Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 06:10:35 PM
713370 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Ash was right , this place just isn't fun anymore. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5
Author Topic: Ash was right , this place just isn't fun anymore.  (Read 16615 times)
trekgeezer
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

We're all just victims of circumstance

« on: October 22, 2010, 10:49:17 AM »

Don't know what it is, but I'm pretty bored here.

I'm on Facebook, so I've not disappeared, but you won't see me around  much anymore.

And you thought Trek isn't cool.
Skull
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2010, 11:05:51 AM »

I'm on Facebook, so I've not disappeared, but you won't see me around  much anymore.

Maybe post something we that can talk about...  Smile
claws
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2010, 11:45:04 AM »

I blame the lack of Halloween spirit  Wink

Actually, this place has become like Facebook. People seem to be more interested in sharing random thoughts and what they are doing at the moment. Personally I don't see fun in that but, whatever.
Shut down "off topic" and badmovies.org will be dead in less than a week  Bluesad
« Last Edit: October 23, 2010, 01:09:03 AM by claws » Logged
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2010, 11:49:43 AM »

uhh okay
Chainsawmidget
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2010, 12:07:34 PM »

Bye. 
Andrew
Administrator

I know where my towel is.

« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2010, 12:41:31 PM »

Maybe it's that we don't talk about movies as often here?  Or perhaps, sometimes people just need a break from a social group for a while - they get bored with the ebb and flow of the group's interactions.  I'll miss you, and do understand it.  Hope that you'll stop back by after discovering some new awful treasure?

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
Newt
Mostly Harmless. Mostly.

I want to be Ripley when I grow up.

« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2010, 12:58:11 PM »

Bluesad Sorry to hear that TG, but I do understand.

"May I offer you a Peek Frean?" - Walter Bishop
"Thank you for appreciating my descent into deviant behavior, Mr. Reese." - Harold Finch
AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2010, 01:10:59 PM »

I think Andrew has a point. There isn't as much discussion of movies as there used to be. Bad movies in particular. I don't know if that's because the oldtimers on the board have run out of stuff to discuss. I mean, we've covered a lot of territory over the years and it's all archived here. Newbies come in, and it's all fresh for them, but kind of repetitive for the rest of us. While it's nice to give the benefit of experience to a newbie discussion, I don't find it challenging or stimulating for me, nor do I think it's as much fun for the new guys to have some know-it-all around who's covered the same territory many times before.

The long-time members are talking about current events, current movies and a lot of off-topic stuff we have lots of opportunities to discuss elsewhere. That is, when we aren't reduced to compiling lists and playing dozens of variations of the same game. Seriously, I groan when I hit "show new replies" and a bunch of "fame or shame" threads come up. I don't know if we've exhausted the topic of bad movies, or whether maybe we just need to find some new level on which to discuss them.

I'm also finding it kind of frustrating lately that we all form some pretty good friendships on here that have never moved beyond here and probably never will.

It just feels like I've hit the limits of this board in every respect.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2010, 01:13:11 PM by AndyC » Logged

---------------------
"Join me in the abyss of savings."
Sleepyskull

Well,well,well...

« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2010, 01:13:33 PM »

Although I have not been on here for very long, I understand.

I hope you enjoy your time away!

Humanity takes itself too seriously. It is the world`s original sin. - Oscar Wilde
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #9 on: October 22, 2010, 01:23:15 PM »

I'm sorry you feel that way, TrekGeezer, and I hope you'll come back after a break.

AndyC brings up some good points but I'm not sure there's a real solution.  Topics do get repetitive, so maybe its just natural that oldtimers become bored and want to move on.  The tons of newcomers don't have that issue, but one day they will see the same old topics recycling and realize they've become oldtimers too.  It's all part of the great circle of forum life.  I'm still interested, mainly because the newcomers and their personalities keep things fresh for me.  And there are still tons of movies, good and bad, that I've yet to see.       

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
Paquita

« Reply #10 on: October 22, 2010, 01:31:15 PM »

AWWW!  Every time someone leaves I can’t help but feel a little bit responsible!  I should have been funner!  I should have responded to more things and been more interesting!  I blame myself!  Let the lashing begin.

Man!  This is just like Animal Crossing!

And I still don’t have facebook.
Menard
Bad Movie Lover

I Am Vitriol...When You Say My Name You Praise Me

« Reply #11 on: October 22, 2010, 01:40:38 PM »

Let the lashing begin.

Can I do it...can I do it...huh...huh?  Twirling

...its just natural that oldtimers become bored and want to move on.

Heh..heh  TrekGeezer got called an oldtimer  Heh..heh

claws
« Reply #12 on: October 22, 2010, 01:54:12 PM »

This place needs a forum chat or small shoutbox that is easy to access.
We've been meeting in chat on a regular basis for nine years at another forum. There is always fun, games, action and good conversation in chat whenever the forum gets dull and boring.
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #13 on: October 22, 2010, 03:23:01 PM »

...its just natural that oldtimers become bored and want to move on.

Heh..heh  TrekGeezer got called an oldtimer  Heh..heh

And some posters you can't get rid of... they'll tease you by disappearing for a while, then they come back when you least expect it.  TongueOut

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
Paquita

« Reply #14 on: October 22, 2010, 10:25:56 PM »

Let the lashing begin.

Can I do it...can I do it...huh...huh?  Twirling

As long as you promise not to leave again.  I don't want anyone else to go!  It's tearing me apart!!!!!!!!
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Ash was right , this place just isn't fun anymore. « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.