Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 09:53:18 AM
714234 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7736 Members
Latest Member: ShayneGree
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  6 Romantic Movie Gestures Punishable By Law « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 6 Romantic Movie Gestures Punishable By Law  (Read 3076 times)
InformationGeek
Leader of the Friends' for Info
B-Movie Site Webmaster
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Let's all be Friends.

« on: October 18, 2010, 04:56:22 PM »

Remember, 'watching over' your one love is a sweet gesture... but one that could land you in jail!  Edward, we're looking at you!  Hell, even the article referenced you.

Maybe this would have been a more apporiate topic for Valentine's Day, but heck with it.  Enjoy loving moments that'll throw you into lock-up.

http://www.cracked.com/article_18756_6-romantic-movie-gestures-that-can-get-you-prison-time.html

We live in quite an interesting age. You can tell someone's sexual orientation and level of education from just their interests.
Skull
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2010, 08:24:10 AM »

I've always thought the Revenge of the Nerds (sexual act) was shady... Although they were spying at the girls and taking naked pictures of them and selling their nude image in a cream pie... It makes me wonder who is really the good guys in this film... :)

fun stuff... :)

AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2010, 08:44:43 AM »

I've always thought the Revenge of the Nerds (sexual act) was shady... Although they were spying at the girls and taking naked pictures of them and selling their nude image in a cream pie... It makes me wonder who is really the good guys in this film... :)

If the video camera thing hadn't been done by a bunch of lovable misfits, it would have seemed downright sinister. Same with having sex by pretending to be Ted McGinley. Had the roles been reversed, it would have been a clear-cut case of rape, rather than a valuable lesson about the sexual prowess of nerds.

Now, the stalking in Twilight never seemed anything but creepy to me.

I get kind of a chuckle out of the typical perception of the Police song, Every Breath You Take. Most people I know think it's a love song, when it's supposed to be about a stalker.

---------------------
"Join me in the abyss of savings."
Skull
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2010, 11:17:21 AM »

I get kind of a chuckle out of the typical perception of the Police song, Every Breath You Take. Most people I know think it's a love song, when it's supposed to be about a stalker.

Oh, I always thought it was about a stalker...

In case you didnt know...

Prolonging the Magic by Cake is a rock-opera about a serial killer...  Buggedout

"Never There" (one of their big hits from the album) is actually about psycho is getting very angry that girl isnt picking up the phone; although the tack is often mistaken as a lover looking for forgiveness and she isnt willing to listen. (lol... I must of listen to this cd a million of times)
Flick James

Honorary Bastard of Arts

« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2010, 11:25:57 AM »

True. That would seem the bigger deal. How did that not make it into the article?

I don't always talk about bad movies, but when I do, I prefer badmovies.org
Crystal Pepsi Lite
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2010, 11:43:20 AM »

Unless I misunderstand the question, my response would be:

The male and female leads kissing, totally inappropriately, at the end of the movie (Under Siege, etc.)
BoyScoutKevin

« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2010, 03:15:25 PM »

Thanks for the link, InformationGeek. Quite interesting and educational. For #4. Just Tie the Guy Up, I have a much more recent film. "Sherlock Holmes," where Holmes is drugged and then tied up by an ex-girlfriend, who wants to have sex with him. Of course, we all know that films seldom mimic reality.
BoyScoutKevin

« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2010, 03:14:38 PM »

Maybe because it is now so obviously illegal, or . . .
maybe because they didn't want to talk about it, but . . .

I'm surprised they didn't talk about adults initiating children, who have never experienced sex, into the joy of sex.

Of course, depending upon the country or state and the age of consent in said country or state, and the age of the character in the film, that can now get you into serious legal trouble.

It use to be that the laws were so written that it only affected men, but the laws are being rewritten so that they are now sexually neutral, so they now affect both men and women, which is why you no longer see films like . . .

"Boys," "Class," Gotcha," "Grandview USA," "Inkwell," "Lair of the White Worm," "Men Don't Leave," "My Tutor," "Private Lessons," "Up Close and Personal," "Vision Quest," etc.

Films which use to be quite common, but are becoming exceedingly rare.
KiwiGirl
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2010, 11:08:16 PM »

Haha, Funny.
AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #9 on: November 08, 2010, 09:08:08 AM »

Maybe because it is now so obviously illegal, or . . .
maybe because they didn't want to talk about it, but . . .

I'm surprised they didn't talk about adults initiating children, who have never experienced sex, into the joy of sex.

Of course, depending upon the country or state and the age of consent in said country or state, and the age of the character in the film, that can now get you into serious legal trouble.

It use to be that the laws were so written that it only affected men, but the laws are being rewritten so that they are now sexually neutral, so they now affect both men and women, which is why you no longer see films like . . .

"Boys," "Class," Gotcha," "Grandview USA," "Inkwell," "Lair of the White Worm," "Men Don't Leave," "My Tutor," "Private Lessons," "Up Close and Personal," "Vision Quest," etc.

Films which use to be quite common, but are becoming exceedingly rare.

Aside from people generally being more protective of girls, the double standard probably also has a lot to do with the difference between teenage boys and girls. At that age, getting it on with an adult woman is a very common male fantasy. I remember my friends and I having conversations about which of our teachers we'd like to do and why. And then there are MILFs, a concept so universal we now have a word for it. The term wasn't around in the 80s, but I'm sure we would have used it a lot if it were. I think the male mind has a hard time seeing such a union as an older woman victimizing an underage boy, because a lot of us wanted it at that age. The odd time there is a news report of a female high school teacher having a sexual relationship with a teenage student, there is always the thought in the back of my head that it was a fantasy of mine at that age, and much as I know it's highly unethical and illegal behaviour, and might well have a negative effect on the teenager, there's always a part of me that thinks back to teachers I had the hots for at that age, and feels just a little bit envious.

I don't know for sure, but I don't think girls that age have as many sexual fantasies about older men. Compared to boys, I'm thinking they probably don't have as many sexual fantasies in general. I've certainly never heard of a DILF.

Oh, and don't forget to add Weird Science to the list. Even if she did ultimately steer them toward girls their own age, Lisa did shower with Gary and Wyatt, get them drunk, give them firearms, etc. Actually, that movie was close to the truth, since all the boys lusted after the older woman, who really had no desire to do anything of that sort with them. Lisa was attractive to all the boys and knew it, even liked it, but her feelings were quite motherly.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2010, 09:21:02 AM by AndyC » Logged

---------------------
"Join me in the abyss of savings."
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  6 Romantic Movie Gestures Punishable By Law « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.