Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 02:55:04 PM
713356 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  SKYLINE (2010) "don't look up" « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: SKYLINE (2010) "don't look up"  (Read 10792 times)
venomx
« Reply #15 on: November 06, 2010, 11:31:36 AM »

I never seen Aliens vs Predator: Requiem. The trailers looked really lame so I skipped it. Wink

Edit.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2010, 11:48:50 AM by Venomx » Logged
Trekkie313
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #16 on: November 06, 2010, 12:55:07 PM »

So the movie is like the War Of The Worlds remake and Independence Day but with the guy from SCRUBS?
dean
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #17 on: November 06, 2010, 06:45:30 PM »

I like the look of it.  The directors have proven that they can do some nice effects shots, especially the long ones of people getting sucked up into the sky that seems to be on everyone's lips.  The bits on the Predator planet in AVPR were cool too.

So I hope they do well.  I can't help but shake the feeling that a lot of the film will be people hiding in buildings talking about what they are going to do, instead of balls out crazy action and constant special effects, which I want.

------------The password will be: Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #18 on: November 11, 2010, 03:29:14 PM »

Looks like the distributor didn't allow any advance screenings for critics, which is usually a sign they know they have a giant bomb on their hands. 

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
snowman
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #19 on: November 13, 2010, 10:47:53 AM »

So the movie is like the War Of The Worlds remake and Independence Day but with the guy from SCRUBS?

I'm glad to see that I'm not the only one who noticed the similarities between the movie and the War of the Worlds.
dean

« Reply #20 on: November 13, 2010, 10:12:27 PM »

It was actually kinda fun.  Had a terrible plot but the effects were good.  It also gets the award for wackiest ending of 2010 so far.

------------The password will be: Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch
Raffine

« Reply #21 on: November 14, 2010, 04:57:43 PM »

I can't help but shake the feeling that a lot of the film will be people hiding in buildings talking about what they are going to do, instead of balls out crazy action and constant special effects, which I want.

Yes, much of the 'drama' comes from three or four characters holed up in the apartment (with the shades drawn, no less) wondering "Should we go out there?" "I dunno." Should we stay in here?" "I dunno...". The plot is sort of a Mobius Strip: in the apartment - by the pool-on the roof-in the apartment - in the parking garage - woops - back in the parking garage - by the pool - back in the apartment - back on the roof - etc.

The aliens are spiffy and Eric Balfour juts his chin out convincingly. Best part has a giant alien going ape-s**t on a car.

I did learn that human brains and spinal cords come out neatly with just a little effort. They also come in day-glo colors!

The ending was goofy - but I think I missed some of it since it seemed to continue into the end credits and I had to go pee real bad.

If you're an Andy Milligan fan there's no hope for you.
dean

« Reply #22 on: November 15, 2010, 07:05:34 AM »

Oh Raffine, you missed the best part!  The end credits had some hilarious pictures which continued the plot right at the end.  I won't say what it was for people who haven't seen it, but it was a slightly illogical continuation of where the film ended.

venomx
« Reply #23 on: November 15, 2010, 07:52:49 AM »

I didnt see the movie yet, maybe this friday... on that note, every person who did it tells me you're going to get so mad at the end lol. "It's a very lame movie"... Now I kinda want to see it, just to see this "odd ending". Wink

I always get this hyped to see a new movie and sometimes I feel cheated, we'll see.
Raffine

« Reply #24 on: November 15, 2010, 09:47:51 AM »

Oh Raffine, you missed the best part!  The end credits had some hilarious pictures which continued the plot right at the end.  I won't say what it was for people who haven't seen it, but it was a slightly illogical continuation of where the film ended.

Now, that's just obnoxious!

Hey, Brothers Strauses! I shouldn't have to sit and watch your stupid movie after you've told me who the clapper loader was to see the frickin' ending.

dean

« Reply #25 on: November 16, 2010, 03:18:32 AM »

Hey, Brothers Strauses! I shouldn't have to sit and watch your stupid movie after you've told me who the clapper loader was to see the frickin' ending.

I think I misspoke, the pictures accompany the start of the end credits, before the roll started; there was no way I was waiting for the end.  My friends and I were in a silly mood so the pictures were a hilarious addition to the end of the movie.  It didn't really add anything, but was funny all the same.

*****Spoiler Alert*****

It basically involved pictures of the 'good alien' throwing punches at other Aliens on the mothership, while he defends his girlfriend.  It was very silly, but made me laugh.

Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #26 on: November 16, 2010, 03:54:09 AM »

The Hollywood Reporter calls it "a spasmodic and incoherent shambles". After I find out what the words spasmodic, incoherent and shambles mean, I most definitely want to see it.  Wink TeddyR

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
Raffine

« Reply #27 on: November 16, 2010, 08:34:39 AM »

I think I misspoke, the pictures accompany the start of the end credits, before the roll started; there was no way I was waiting for the end.  My friends and I were in a silly mood so the pictures were a hilarious addition to the end of the movie.  It didn't really add anything, but was funny all the same.

*****Spoiler Alert*****

It basically involved pictures of the 'good alien' throwing punches at other Aliens on the mothership, while he defends his girlfriend.  It was very silly, but made me laugh.

Yeah, I did see a couple of those before nature called. Sounds like I didn't miss much after all.
Whatta relief!  TeddyR

Newt
Mostly Harmless. Mostly.

I want to be Ripley when I grow up.

« Reply #28 on: November 16, 2010, 09:00:40 AM »

The Hollywood Reporter calls it "a spasmodic and incoherent shambles".

OH - it's a zombie film?  BounceGiggle

"May I offer you a Peek Frean?" - Walter Bishop
"Thank you for appreciating my descent into deviant behavior, Mr. Reese." - Harold Finch
snowman
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #29 on: November 16, 2010, 08:15:38 PM »

I've read three different reviews of the movie and all three have given the movie thumbs down. The only upside appears to the great special effects. See the write-up at Television Without Pity.
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  SKYLINE (2010) "don't look up" « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.