Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 09:53:03 AM
713335 Posts in 53056 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Ash was right , this place just isn't fun anymore. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
Author Topic: Ash was right , this place just isn't fun anymore.  (Read 16611 times)
macabre
Bad Movie Lover

I'M COMING FOR YOU!

« Reply #15 on: October 23, 2010, 06:28:16 AM »

hi
I have an idea(yeah sometimes i get them) now this is going to cost a bit of money(not much) and some patience.

This is my idea anyway, I live in the UK  and i currently own well over a thousand videos as well as hundreds of dvds, but i still would love to view some movies i just cannot get hold of ,this is where my idea comes.

Why don,t we set up a kind of global lending service ,i am quite happy to ship some of my movies to any of you guys that may wish to either swap them or just loan them for a couple of weeks until you have watched them .

I am quite sure most of you guys have video players/dvd players that are multi region and if not they don,t cost much..this way we can communicate as pen-pals as well as having the chance to share our passion for movies

I am aware that not many people would like this idea and i am aware that it would involve shipping costs and various other costs but it could work if you guys are willing to go an extra mile.
 what do you guys think?   am i a lunatic or do you like this idea?

GEEZ! I NEVER REALISED A BRAIN WEIGHED SO MUCH.
WHY HAVE YOU GOT A KNIFE IN YOUR HAND? I HAVEN'T IT'S IN YOUR CHEST.
A MARATHON! MY WIFE COULDN'T RUN A BATH WITHOUT FEELING TIRED.
Menard
Bad Movie Lover

I Am Vitriol...When You Say My Name You Praise Me

« Reply #16 on: October 23, 2010, 07:25:30 AM »

[cough]FilesTube[/cough]

Menard
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #17 on: October 23, 2010, 07:30:56 AM »

And I still don’t have facebook.

[psst]Facebook accounts are free[/psst]

And I'm on Facebook, silly.  TongueOut

AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #18 on: October 23, 2010, 07:47:37 AM »

What would be really cool would be a streaming movie we could watch in groups, and maybe converse through headsets. A carefully (or randomly) chosen double feature, maybe once every week or two. Might be the closest we come to watching a movie together. I can think of a few existing services that could be used to set that up.

Ideally, I'd love an annual convention of sorts, but that just isn't feasible for most of us.

---------------------
"Join me in the abyss of savings."
Doggett
Bustin' makes me feel good !
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I've seen things you people couldn't imagine...

« Reply #19 on: October 23, 2010, 07:50:58 AM »

What would be really cool would be a streaming movie we could watch in groups, and maybe converse through headsets. A carefully (or randomly) chosen double feature, maybe once every week or two. Might be the closest we come to watching a movie together. I can think of a few existing services that could be used to set that up.

Give this man a medal! Thats a great idea. TeddyR

I always think this place is fun, it's just missing a few people tghat add to the party atmosphere. I know I don't contribute much to the bad movie pages (because thaey can be hard to fin ion the UK) but I still very much enjoy reading the thought and opinions of you guys.

If God exists, why did he make me an atheist? Thats His first mistake.
dean

« Reply #20 on: October 23, 2010, 08:18:43 AM »

Well we'll certainly miss you!

I kind of know how you feel.  I don't troll around here as much as I used to when I had more time, but I treat it, I suppose, like extended family: you see them once in a while and catch up, but if you stay too long it gets kinda awkward and you feel like you should leave for a spell.

Then you come back, have a good time until you burn yourself out again and take a break.  I think many things, like the creative process, work like that: short bursts of output followed by periods of stagnation.

That way things keep fresh and you don't burn yourself out on the forums trawling for topics to talk about.

That or Menard's scared him off...  BounceGiggle

I'd love AndyC's idea barring the fact that I'm on the opposite side of the planet and the timezones probably wouldn't work in my favour.  It is a shame that its not as easy to meet in person an online group of pals, especially with the international nature of a forum online.

In any case, Trek, go pursue some other interests; I've done it before, albeit a bit quieter, and it was well worth it: I came back recently with more of an interest in the board.   We'll be here when you want to pop on by, even if it's only on occasion. 

The ideal would be you going on some crazy adventure so you can tell us all about it when you return!  Go on, do it!   Thumbup

------------The password will be: Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch
Menard
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #21 on: October 23, 2010, 08:47:18 AM »

In any case, Trek, go pursue some other interests; I've done it before, albeit a bit quieter, and it was well worth it: I came back recently with more of an interest in the board.   We'll be here when you want to pop on by, even if it's only on occasion. 

The ideal would be you going on some crazy adventure so you can tell us all about it when you return!  Go on, do it!   Thumbup

That's a great idea. Trek and several of his fellow seniors at the center could charter a bus and go wild at a theme park. I see wheelchair races and shuffleboard tournaments. Thumbup

TeddyR TeddyR TeddyR

indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #22 on: October 23, 2010, 10:15:45 AM »

I found this place almost four years ago and LOVE IT here!  I enjoy the eclectic nature of our conversations, our shared love of truly awful cinema, and the chemsitry of the place.  I need to post more movie reviews - I'm just so busy right now that I barely have time to watch anything, much less post about it!  I do skip every single "FAME OR SHAME" thread, and wish the whole thing would go away - but I  understand that other people enjoy it immensely, and they may feel the same about me and Lester endlessly batting historical and political issues back and forth. But WE enjoy it, and try to be civil about it.  Bottom line - Trek, I hate to see you go and hope you come back.

But this place is my home, and I'm here to stay!

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #23 on: October 23, 2010, 11:00:17 AM »

That's a great idea. Trek and several of his fellow seniors at the center could charter a bus and go wild at a theme park. I see wheelchair races and shuffleboard tournaments. Thumbup

TeddyR TeddyR TeddyR

I picture it looking something like this.
Small | Large

---------------------
"Join me in the abyss of savings."
Menard
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #24 on: October 23, 2010, 11:12:34 AM »

I picture it looking something like this.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pI01aaLI_eY&feature=related

Go Geeze Go

Uh-huh Uh-huh

Whap Whap

Shake that thang

hot

Umaril The Unfeathered

Pelinal na vasha, racuvar! Sa yando tyavoy nagaia!

« Reply #25 on: October 23, 2010, 06:30:08 PM »

I don't have any problem with the place at all. I'm here for the long haul.

Of course, being a thousands of years old Ayleid sorceror king, I've done just about everything.  Besides, there's no 'Net access in Oblivion, and my ancient home of Garlas Malatar dosen't have much going on in it these days, so what's an Ayleid to do?   Twirling

This is an OK place  Cheers

Tam-Riel na nou Sancremath.
Dawn's Beauty is our shining home.

An varlais, nou bala, an kynd, nou latta.
The stars are our power, the sky is our light.

Malatu na nou karan.
Truth is our armor.

Malatu na bala
Truth is power.

Heca, Pellani! Agabaiyane Ehlnadaya!
Be gone, outsiders! I do not fear your mortal gods!

Auri-El na nou ata, ye A, Umaril, an Aran!
Aure-El is our father, and I, Umaril, the king!
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #26 on: October 23, 2010, 06:58:11 PM »

I blame the lack of Halloween spirit  Wink
Actually, this place has become like Facebook. People seem to be more interested in sharing random thoughts and what they are doing at the moment. Personally I don't see fun in that but, whatever.
Shut down "off topic" and badmovies.org will be dead in less than a week  Bluesad
There's a lot more than "off topic" going on on this forum.  Hatred 

And I still don’t have facebook.
[psst]Facebook accounts are free[/psst]
And I'm on Facebook, silly.  TongueOut
...And I still don’t have facebook.
I won't do facebook, so I hope Menard understands.  I never respond to Facebook invitations, and though I GUESS I'm registered over there, it is perplexing and a bit of a mystery to me how that could be...
« Last Edit: October 23, 2010, 07:07:38 PM by Allhallowsday » Logged

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
Newt
Mostly Harmless. Mostly.

I want to be Ripley when I grow up.

« Reply #27 on: October 23, 2010, 08:56:17 PM »

I never respond to Facebook invitations, and though I GUESS I'm registered over there, it is perplexing and a bit of a mystery to me how that could be...

AHD: you can be 'invited' to join FB if someone who IS on FB has your e-mail address in their contacts list.  It's not automatic - they have to choose to invite you.  FB prompts members to do so, with some persistence.   Lookingup

"May I offer you a Peek Frean?" - Walter Bishop
"Thank you for appreciating my descent into deviant behavior, Mr. Reese." - Harold Finch
JaseSF
Super Space Age Freaky Geek
B-Movie Kraken

Soon, your brain will turn to jelly.

« Reply #28 on: October 23, 2010, 10:05:11 PM »

Personally I don't have the time to do the level of posts I might have attempted in the past now that I have a little bit more of a busy life and a girlfriend. Sure others are busy with their everyday lives too, that's why it's important that new posters do come here...so what if they rehash some of the same stuff, sometimes I'm still willing to rehash, sometimes I'll be encouraged to check out something new or see something from a different viewpoint thanks to one of these newcomers. Sometimes I might even be forced to rethink something I'd thought before. No doubt too this site is hurting with great former regulars like Ghouck, Circus, CheezeFlix, Susan and many others posting here less or MIA but hey there's still some great regulars here - Paquita, Skull, Darksider, Bull, Allhallowsday, Rev. Powell, HappyGilmore, 3mnkids, AndyC, lester and many many more. It's great Doggett is back. Hopefully RC will return in the near future. Hopefully Ash will eventually post more. Trevor seems to be gone lately--perhaps on vacation? But I'm sure things will pick up and taper off again then pick up again and the cycle will continue. I do like the idea of pen pals...maybe we could do a thread where we put up particular interests and people could PM each other if they'd like to try the pen pal thing? Just a thought. I don't have high speed so I can't really do any of these interactive internet things myself right now.

With regards to Facebook, I'm on it but I never play any of the games, hardly ever use any applications. Mostly I just use it to keep in touch and keep track of old friends to see what they're up to and it's a place they can contact me at any time should they want to. Honestly I'm not on there too much. Mostly I'll just post something, often a quote I liked, and then disappear for a few days unless I get e-mails or just randomly check in from time to time.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2010, 10:30:28 PM by xJaseSFx » Logged

"This above all: To thine own self be true!"
diamondwaspvenom

« Reply #29 on: October 23, 2010, 10:16:15 PM »

Based on what I've read, I can't help but feel partly responsible for this.  Bluesad
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Ash was right , this place just isn't fun anymore. « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.