Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 10:32:17 AM
714234 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7736 Members
Latest Member: ShayneGree
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  What is this world coming to? « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: What is this world coming to?  (Read 4275 times)
vanlutz
Bad Movie Lover

« on: October 19, 2010, 04:41:06 PM »

I saw one of these true crime shows last night where a 15 year old girl is found stabbed to death.

It didn't take long to figure out who did it. Her 20 year old boyfriend and his friend TJ who is the son of a cop.

That's not the weird part. This is: The dead girl's mother was planning on having her husband (the dead girl's stepfather) killed. This woman, plans it out with the 15 year old. The 20 year old was suppose to kill the husband with TJ. They were suppose to overpower and murder the man as he pulled into the garage. But, the step father had to crap so he didn't pull into the garage like he normally would. The killers chickened out and left.

The 15 year old started telling all her friends about the botched attempted murder, and made fun of the guys to their face. So they killed her instead.

The incredible part is, none of her friends that she told about the attempted murder told the police.
HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2010, 09:55:30 PM »

Sounds like some great people. Buggedout 

Kinda sad, really.

"The path to Heaven runs through miles of clouded Hell."

Don’t get too close, it’s dark inside.
It’s where my demons hide, it’s where my demons hide.
Skull
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2010, 09:46:54 AM »

I think something is wrong with this picture when the 20 year old is dating a 15 year old at the first place...

The Gravekeeper
addicted to the macabre
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2010, 10:56:40 AM »

I'm not really surprised, unfortunately. Planned murders and killings based on wounded pride are nothing new; young girls these days tend to have this misplaced sense of loyalty to their friends that makes them feel obligated to not "snitch" on their friends no matter what they did.
vanlutz
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2010, 02:36:08 PM »

I'm just glad I'm more then halfway through life. Terrible things have happened throughout history. But, the majority have always done the right thing. Killers couldn't tell friends about murdering someone, because that friend would turn them in. Nowadays, it's the norm to not say anything. Women are now rivaling men for being criminals. It's shameful and scary.
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2010, 05:51:37 PM »

One thing about being a historian is that I truly know and understand that humanity is inherently depraved and wicked.  How much we act out on that wickedness is more based on our fear of punishment than it is on any inherent decency on our part.  All it takes is for the restraints to be removed, and the beast in us runs wild . . .

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
The Gravekeeper
addicted to the macabre
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2010, 07:18:14 PM »

One thing about being a historian is that I truly know and understand that humanity is inherently depraved and wicked.  How much we act out on that wickedness is more based on our fear of punishment than it is on any inherent decency on our part.  All it takes is for the restraints to be removed, and the beast in us runs wild . . .

Hence why religion still has a place in today's society. Like it or leave it, for some people the fear of divine retribution is the only thing keeping them from slaughtering anyone who so much as looks at them funny.
Jim H
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2010, 07:27:37 PM »

Hence why religion still has a place in today's society. Like it or leave it, for some people the fear of divine retribution is the only thing keeping them from slaughtering anyone who so much as looks at them funny.

Reminds me of some of the religous people I have spoken to...  A few on finding out I'm an atheist ask why I'm not running around raping and murdering people.  Then they indicate they would if god were not around.  Sounds like a fluke but talk to any long time atheist and you'll hear similar stories.  My general response is basically, "Unlike you, I'm not a monster."
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2010, 11:00:10 PM »

Oh, I bet if you dig deep enough into your psyche, you'll find the Sasquatch still lurks there . . . you've just done a good job of taming him!

Stephen King's story UNDER THE DOME is a fascinating look at what happens to a society where all the controls are removed.  The breakdown is swift and ugly.  Of course, being King, the religious people are, for the most part, the biggest villains! But it was still a heck of a read!

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
Jim H
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #9 on: October 22, 2010, 12:06:45 AM »

Oh, I bet if you dig deep enough into your psyche, you'll find the Sasquatch still lurks there . . . you've just done a good job of taming him!

Stephen King's story UNDER THE DOME is a fascinating look at what happens to a society where all the controls are removed.  The breakdown is swift and ugly.  Of course, being King, the religious people are, for the most part, the biggest villains! But it was still a heck of a read!

I dunno...  I personally think people are neither inherently good or bad, probably neutral and selfish if anything.  It's easier to make a person bad than good though.  And everyone certainly has a dark side, no matter how good they hide it.
The Gravekeeper
addicted to the macabre
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #10 on: October 22, 2010, 01:10:33 AM »

I dunno...  I personally think people are neither inherently good or bad, probably neutral and selfish if anything.  It's easier to make a person bad than good though.  And everyone certainly has a dark side, no matter how good they hide it.

Despite what fiction may tell you, most people tend to self-regulate and want to keep the peace in their communities even in the absence of governments or other sources of authority. Sure, you'll get the odd bad apple, but for the most part it's just easier to more or less go along with things than it is to flat-out resist them (especially if there isn't a particularly good reason to resist them).

I mean, as a species we didn't start out with any laws or religion. The fact that we're still here is evidence that it isn't everyone's nature to go around raping, killing and overall making each other miserable. Besides, that kind of behaviour generally isn't all the helpful considering that we're animals that tend rely on other members of our species for survival.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  What is this world coming to? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.