Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 04:08:39 PM
713364 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Great White Station Club Fire Video « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Great White Station Club Fire Video  (Read 3907 times)
zombie no.one
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Oookaay...

« on: October 23, 2010, 06:14:47 PM »

I am familiar with this tragic incident but I've never seen this before

from good-time Rock Show to 100 dead in 10 minutes

harsh viewing, but worthy of a thread I feel....

Small | Large

The Mandela Effect is a Mandela Effect
Umaril The Unfeathered

Pelinal na vasha, racuvar! Sa yando tyavoy nagaia!

« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2010, 06:21:25 PM »

I am familiar with this tragic incident but I've never seen this before

from good-time Rock Show to 100 dead in 10 minutes

harsh viewing, but worthy of a thread I feel....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LZx4i1TwZME

I actually got to see Great White open for Whitesnake back around 1987 at the Allentown Fairgrounds in Allentown, Pennsylvania back in the day, when Jack Russell had that awesome Great White Shark guitar.  That thing was so cool!

Tam-Riel na nou Sancremath.
Dawn's Beauty is our shining home.

An varlais, nou bala, an kynd, nou latta.
The stars are our power, the sky is our light.

Malatu na nou karan.
Truth is our armor.

Malatu na bala
Truth is power.

Heca, Pellani! Agabaiyane Ehlnadaya!
Be gone, outsiders! I do not fear your mortal gods!

Auri-El na nou ata, ye A, Umaril, an Aran!
Aure-El is our father, and I, Umaril, the king!
Mr. DS
Master Of Cinematic Bowel Movements
B-Movie Kraken

Get this thread cleaned up or YOU'RE FIRED!!!

« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2010, 08:36:54 PM »

I live in Rhode Island and recall when this happened.  Ironically I think the person shooting the video was filming a documentary on night club accidents or something.  The place where The Station stood is now just an empty plot with flowers and memoriam items.  A DJ for the local rock station (you can see the van in the video 94 HJY)  died in the fire.  I knew someone who's relative was there that night.  They made it out but the person they were with didn't. Horrible event and the worst part of it all...it should have been prevented on the band and club's part.   It doen't get much more real than this video.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2010, 08:43:09 PM by The DarkSider » Logged

DarkSider's Realm
http://darksidersrealm.blogspot.com/

"You think the honey badger cares?  It doesn't give a sh*t."  Randall
zombie no.one

Oookaay...

« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2010, 08:45:50 PM »

I live in Rhode Island and recall when this happened.  Ironically I think the person shooting the video was filming a documentary on night club accidents or something.  The place where The Station stood is now just an empty plot with flowers and memoriam items.  A DJ for the local rock station died in the fire.  I knew someone who's relative was there that night.  They made it out but the person they were with didn't. Horrible event and the worst part of it all...it should have been prevented on the band and club's part.
yeah there are a few other videos on youtube related to this I've seen, the guy filming was indeed there to make a safety of clubs video, which is horribly ironic, as you say... and yeah the DJ for the club who introduced the bands died...I think Great White's guitarist died as well

the fire started cos the band's tour manager wanted to have a pyrotechnics display onstage, and obviously it went wrong. he ended up doing something like 2 years in jail but has been remorseful about the whole thing before and after trial. It's not really a 'crime', but there were a hell of a lot of victims

The Mandela Effect is a Mandela Effect
Mr. DS
Master Of Cinematic Bowel Movements
B-Movie Kraken

Get this thread cleaned up or YOU'RE FIRED!!!

« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2010, 08:54:39 PM »

It was definitely the talk of RI in all circles for many weeks.  I didn't know about it until someone told me that morning.  By the end of the day it was world news.    I guess if any shred of light came out of it, it made officials really tighten the belt on safety regs in bars/clubs which apparently were really loosey goosey in some places.

DarkSider's Realm
http://darksidersrealm.blogspot.com/

"You think the honey badger cares?  It doesn't give a sh*t."  Randall
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2010, 06:29:44 AM »

Man, that place went up like a tinder box - I cannot believe how quickly it spread and how much smoke it produced.  I feel really sorry for those people, jeez...I used to quite a fan of Great White back in the late '80s.

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Great White Station Club Fire Video « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.