Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 06:07:29 AM
713325 Posts in 53055 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Ash was right , this place just isn't fun anymore. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]
Author Topic: Ash was right , this place just isn't fun anymore.  (Read 16609 times)
Ed, Ego and Superego
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #60 on: October 25, 2010, 01:40:01 PM »

I was hoping she and I could help each other out.  No point in bringing in everyone.   or I'll just self flagellate when I have a moment, no sweat Paq.
-Ed

Quantum materiae materietur marmota monax si marmota monax materiam possit materiari?

Si Hoc Legere Scis Nimium Eruditionis Habes
Menard
Bad Movie Lover

I Am Vitriol...When You Say My Name You Praise Me

« Reply #61 on: October 25, 2010, 01:57:18 PM »

...or I'll just self flagellate when I have a moment...

Now that's just truly something I don't want to be present for. But, hey, uhm...have a hand at it...uh...I mean...enjoy yourself....sheesh

Just don't overdo it; I hear you can go blind from that.

Ash

23 Year Badmovies.org Veteran

« Reply #62 on: October 25, 2010, 08:06:37 PM »

Last year I had become so disillusioned with what this board had become that I had to take an extended break.  It was either do that or leave forever which I didn't want to do and it actually worked out well.
I still lurk and post here every now and then when I see a topic that interests me, but the problem, like AndyC mentioned, is that us longtimers have written and/or posted on topics that have already been brought up before...sometimes more than once and it can get pretty stale after a while.

One big reason for my absence is the extreme sport of Airsoft.  I created and run Eastern Iowa Airsoft and it has taken up a huge chunk of my time.  In the beginning I was always losing money and operating in the red.  Nowadays it's gotten to the point where I can easily net $500-$1000 for each event I host.  Players are hungry for it and cannot seem to get enough and it takes up the majority of my time.

I'll try to post more interesting topics when I can.
In the meantime, Trek, take a break if you need it and come back later.
It worked for me!  Smile

« Last Edit: October 25, 2010, 08:08:45 PM by Ash » Logged
HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #63 on: October 25, 2010, 11:23:41 PM »

I don't know.  I can't agree with some of the things being said.  I've been here a while, and kinda look forward to logging in and seeing new posts.  I've gotten fairly familiar with the people here.

I like some of the game threads.  Gives me a chance to somewhat discuss wrestling, which I don't get to do often. It

"The path to Heaven runs through miles of clouded Hell."

Don’t get too close, it’s dark inside.
It’s where my demons hide, it’s where my demons hide.
Newt
Mostly Harmless. Mostly.

I want to be Ripley when I grow up.

« Reply #64 on: October 27, 2010, 07:58:28 AM »

I've mentioned  before that at least three of us are within a reasonable driving distance of Toronto. I'd be interested in discussing that.
Indeed you have, Andy!  Off the top of my head: TADFF is in late August, AdAstra is in early April, Toronto Comicon is in March (I know you mentioned March as a possibility), WOTS and FanExpo are in September...we'll have to find an event (and date) that suits the greatest number (what - 3??) and see that it happens.

"May I offer you a Peek Frean?" - Walter Bishop
"Thank you for appreciating my descent into deviant behavior, Mr. Reese." - Harold Finch
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Ash was right , this place just isn't fun anymore. « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.