Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 01:00:09 AM
713383 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Press Releases and Film News  |  WikiLeaks to release secret Russia, China logs « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: WikiLeaks to release secret Russia, China logs  (Read 5672 times)
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« on: October 27, 2010, 11:52:58 AM »

This should come as some consolation to those p**sed about the iraq war logs

http://en.rian.ru/russia/20101026/161087816.html

RussiaWikiLeaks to release secret Russia, China logs - paper

Whistleblower website WikiLeaks, which has published hundreds of U.S. war logs, is preparing to release secret files from Russia and China, a Russian newspaper said on Tuesday.

"Russians are going to find out a lot of interesting facts about their country," WikiLeaks spokesman Kristinn Hrafnsson told Kommersant.

The main goal of the project was the "despotic regimes in China, Russia and Central Eurasia," WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange wrote to potential investors when he launched the website in 2006.

MOSCOW, October 26 (RIA Novosti)
flackbait
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

The fate of the last door to door salesmen

« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2010, 01:38:10 PM »

I wonder if these are going to be current or not? I know things haven't been democratic in either country, so it'll be interesting to see their dirty laundry. But, you could write 5 or 6 major university libraries full of atrocities the USSR and the Chinese did during the cold war alone and still not even halfway close to the horrors they commited.
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2010, 01:54:19 PM »

good question.  I don't know what the info will refer to. My guess is it will not be historical in nature but more about recent moves in the economy. Both countries are huge holders of US debt. Probably some will also refer to their limited but still significant dirty laundry involving muslims, the chinese in the western provinces and the Russian in Chechnya.
Umaril The Unfeathered

Pelinal na vasha, racuvar! Sa yando tyavoy nagaia!

« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2010, 02:04:29 PM »

I wonder if these are going to be current or not? I know things haven't been democratic in either country, so it'll be interesting to see their dirty laundry. But, you could write 5 or 6 major university libraries full of atrocities the USSR and the Chinese did during the cold war alone and still not even halfway close to the horrors they commited.

Good question as to whether the info released will be old de-classified old stuff or the recent goings on. Either way this one could get interesting.

Tam-Riel na nou Sancremath.
Dawn's Beauty is our shining home.

An varlais, nou bala, an kynd, nou latta.
The stars are our power, the sky is our light.

Malatu na nou karan.
Truth is our armor.

Malatu na bala
Truth is power.

Heca, Pellani! Agabaiyane Ehlnadaya!
Be gone, outsiders! I do not fear your mortal gods!

Auri-El na nou ata, ye A, Umaril, an Aran!
Aure-El is our father, and I, Umaril, the king!
dean

« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2010, 01:01:28 AM »

I wonder about how China/Russia will react, depending on the content I suppose.  I can imagine that they will be somewhat less restrained in how they deal with Wikileaks if they're annoyed. 

------------The password will be: Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2010, 11:06:54 AM »

I wonder about how China/Russia will react, depending on the content I suppose.  I can imagine that they will be somewhat less restrained in how they deal with Wikileaks if they're annoyed. 

Putin will poison the whistleblowers with radioactive isotopes, just to show he can do Bond supervillain type stuff. 

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
venomx
« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2010, 11:31:57 AM »

What's really interesting is... where the hell does this Wiki site get this stuff?
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2010, 12:25:17 PM »

What's really interesting is... where the hell does this Wiki site get this stuff?

think about it...
venomx
« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2010, 01:28:45 PM »

No clue...

But I don't understand why "whistleblowing" on the world's super powers is a good idea though. US, China and now Russia... and what about laws? Can't this site get shut down for stuff like that? It's secret gov info after all right.
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #9 on: October 29, 2010, 01:58:40 PM »

it gets leaked! someone with access to power doesn't like whats going on so they let someone else know about it. The guy in Iraq, for example, saw that the US was looking the other way while the new iraqi government was carrying out policies similar to the one we just got through defeating, so he let someone know about it. It's a form of checks and balances. A good way to avoid people leaking stuff about you is to not pursue horrible secretive policies or really ANY secretive policies which are in most cases horrible.

legally the ones who can, and I believe are, being prosecuted are the ones who actually stole the information. legally speaking, when the info is out there it's out there. The person who broke the law is the one who puit it out there not someone who happened to repeat the information.

an interesting case is http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jonathan_Pollard, a guy who stole mountains of info from the Pentagon and gave it to Israel, who are one of our closest allies. He is in jail for life, but the people he was working for remain one of our closest allies!! 

Umaril The Unfeathered

Pelinal na vasha, racuvar! Sa yando tyavoy nagaia!

« Reply #10 on: October 30, 2010, 11:27:59 PM »

Putin will poison the whistleblowers with radioactive isotopes, just to show he can do Bond supervillain type stuff. 

Radioactive isotopes comes to mind here... Victor Yuschenko, anyone?   Bluesad

Look at all the past Soviet leaders who died within a certain timeframe. Breshnev, Andropov, and a few others who suddenly died under mysterious circumstances (this if my memory serves me right.)  That was Putin probably getting his practice in..

Then there were the police commissars who shot anyone who panicked or turned their back for a second on the WW2 battlefields (Stalingrad the best example). 

Be it now or then, I guess the people have yet to see how lucky they are to be "back in the U.S.S.R."

Tam-Riel na nou Sancremath.
Dawn's Beauty is our shining home.

An varlais, nou bala, an kynd, nou latta.
The stars are our power, the sky is our light.

Malatu na nou karan.
Truth is our armor.

Malatu na bala
Truth is power.

Heca, Pellani! Agabaiyane Ehlnadaya!
Be gone, outsiders! I do not fear your mortal gods!

Auri-El na nou ata, ye A, Umaril, an Aran!
Aure-El is our father, and I, Umaril, the king!
dean

« Reply #11 on: October 31, 2010, 06:04:05 AM »

Based on recent press, I'd say he'd more likely wrestle them to the ground with his bare hands or shoot them with a crossbow.  He is a perfect candidate for an action figure...

------------The password will be: Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch
venomx
« Reply #12 on: October 31, 2010, 12:09:12 PM »

"wrestle them to the ground"? He may just have Fedor Emelianenko wrestle them into submission lol.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Press Releases and Film News  |  WikiLeaks to release secret Russia, China logs « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.