Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 06:11:02 AM
713391 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Press Releases and Film News  |  It's tough being loved by jerks « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: It's tough being loved by jerks  (Read 4978 times)
vanlutz
Bad Movie Lover

« on: October 28, 2010, 05:28:56 PM »

This is a cool documentary about a French paper that was sued by numerous mosques and muslim groups for reprinting a group of Danish cartoons of Muhammed.

Below is one of the ones they felt went too far. I thought it was hilarious.

http://www.facebook.com/#!/photo.php?fbid=167314933294246&set=a.152607994764940.27676.100000472201882
Umaril The Unfeathered
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Pelinal na vasha, racuvar! Sa yando tyavoy nagaia!

« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2010, 08:06:10 PM »

And once again, we have "certain" Muslims threatening to sue because someone took a shot at humorizing their religion.  Why is it that they can't accept that religion runs the risk of someone else humorizing or denigrating it?  They always act like noone's supposed to say anything about it.   

And so far, France was threatened with Jihad over headscarf bans,  Denmark was threatened for it's cartoon satires, and filmmaker Theo Van Gogh was murdered in the streets of Amsterdam for is film exposing the mistreatment of women in extreme Islam.

It's no wonder the religion gets the bad press it gets sometimes..

Tam-Riel na nou Sancremath.
Dawn's Beauty is our shining home.

An varlais, nou bala, an kynd, nou latta.
The stars are our power, the sky is our light.

Malatu na nou karan.
Truth is our armor.

Malatu na bala
Truth is power.

Heca, Pellani! Agabaiyane Ehlnadaya!
Be gone, outsiders! I do not fear your mortal gods!

Auri-El na nou ata, ye A, Umaril, an Aran!
Aure-El is our father, and I, Umaril, the king!
vanlutz
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2010, 09:26:56 PM »

And so far, France was threatened with Jihad over headscarf bans,  Denmark was threatened for it's cartoon satires, and filmmaker Theo Van Gogh was murdered in the streets of Amsterdam for is film exposing the mistreatment of women in extreme Islam.

It was Van Gogh's murder that prompted the Denmark cartoons. The French reprinting of the cartoons made the Muslim groups sue the French paper (they never sued the original Denmark paper). Needless to say the Muslim groups lost.

If you see this film, it's incredible how the French react just like Americans. Yet the French hate America, and Americans hate the French.

We're just a f**ked up world. I love France, especially Paris. It's the most beautiful city in the world. But, I mention it to people here and they pssh pssh.

yF2G_OFA9_8

COOLEST Cemetary EVER.
rGALXDZCYmU
Umaril The Unfeathered

« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2010, 10:32:05 PM »

It was Van Gogh's murder that prompted the Denmark cartoons. The French reprinting of the cartoons made the Muslim groups sue the French paper (they never sued the original Denmark paper). Needless to say the Muslim groups lost.

If you see this film, it's incredible how the French react just like Americans. Yet the French hate America, and Americans hate the French.

We're just a f**ked up world. I love France, especially Paris. It's the most beautiful city in the world. But, I mention it to people here and they pssh pssh.

I have no doubt it's a lovely city. The Eiffel tower in itself is a marvel of construction.

But it seems that the French have a problem with outsiders, but apparently no problem when tourists' money is on the table.   My in-laws were in France during the 1970's (my father-in law is Dutch and my mother-in law is German) and they said the same thing about the French.

Also, now-deceased Toronto Times  editorialist Gordon Sinclair gave a radio broadcast called America, The Good Neighbor in the early 70's, and in it he described the mistreatment of Americans in the streets of Paris in the mid 1950's. Of course, this was  after we saved their economy with billions of dollars in 1956.

Maybe they should have upturned the nose on Lady Liberty before they gave it to us..

Malatu na nou karan.
Truth is our armor.

Malatu na bala
Truth is power.

Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2010, 06:57:08 PM »

I have no doubt it's a lovely city. The Eiffel tower in itself is a marvel of construction.

But it seems that the French have a problem with outsiders, but apparently no problem when tourists' money is on the table.   My in-laws were in France during the 1970's (my father-in law is Dutch and my mother-in law is German) and they said the same thing about the French.

Also, now-deceased Toronto Times  editorialist Gordon Sinclair gave a radio broadcast called America, The Good Neighbor in the early 70's, and in it he described the mistreatment of Americans in the streets of Paris in the mid 1950's. Of course, this was  after we saved their economy with billions of dollars in 1956.

Maybe they should have upturned the nose on Lady Liberty before they gave it to us..

Truth is, I've found the French people---outside of Paris---to be extremely friendly.  I think rude snobbishness is definitely a Parisian thing.  It would kind of be like people judging all Americans by New Yorkers. 

I don't think there's any justification for the French headscarf ban, either.  Muslims have a legitimate beef there.  It's not jihad-worthy, of course, but I think the French are being unreasonable and xenophobic there.

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
Umaril The Unfeathered

« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2010, 11:38:58 PM »

Truth is, I've found the French people---outside of Paris---to be extremely friendly.  I think rude snobbishness is definitely a Parisian thing.  It would kind of be like people judging all Americans by New Yorkers. 

I don't think there's any justification for the French headscarf ban, either.  Muslims have a legitimate beef there.  It's not jihad-worthy, of course, but I think the French are being unreasonable and xenophobic there.

Even though I was just bustin' on them, to be serious I have heard the same thing, that outside Paris to be very nice.   Also, the WW2-era French also are very appreciative of Americans and Allied folk.  That's cool.

As to the headscarf ban, who knows what goes on there?

And to score one for common sense, you are indeed right that it's not Jihad-worthy.  Muslims need to grow up and realize that fighting at the drop of a hat isn't doing their cause any good. 

There again, no matter how much "progress" the EU makes in holding Europe together, there will always be closet feelings and unsaid prejudices that will see a united Europe as the goal of many an evil person. 

Malatu na nou karan.
Truth is our armor.

Malatu na bala
Truth is power.

Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Press Releases and Film News  |  It's tough being loved by jerks « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.