Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 02:40:31 PM
714369 Posts in 53095 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Ever prank call someone? « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Ever prank call someone?  (Read 3466 times)
diamondwaspvenom
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« on: October 25, 2010, 12:01:22 PM »

I don't if this topic has been posted before, but whatever. Have you guys ever prank called someone?

I once pranked my friend using an Arnold Schwarzenegger soundboard. Plus: I got him at the right time (in the morning. Around then, he's half awake/half asleep. Therefore, he doesn't know what's going on.)

It went like this:

(Telephone rings)

Friend: Ugh..hello?
Arnold (Me): Good morning. How are you?
Friend: Erm..fine. Who is this?
Arnold (Me): This is me, Arnold Schwarzenegger. How are you?
Friend:....How the hell did you get my number?
Arnold (Me): Now, I want to ask you a bunch of questions and I want them answered immediatley.
Friend: Okay?
Arnold (Me): First, I would like to get to know you. Who are you?
Friend: (Starts rambling on who he is)
Arnold (Me): Yeah. Uh huh.
Friend: (Continues rambling)
Arnold (Me): I'd like to ask you one more question.
Friend: Sure. What?
Arnold (Me): WHO TOLD YOU YOU COULD EAT MY COOKIES?!
Friend: What?!?
Arnlod (Me): PUT THAT COOKIE DOWN, NOW!!
Friend: I don't have a cookie!
Arnold (Me): This is an arrest!
Friend: WHAT?!?

The call ended there 'cause he heard me laughing over the phone. He swore that he'd get back at me, but hasn't done a thing yet.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2010, 05:59:02 PM by diamondwaspvenom » Logged
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2010, 01:20:09 PM »

We used to do that all the time when we were in elementary school.  Call people up and ask them stupid stuff, like somebody's address was "Hidden Valley" so we asked them if their home was visible form the sky.  The kid went running around looking for his mom so he could ask her   BounceGiggle

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
macabre
Bad Movie Lover

I'M COMING FOR YOU!

« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2010, 02:36:11 PM »

hi
Whilst i was a trainee teacher at a local school i got this young lady at the reception to ask for

Peter Phile,

the way us Brits talk it sounded like paedophile,,

Man i got my ass kicked for that joke,

GEEZ! I NEVER REALISED A BRAIN WEIGHED SO MUCH.
WHY HAVE YOU GOT A KNIFE IN YOUR HAND? I HAVEN'T IT'S IN YOUR CHEST.
A MARATHON! MY WIFE COULDN'T RUN A BATH WITHOUT FEELING TIRED.
Umaril The Unfeathered

Pelinal na vasha, racuvar! Sa yando tyavoy nagaia!

« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2010, 03:12:28 PM »

One of the things I used to like to do as a kid. (back when you could do it) was to call someone up, and leave the phone off the hook all night. This would keep their line open and they couldn't do a thing about it.

Listening to people scream at you on the other end as you taunted them was fun, esp. if it was the family of one of your childhood enemies, or a relaltive you didn't like. Wasn't fun when my mom caught me though....

Tam-Riel na nou Sancremath.
Dawn's Beauty is our shining home.

An varlais, nou bala, an kynd, nou latta.
The stars are our power, the sky is our light.

Malatu na nou karan.
Truth is our armor.

Malatu na bala
Truth is power.

Heca, Pellani! Agabaiyane Ehlnadaya!
Be gone, outsiders! I do not fear your mortal gods!

Auri-El na nou ata, ye A, Umaril, an Aran!
Aure-El is our father, and I, Umaril, the king!
vanlutz
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2010, 05:33:03 PM »

I remember this distinctly and still feel bad about it.

I took the white pages and called a woman and said I was from the "SOGT, Stamp Out Gestapo Tactics in America" foundation. I told her we were having a fundraiser at the VFW hall, and asked if she'd like to purchase tickets. She said yes, and proceeded to give me her full correct name and address. The fake fundraiser date was a few months away. But, the supposed night there was a snow storm. I felt bad, if she was dumb enough to buy tickets to a fake and bizarre fundraiser, she was dumb enough to drive in the snow to get there.

SOGT in America was a slogan The Plasmatics used when Wendy O was arrested and beat up by cops.
Mr. DS
Master Of Cinematic Bowel Movements
B-Movie Kraken

Get this thread cleaned up or YOU'RE FIRED!!!

« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2010, 09:04:55 PM »

I used to work in retail and we had a good natured cashier I figured I'd pull a prank on.  I called up asking for Manuel Hung.  She got on the overhead pager and announced;

"Attention shoppers, if there is a Manuel Hung in the store, please come to the front."

The entire store, including the store manager, was in tears from laughing.  She took it well.  

Thats one of my many prank sins on the phone.

DarkSider's Realm
http://darksidersrealm.blogspot.com/

"You think the honey badger cares?  It doesn't give a sh*t."  Randall
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2010, 06:52:11 AM »

I had to fill in on the reception desk one day, and after my 3 minute lesson on how to work the phone system, a bunch of my co-workers decided it would be fun to call up and ask to talk to each other, which was kind of hard because they were all on the phone, so I'd put them on hold and then they'd immediately call back on another line and ask for someone else.  I had a gigantic pile of calls on hold that kept ringing back to me, I was paging people left and right...oh they were so funny   Hatred
« Last Edit: October 26, 2010, 07:03:26 AM by Jack » Logged

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2010, 07:00:28 AM »

My adopted brother Nic is a master at this: I had just received my first brick mobile phone and I gave my number to my folks and made the mistake of giving my number to him. He phone pranked me: looking for a guy named Piet and asked me who the hell was I and WTF was I doing with Piet's mobile?  BounceGiggle BounceGiggle

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
Trevor
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2010, 07:05:31 AM »

I used to work in retail and we had a good natured cashier I figured I'd pull a prank on.  I called up asking for Manuel Hung.  She got on the overhead pager and announced;

"Attention shoppers, if there is a Manuel Hung in the store, please come to the front."

The entire store, including the store manager, was in tears from laughing.  She took it well.  

Thats one of my many prank sins on the phone.

BounceGiggle TeddyR

When I'm in a big mall or department store ~ usually here www.menlynpark.co.za ~ and someone is asked for over the PA system, I normally shout "Dat me: Yes please!" and "Coming!" to the consternation of all around.  Wink

The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964

« Reply #9 on: October 26, 2010, 09:45:29 AM »

Not really a prank call, but I had a friend who worked part time at a lumber yard about 25 years ago.  One day when the owner was away, my friend called a phone sex line and played it over the P.A. system.  Most of the employees thought it was hilarious, but when the owner found out he fired my friend.  I wish I had thought of that prank . . . it would have been worth losing a part time job to do it.

At work, I have occasionally used our P.A. system to page former employees (particularly employees who were not well liked).

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #10 on: October 29, 2010, 07:26:33 AM »

Back in the days before Caller ID, I used to do it quite a bit. My friends and I used to do variations of the old "Prince Albert in a can" joke, such as asking the local supermarket if they had Robin Hood by the bag. Best response was the smartass who replied with "No, but I've got Aunt Jemima by the box."

We also did one where a bunch of us, over the course of an afternoon or an evening, would each call the same number and ask for "Fred" or some other normal but not too common name. Then the last guy would deliver the punchline by calling up and saying, "Hi, this is Fred. Are there any messages for me?" Usually, that would result in a groan and immediate hang-up, but one person didn't get it, and carried on a whole conversation with "Fred" about the apparent mix-up.

My dad once described a gag that I have not tried, but it sounds pretty funny. It works best in an office environment, and the joke is not so much on the recipient of the call as the person who makes the call. You make up a phone message for somebody to call "Myra Maynes" at the number of a local funeral home.

---------------------
"Join me in the abyss of savings."
Trevor
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #11 on: October 29, 2010, 07:32:41 AM »

You make up a phone message for somebody to call "Myra Maynes" at the number of a local funeral home.

BounceGiggle BounceGiggle

Paquita

« Reply #12 on: October 29, 2010, 10:37:32 PM »

I've BEEN prank called, but I think it was random.  Two boys called me and said they were from an Indian dating service.. it didn't make sense, but I think they thought it was really funny.  I've prank mailed people before though.
El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« Reply #13 on: October 29, 2010, 10:47:22 PM »

I prank called my friend about some weird Joke- I was Batman

My Friend: Hello
batman: Where's the Bomb
My Friend: Wha-w-w-wait, what?
Me: Where's the Joker
him: The jo-
Me: WHERE IS HE?!
him: I-I-I-
me: Look out, oh and one more thing? Is Seymour there? Last name Butts!
Him: *bleeped out my name* hehehe, good one *bleep*

yeah no.
JaseSF
Super Space Age Freaky Geek
B-Movie Kraken

Soon, your brain will turn to jelly.

« Reply #14 on: October 30, 2010, 12:26:30 AM »

Yes I prank called my girlfriend a little while ago. Just put my hand over my mouth and she had no idea it was me. She was like "What the hell? Who is this?"...I finally burst out laughing. She then told me a story of a friend of hers having prank called a Chinese restaurant putting in an order for Wontons, Chicken Balls and rice and the cumofsumyungguy.... Buggedout BounceGiggle

She also confessed to having played a prank by sending Jehovah's Witnesses to certain people's houses in the past. LOL

"This above all: To thine own self be true!"
Pages: [1] 2
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Ever prank call someone? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.