Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 04:02:10 AM
713389 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Food/Restaurants You've Never Tried But Would Like To « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Food/Restaurants You've Never Tried But Would Like To  (Read 2267 times)
Mr. DS
Master Of Cinematic Bowel Movements
B-Movie Kraken

Get this thread cleaned up or YOU'RE FIRED!!!

« on: October 13, 2010, 08:08:30 PM »

I just saw a post in another thread about frog legs.  I've never tried them but would love to.  I'd also like to (get read to barf) try some fried insects.  I look at mealworms and think "well those would be good in pasta".  I should visit Thailand.

DarkSider's Realm
http://darksidersrealm.blogspot.com/

"You think the honey badger cares?  It doesn't give a sh*t."  Randall
El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2010, 09:37:46 PM »

I would like to try this:

BURRITOZILLA!!!! BounceGiggle

yeah no.
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2010, 07:04:46 AM »

I've been wanting to try anchovies on pizza.  My Uncle likes them and from his description they sound interesting.  I haven't worked up the courage yet though.

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
Flick James
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Honorary Bastard of Arts

« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2010, 09:12:51 AM »

It's beginning to look like Andrew should start an Off Topic subcategory dedicated to food. Geez.

There's not much I haven't tried, but one day I would like to go to a bigtime BBQ city, like Memphis or Kansas City, and spend a week going to the best local joints. I got a thing for ribs.

Mmmm. But must not forget the Prilosec.

I don't always talk about bad movies, but when I do, I prefer badmovies.org
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964

« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2010, 10:13:45 AM »

I've been wanting to try anchovies on pizza.  My Uncle likes them and from his description they sound interesting.  I haven't worked up the courage yet though.

Not bad on pizza, but not my favorite.  I prefer anchovies in Caesar salad.

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
The Burgomaster

« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2010, 10:21:53 AM »

I have/would try just about anything.  I had to go to China for work a few years ago and we went to a restaurant that had sea horses on the menu.  I wanted to try them, but the locals told me they aren't very good.  I'd still like to try them though.  I did have eel for breakfast while I was there.  I had eel before that trip, but never for breakfast.  At various times I've had rattlesnake, alligator, wild boar, reindeer, frog (both legs and body), escargot (one of my favorite appetizers), goat, pigeon (in Barcelona), quail, tripe, raw oysters, ostrich, squid (various preparations, including squid cooked in its own ink), buffalo, pigs feet, in Portugal I had an appetizer that's apparently made from the cartilage of pigs ears or noses or something (it was like eating rubber bands) . . . heck, if it's on the menu, I'll order it.  I'd like to try stuff like elk, moose, antelope, lion . . . just haven't had an opportunity yet.

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
Ed, Ego and Superego

« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2010, 03:23:10 PM »

I'd like to plumb Vietnames and Korean food further.  Also Authentic Mexican food. Not Tex Mex, but the stuff they in IN mexico. 
-Ed 

Quantum materiae materietur marmota monax si marmota monax materiam possit materiari?

Si Hoc Legere Scis Nimium Eruditionis Habes
The Burgomaster

« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2010, 01:15:39 PM »

I'd like to plumb Vietnames and Korean food further.  Also Authentic Mexican food. Not Tex Mex, but the stuff they in IN mexico. 
-Ed 

I've been to Cancun and Tijuana and I enjoyed the Mexican food in both places.  I ate at a place in Tijuana where complete lunches were about $4.00 (this was around 10 years ago) and you could get a beer and a shot of tequila for $1.00.  I left that place full and drunk for under $15, including tip.

Derf
Crazy Rabbity Thingy
Proofreader

Lagomorphs: menace or underutilized resource?

« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2010, 12:05:40 PM »

I've recently been trying to explore the animal kingdom again, this time by taste.

I tried frog legs, but I wasn't impressed. And even though I live just a few miles from a town that has an annual rattlesnake roundup, I still haven't tried rattlesnake, but I'd like to. For some odd reason, I want to try kangaroo, but it is waaaay expensive to get here. Basically, I'm up for trying almost any animal meat (sorry, I don't do organs, so keep your livers and tripe and such).

I just bought a Scottish cookbook (haggis recipe not included), and there are a couple of things in it I'd like to try to make, mostly shortbread and butterscotch tarts.

"They tap dance not, neither do they fart." --Greensleeves, on the Fig Men of the Imagination, in "Twice Upon a Time."
retrorussell
In the town of Valentine Bluffs, there are many ways to die. Take your pick.

Hanniger! I'll be waiting in HELL for you!

« Reply #9 on: October 19, 2010, 09:08:50 PM »

I've heard of Church's Chicken numerous times but they don't have them in the pacific northwest.  Anyone know if they're any good?

"O the legend they say, on a Valentine's Day, is a curse that'll live on and on.."
Derf
Crazy Rabbity Thingy
Proofreader

Lagomorphs: menace or underutilized resource?

« Reply #10 on: October 19, 2010, 09:35:52 PM »

I've heard of Church's Chicken numerous times but they don't have them in the pacific northwest.  Anyone know if they're any good?

They are all around down here. Pretty unmemorable chicken. It may just be this area, but the restaurants tend to be on the dirty side, too. I don't go there. Popeye's is my fried chicken restaurant of choice.

"They tap dance not, neither do they fart." --Greensleeves, on the Fig Men of the Imagination, in "Twice Upon a Time."
HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #11 on: October 19, 2010, 09:53:56 PM »

I hear Zac's Hamburgers are decent.  I dunno.  I'm particular about burgers though.

Church's are abound here recently.  I'm guessing if they're elsewhere they're a chain, but I honestly didn't know that.  But I'm not fond of fried chicken places, so I guess I can't help letting you know if they're good.

"The path to Heaven runs through miles of clouded Hell."

Don’t get too close, it’s dark inside.
It’s where my demons hide, it’s where my demons hide.
Mofo Rising
Global Moderator

My cat can eat a whole watermelon!

« Reply #12 on: October 19, 2010, 11:14:31 PM »

I like Church's. It's where I usually go if I want to buy cheap fried chicken. It's pretty good, but it's still just cheap fried chicken, so don't expect much. And it is a franchise, so like any franchise the quality will vary from restaurant to restaurant.

Every dead body that is not exterminated becomes one of them. It gets up and kills. The people it kills, get up and kill.
retrorussell
In the town of Valentine Bluffs, there are many ways to die. Take your pick.

Hanniger! I'll be waiting in HELL for you!

« Reply #13 on: October 19, 2010, 11:16:54 PM »

They are all around down here. Pretty unmemorable chicken. It may just be this area, but the restaurants tend to be on the dirty side, too. I don't go there. Popeye's is my fried chicken restaurant of choice.
Yeah, Popeye's is the shizz.  Excellent fried chicky and red beans and rice.

"O the legend they say, on a Valentine's Day, is a curse that'll live on and on.."
BTM

« Reply #14 on: October 20, 2010, 10:30:46 AM »

They don't have a Popeye's near where I live, so I wouldn't mind trying it.

Would also love to go to Ruth's Crisp Steakhouse.  Only heard about it on radio ads, but it sounds awesome. 

Pretty much anything listed on this site, http://www.exoticmeatsandmore.com/ I wouldn't mind trying just once. 

They've got Elk, Black Bear, Lion, Rattlesnack, Llama, you name it.  They've even got Wa-Gyu which I had to look up cause I don't even know what the hell that is.  (Fancy breed of cattle, if you're wondering.)

"Some people mature, some just get older." -Andrew Vachss
Pages: [1] 2
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Food/Restaurants You've Never Tried But Would Like To « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.