Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 06:53:06 AM
713393 Posts in 53059 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Violent Scenes You Couldn't Help But Laugh At « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: Violent Scenes You Couldn't Help But Laugh At  (Read 11530 times)
venomx
« Reply #15 on: October 21, 2010, 01:58:14 PM »

Predator. Knife to the gut at blazing speed, stuck to a pole... Schwarzenegger: "Stick around"

retrorussell
In the town of Valentine Bluffs, there are many ways to die. Take your pick.
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Hanniger! I'll be waiting in HELL for you!

« Reply #16 on: October 21, 2010, 08:03:58 PM »

Any scene involving someone using another person's severed limbs to beat a bad guy (or that same person) with causes me to crack up.

Also, I've mentioned the scene on another thread, but the part on Final Destination 2 at the end where the kid running the barbecue gets blown up and his severed hand falls on his mom's plate made me double over with laughter in the theater.

"O the legend they say, on a Valentine's Day, is a curse that'll live on and on.."
Mr. DS
Master Of Cinematic Bowel Movements
B-Movie Kraken

Get this thread cleaned up or YOU'RE FIRED!!!

« Reply #17 on: October 21, 2010, 09:06:08 PM »

Also, I've mentioned the scene on another thread, but the part on Final Destination 2 at the end where the kid running the barbecue gets blown up and his severed hand falls on his mom's plate made me double over with laughter in the theater.
Once again RR, gotta agree.  I love the FD series, all the deaths are insanely over the top that you can't help but laugh at them.  I cracked up in the accident scene when the log crashes through the windshield of the car and takes out that guy's head. Also when the kid gets crushed by the glass. 

DarkSider's Realm
http://darksidersrealm.blogspot.com/

"You think the honey badger cares?  It doesn't give a sh*t."  Randall
Neville

« Reply #18 on: October 26, 2010, 03:27:22 AM »

Most of the time I end up laughing in disbelief if a certain death is too over the top or it comes out of the blue. My friends sometimes look at me when I do that, I wonder if they think I'm some kind of wacko.

Anyway, the last time that happened was while watching Alatriste. It's a period film about soldiers of fortune who fight different wars for Spain back in the XVIIth century, when we were a super power. One of the scenes is set during the siege of some dutch city, and part of the fight takes place in these tunnels they've dug under the city. The Spaniards have dug tunnels, so have the Dutch, and when they accidentaly bump into each others fight ensues.

So the titular character and his friend are waiting, ears on the walls because they hear digging noises, and eventually a head appears between them and yells something in dutch, unly to have his throat cut. Then they push the head back and, for good measure, one of them throws a homemade grenade into the hole.

That made me laugh.

Due to the horrifying nature of this film, no one will be admitted to the theatre.
voltron

« Reply #19 on: October 26, 2010, 07:20:48 PM »

This isn't a gory part, but I love the end of Psycho II where Norman whacks the old lady over the head with a shovel.  BounceGiggle

"Nothin' out there but God's little creatures - more scared of you than you are of them"  - Warren, "Just Before Dawn"
El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« Reply #20 on: October 26, 2010, 07:29:20 PM »

I can't be certian if they were trying to be serious with this scene or not, but hey, it's funny as heck.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-EvPvfVOUV8

It's funny because when the guy falls, his expression is like WTF do I do now?! BounceGiggle

yeah no.
JPickettIII
A BAD MOVIE IS A TERRIBLE THING TO WASTE!
Bad Movie Lover

HELP! WE ARE STUCK IN A GOOD MOVIE!!!

« Reply #21 on: October 27, 2010, 06:27:51 AM »

I watched Laser Mission lastnight.  I would have to say the Russian (???) commander at the end.  He is shot, blown up and then put through a wall towards the end of the movie.  I chuckled.  He kept on coming back and Brandon Lee kept on killing him.  A classic.

Later,

John

\\\\\\\"Freedom is not free\"\\\\\\ or ///\"Where ever you go, there you are!\"///
Umaril The Unfeathered

Pelinal na vasha, racuvar! Sa yando tyavoy nagaia!

« Reply #22 on: October 27, 2010, 02:40:23 PM »

Predator. Knife to the gut at blazing speed, stuck to a pole... Schwarzenegger: "Stick around"

Let's not forget in Commando when he's holding Sully over the ledge..

"Remem-bah Sully, when I promised to kill you last'?

"I remember, Matrix, I swear, honest, I DO.."

"I Lied."   

And with those words, Sully gets "let go" from his old job and plunges to his death.  Cheers

Tam-Riel na nou Sancremath.
Dawn's Beauty is our shining home.

An varlais, nou bala, an kynd, nou latta.
The stars are our power, the sky is our light.

Malatu na nou karan.
Truth is our armor.

Malatu na bala
Truth is power.

Heca, Pellani! Agabaiyane Ehlnadaya!
Be gone, outsiders! I do not fear your mortal gods!

Auri-El na nou ata, ye A, Umaril, an Aran!
Aure-El is our father, and I, Umaril, the king!
ChaosTheory

« Reply #23 on: October 27, 2010, 08:22:38 PM »

Basically all the killings in Pulp Fiction.

The Joker's "pencil trick" in The Dark Knight

Two in Punisher: War Zone; the parkour guy getting blown up with a rocket launcher mid-leap, and Punisher punching all the way through a random bad guy's head.

Through the darkness of future past
The magician longs to see
One chance opts between two worlds
Fire walk with me
10,000 Volt Ghost
Ancient Radiation
Bad Movie Lover

Ancient Radiation

« Reply #24 on: November 01, 2010, 03:32:14 PM »

I watched Laser Mission lastnight.  I would have to say the Russian (???) commander at the end.  He is shot, blown up and then put through a wall towards the end of the movie.  I chuckled.  He kept on coming back and Brandon Lee kept on killing him.  A classic.

Later,

John

Laser Mission is on my queue and this might make me bump it up.

Stone Cold with Bryan Bosworth is ridiculous as all heck. Bosworth is a cop, goes undercover in a biker gang led by a guy that looks like Ernest. Boz races another member of the gang, the other guys motorcycle blows up after hitting something....like completely blown up. Then the gang member is not completely dead but just on the street.

Then at the end of the movie a biker drives out the 2nd story window of a governors mansion.....into a helicopter which blows up......then falls onto a truck......which then blows up too.

Boz has a super mullet the entire time as well.

John Hancock
ChocolateChipCharlie
Bad Movie Lover

Oh my my, my Mitchell...

« Reply #25 on: November 12, 2010, 04:09:11 PM »

Saw Sleepwalkers again the other night - there are a lot of funny violent bits in this one ("COP KEBOB!!!!"), but my personal favorite is the Ron Perlman arm-breaking scene.  They zoom in on his Ron Perlman apeface while he's screaming, and it's just perfect.

Andrew
Administrator

I know where my towel is.

« Reply #26 on: November 12, 2010, 08:20:46 PM »

The immortal "exploding sleeping bag" scene from "Prophecy."

From the review.  Click to watch it in all it's glory:
http://www.badmovies.org/multimedia/moviesv/prophecy1.mpg

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #27 on: November 19, 2010, 03:58:24 PM »

The immortal "exploding sleeping bag" scene from "Prophecy."

From the review.  Click to watch it in all it's glory:
http://www.badmovies.org/multimedia/moviesv/prophecy1.mpg

I immediately thought of that one too. On the other hand, I don't know of anyone who saw that scene and didn't laugh.

Freshest in my memory is The Human Centipede, when the guy in front inevitably has to go #2. I was bracing myself for something really unsettling, and ended up giggling through it.

---------------------
"Join me in the abyss of savings."
Doggett
Bustin' makes me feel good !

I've seen things you people couldn't imagine...

« Reply #28 on: November 19, 2010, 04:05:59 PM »

The exploding prostitutes in Frankenhooker alwasy made me laugh.

Exploding dummies.

Great

TeddyR

If God exists, why did he make me an atheist? Thats His first mistake.
snowman
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #29 on: November 20, 2010, 06:16:23 PM »

Pee Wee Herman's death scene in Buffy the Vampire Slayer.  The Energizer Bunny version of death scenes- it just keeps on going!
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Violent Scenes You Couldn't Help But Laugh At « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.