut coca cola is not what I would call common and along the lines of custom.  As far as the burgers, they are claimed to be fresh but of course not entirely.  They are par cooked.  They are cooked on one side and held on a side of the grill at 250 degrees for about 40 minutes or when you make your order.  They are then finished.  It can be horrid if it goes that 40 minutes or so.  The number 3 or the hickory burger would be the only one I would order. 

I used to work at Braum's, too.  They are a local here and are found in 5 states.  Don't think many outside of OK, TX, MO, AR and can't remember the fifth have tried.  They were mostly a dairy and ice cream store and then moved into fast food about 20 years ago or so. 

Ah, well just kind of brought me through memory lane more then anything.  Speaking of which, when I was at Sonic, there was another cook that would forget his hat.  My manager decided to teach him not to forget it again.  He filled a five gallon bucket about half way with water and let it freeze then filled it with the hat and the remainder.  When he came back two days later, he asked about his hat and my manager asked him if he had checked the freezer.  Rather hilarious, got a here's another now don't forget it or your chipping it out. 

Ah, the good old days.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Do You Like Sonic? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.