Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 09:37:08 AM
713335 Posts in 53056 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Press Releases and Film News  |  Tarzan Actor Johnny Sheffield Dies at 79 « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Tarzan Actor Johnny Sheffield Dies at 79  (Read 2733 times)
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« on: October 20, 2010, 07:27:10 PM »

Tarzan Actor Johnny Sheffield Dies at 79
Actor Johnny Sheffield, who played Boy in the popular Tarzan films, has died. Sheffield passed away Friday at his California home after suffering a heart attack. He was 79.

Sheffield, the son of British actor Reginald Sheffield, was cast as Boy in 1939's "Tarzan Finds a Son!” The film starred Johnny Weissmuller as Tarzan and Maureen O'Sullivan as Tarzan’s wife, Jane. Sheffield played Boy in 8 Tarzan films. After the final film in 1947, Sheffield was cast as Bomba in “Bomba, The Jungle Boy.” He starred in 12 Bomba films before retiring from acting in 1955. Sheffield’s other film credits include “Babes in Arms,” “Lucky Cisco Kid,” “Little Orvie” and “Roughly Speaking.”

After leaving show business, Sheffield earned a business degree from UCLA. He went on to work in farming, construction and real estate. Sheffield is survived by his wife of 51 years, Patricia, and their 3 children...

http://news.wooeb.com/NewsStory.aspx?id=609563&cat=2

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
Umaril The Unfeathered
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Pelinal na vasha, racuvar! Sa yando tyavoy nagaia!

« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2010, 12:23:44 PM »

It's amazing that some of the actors from these old films are were with us in the modern day, and had survived so long prior to their passing. You can only imagine the cinematic history (and general world history) they've seen along the way.

Take Francis Lederer for example-he lived to be 100 (passing away sometime in 2000 if recalled correctly).   Faye Wray passed away a few years back too.

Keepers of the flame in every aspect of the definition. R.I.P. Mr. Sheffield.

Tam-Riel na nou Sancremath.
Dawn's Beauty is our shining home.

An varlais, nou bala, an kynd, nou latta.
The stars are our power, the sky is our light.

Malatu na nou karan.
Truth is our armor.

Malatu na bala
Truth is power.

Heca, Pellani! Agabaiyane Ehlnadaya!
Be gone, outsiders! I do not fear your mortal gods!

Auri-El na nou ata, ye A, Umaril, an Aran!
Aure-El is our father, and I, Umaril, the king!
Raffine

« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2010, 06:58:25 PM »

TCM recently had a 'Jungle' day, with several of Sheffield's 'Bomba, the Jungle Boy' films. I had never seen any of them and was glad to finally get the chance. Pretty standard poverty row jungle stuff, but it was fun seeing 'Boy' all grown up, still basically playing the same character.

Like many stars largely forgotten by the public but beloved by genre fans, Sheffield enjoyed a late-in-life popularity at conventions and screenings.

RIP, Boy.

Best movie family, ever.

If you're an Andy Milligan fan there's no hope for you.
JaseSF
Super Space Age Freaky Geek
B-Movie Kraken

Soon, your brain will turn to jelly.

« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2010, 08:09:46 PM »

R.I.P. Johnny Sheffield.  Bluesad I really loved all those classic Tarzan movies. Thanks for the memories.

"This above all: To thine own self be true!"
Raffine

« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2010, 08:16:57 PM »

A couple of years ago there was a news piece about how the original Cheetah was still around and celebrating his 70th birthday. He was retired and spent his leisure time making paintings - which were available for sale. He ever penned an autobiography titled ME CHEETAH.

Turned out it was a lot of monkey-poo.

Not The Cheetah

If you're an Andy Milligan fan there's no hope for you.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Press Releases and Film News  |  Tarzan Actor Johnny Sheffield Dies at 79 « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.