Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 05:42:40 PM
714241 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7736 Members
Latest Member: ShayneGree
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Have Any Tattoos? « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Have Any Tattoos?  (Read 4483 times)
Mr_Vindictive
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

By Sword. By Pick. By Axe. Bye Bye.

« on: October 21, 2010, 01:57:28 PM »

Curious to see what kind of tattoos the other members have.  I currently have two, both done within the last year by the same tattoo artist.  Drawing up my next one that I plan on using as a full sleeve on my left arm.

Anyway here is what I have:

Sorry about the blood here.  Picture was taken when the tattoo was just finished.  The red areas are actually black shading that gives it a bit of depth.  And yes I realize that the numbers are backwards.  It was intentional.  A message about turning back the path of modern film to movies with deep stories and interesting characters rather than just CGI.

Once again, a photo of this tattoo when it was fresh.  Its an image I've always loved from Alan Moore/Dave Gibbon's "Watchmen".  Its an image that has always resonated with me, one of absolute pain and love.  The tattoo artist did an amazing job with this one, and only took about 30 mins!

So, what do you guys have???  Post some photos!

A bald man named Savalas visited me last night in a dream.  I think it was a Telly vision.
vanlutz
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2010, 02:38:56 PM »

I'm not much for tattoos anymore, especially since seeing so many youngins' with them. But, your two are really cool, and original.
Skull
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2010, 03:00:17 PM »

So far only one... A Tethered Griffin that my wife drawn (she did a really good job) and the Tattoo artist did an ok job putting it on my arm. I'm thinking of another tattoo (MTG related)
10,000 Volt Ghost
Ancient Radiation
Bad Movie Lover

Ancient Radiation

« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2010, 03:18:56 PM »

:lol Is that 4th edition?

I have 4 shamrocks and 1 compass rose. I don't know if I can post pictures or not yet here.

John Hancock
3mnkids

« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2010, 03:37:25 PM »

My camera is broken so no pics but I have a tattoo of a bookworm.. Its cute.   Smile

There's no worse feeling than that millisecond you're sure you are going to die after leaning your chair back a little too far~ ruminations
Silverlady
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2010, 03:45:14 PM »

I have a small butterfly above my left ankle. I'd post a photo but still haven't figured out how to post pics.

Hold onto your dreams ....
Paquita

« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2010, 05:33:39 PM »

I have none, but I do like them on other people.  I used to want to get a whimsical floral design flowing down my hips (I thought it would be slimming), but as I got older, I opted for the blank-canvas look as that can be just as alluring.

When my dad was around 18, he had a crush on a girl so he got a giant tattoo with flowers and her name, BETTY, in huge letters across his stomach.  He went to her house and tore off his shirt to show her… I don’t think she ever met him before.. all I know after that is that the police were called.  For years I wondered why “Belly” was misspelled.
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2010, 05:45:15 PM »

Just not into the whole tat craze, sorry!

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
retrorussell
In the town of Valentine Bluffs, there are many ways to die. Take your pick.

Hanniger! I'll be waiting in HELL for you!

« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2010, 08:17:33 PM »

Just not into the whole tat craze, sorry!
Me neither.  I'm not a fan of tattoos OR piercings.  Even just the ears I'm not too crazy about.  Just leave the body alone, I say.  But that's just me.

"O the legend they say, on a Valentine's Day, is a curse that'll live on and on.."
Mr. DS
Master Of Cinematic Bowel Movements
B-Movie Kraken

Get this thread cleaned up or YOU'RE FIRED!!!

« Reply #9 on: October 21, 2010, 09:00:43 PM »

Two currently...

DarkSider's Realm
http://darksidersrealm.blogspot.com/

"You think the honey badger cares?  It doesn't give a sh*t."  Randall
claws
« Reply #10 on: October 21, 2010, 09:44:41 PM »

Count me in as another not into tattoos OR piercings either.
My niece regrets it now that she did a tattoo above her butt several years ago when all the girls had them made.
She is getting it removed and it won't be cheap.
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964

« Reply #11 on: October 22, 2010, 06:01:32 AM »

I have 3:

* Left arm - A woman wearing a skimpy outfit and long black gloves
* Upper back - A panther fighting a large snake
* Right thigh - A woman wearing a tight black body suit.  Her right leg is exposed and it has a colorful bird tattooed on it.  (So, it's a tattoo within a tattoo).

I was gonna get another one in Las Vegas a couple years ago (something with a creepy gambling theme, like a skeleton playing cards or rolling dice), but tattoo prices on the Vegas strip are outrageous.  I'm sure I'll get another one eventually.  There's a tattoo shop about 2 miles from my house I haven't visited yet.

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
Hammock Rider

« Reply #12 on: October 22, 2010, 10:26:15 AM »

I don't have a tattoo but if I did I'd get Grandpa Simpson's Flying Hellfish tattoo.

Jumping Kings and Making Haste Ain't my Cup of Meat
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #13 on: October 22, 2010, 11:51:06 AM »

giant Jay Sherman as Dennis the Menace on my back. no none
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Have Any Tattoos? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.