Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 02:26:28 PM
714217 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7734 Members
Latest Member: BlackVuemmo
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Grinding Other People's Gears « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Grinding Other People's Gears  (Read 1802 times)
Mr. DS
Master Of Cinematic Bowel Movements
B-Movie Kraken

Get this thread cleaned up or YOU'RE FIRED!!!

« on: October 31, 2010, 10:53:54 AM »

Ok, we've all talked in another thread about what "grinds our gears".  What do you excel at that "grinds" other people's gears.  IOW, what have you been told off about in the past. 

As I get older, I am less patient.  When someone asks me to show them how to do something (example at work) and they're taking too much time to do it I just kind of nudge them out of the way and say, "just let me do it".  I just can't stand when people have issues with something like pointing and clicking an icon.  This generally really p!sses people off but I can't help it.

I am also extremely, extremely cheap when it comes to money.  When a collection envelope comes my way you can bet 90% of the time its being passed off to the next person without a cent from me.  I am charitable when it comes to certain things but I don't like having to put in five bucks for flowers for gifts, flowers and birthday presents. I'd rather spend the money on my family's well being.  I get so much flack about it but people now seem to be getting comical about it.  "Don't bother giving the envelope to Mark..." 

So, what do you do that ticks people off?

DarkSider's Realm
http://darksidersrealm.blogspot.com/

"You think the honey badger cares?  It doesn't give a sh*t."  Randall
El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2010, 11:01:06 AM »

When ever I watch Man vs. Food, my dad would put on head phones so that he wouldn't listen to the show, which grinds my gears, but when ever he's doing the dishes and the show is on, I would turn up the volume so that he would get p**sed at me because I'm p**sed at him for doing those stunts that makes me feel guilty for watching the show. I am not amused and why he does it is because he turned into a vegan (he meets up with a vegan meeting at a BBQ place, Ironic?) and he thinks that what he's doing is right when in reality, it's dumb and makes him look like a big brat.

yeah no.
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2010, 11:17:09 AM »

I recently switched the family over to a cheaper cell phone plan.  OH-MY-GOOOOOOOODDDDD!!!  You'd think I announced I was moving them all to Northern Siberia or something.   BounceGiggle 

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2010, 12:04:13 PM »

My wife and I grind each other's gears when it comes to anything technological. She gets annoyed that I assume she knows how to do everything, while I get annoyed that she makes me drop everything to fix something simple enough she could have figured it out. Like the time she called me up so I could talk her through changing a drill bit. It was a keyless chuck - you just twist it. And it was all my fault because I'd put a different bit in for something and not changed it back to the one she needed, which was much smaller and wasn't going to fit. At that point, how do I tell her I never even thought about it because it's so simple any little kid could figure it out? Or that she'd used the drill enough, it never occurred to me that the need to change a bit had never come up before?

She is smarter than that, but anything technological intimidates her, to the point where she won't even try. She gets annoyed that the home theatre system I put together is too complicated, while I get annoyed that she still hasn't learned to use it fully.

---------------------
"Join me in the abyss of savings."
Jim H
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2010, 12:38:58 PM »

My wife and I grind each other's gears when it comes to anything technological. She gets annoyed that I assume she knows how to do everything, while I get annoyed that she makes me drop everything to fix something simple enough she could have figured it out. Like the time she called me up so I could talk her through changing a drill bit. It was a keyless chuck - you just twist it. And it was all my fault because I'd put a different bit in for something and not changed it back to the one she needed, which was much smaller and wasn't going to fit. At that point, how do I tell her I never even thought about it because it's so simple any little kid could figure it out? Or that she'd used the drill enough, it never occurred to me that the need to change a bit had never come up before?

She is smarter than that, but anything technological intimidates her, to the point where she won't even try. She gets annoyed that the home theatre system I put together is too complicated, while I get annoyed that she still hasn't learned to use it fully.

Yeah.  That's a woman thing.  Sorry to be sexist, but it's true. 

When someone doesn't know something or can't figure something out, I sometimes respond in a way that comes across as insulting about it.  Generally speaking, I legitimately am just surprised they don't know/can't figure it out, but I guess people think I'm faking my surprise in order to insult them. 

Aside from the accidental insult as above, there have been times where I've scoffed in people's faces when they say stupid things.  It p**ses them off.  I can't say I blame them for that. 
3mnkids

« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2010, 01:20:34 PM »

I dont rinse the spoon after making my coffee. It really ticks my husband off.

I dont have a brain/mouth filter. I say whatever im thinking no matter how inappropriate it may be. A recent example - My brother was complaining about going to visit his grandmother that weekend. She is 87 yrs old so I said.. go see her, how many weekends do you think she has left? yeah, that didn't go over well.   Lookingup

There's no worse feeling than that millisecond you're sure you are going to die after leaning your chair back a little too far~ ruminations
Doggett
Bustin' makes me feel good !

I've seen things you people couldn't imagine...

« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2010, 02:32:27 PM »

I recently switched the family over to a cheaper cell phone plan.  OH-MY-GOOOOOOOODDDDD!!!  You'd think I announced I was moving them all to Northern Siberia or something.   BounceGiggle 

And just think how much it would cost on your mobile if you had to ring them over there !

TeddyR

If God exists, why did he make me an atheist? Thats His first mistake.
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2010, 03:26:40 PM »

I tend to belch words . . . usually the names of the continents . . . whenever I have to burp.  It drives my poor wife to distraction, but "Europe" just kind of rolls up from my diaphragm anyway.

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
macabre
Bad Movie Lover

I'M COMING FOR YOU!

« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2010, 03:34:41 PM »

hi
I have had people tell me that i hum quite a lot.I was in a P.T.A. meeting the other day and i was humming whilst one of my teachers was reading her report paper to me. This Young lady stood up and shouted me out for ignoring her.I also p....ss my wife off by slightly rocking whilst we watch a movie(i honestly don,t realise that i am rocking), my wife also says that i have this annoying habit if inhaling and exhaling on a regular basis, she says i should try and stop breathing for about 10Min's,

GEEZ! I NEVER REALISED A BRAIN WEIGHED SO MUCH.
WHY HAVE YOU GOT A KNIFE IN YOUR HAND? I HAVEN'T IT'S IN YOUR CHEST.
A MARATHON! MY WIFE COULDN'T RUN A BATH WITHOUT FEELING TIRED.
Flick James

Honorary Bastard of Arts

« Reply #9 on: November 01, 2010, 01:36:47 PM »

I’ve been told by my wife that my talent at producing seismic activity while snoring sometimes grinds her gears.

I don't always talk about bad movies, but when I do, I prefer badmovies.org
AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #10 on: November 01, 2010, 03:14:03 PM »

I’ve been told by my wife that my talent at producing seismic activity while snoring sometimes grinds her gears.

Oh yes. My wife goes as far as discouraging me from going to sleep before she does. Apparently, I keep her awake if I go to sleep first.

---------------------
"Join me in the abyss of savings."
Paquita

« Reply #11 on: November 01, 2010, 06:23:11 PM »

As I get older, I am less patient.  When someone asks me to show them how to do something (example at work) and they're taking too much time to do it I just kind of nudge them out of the way and say, "just let me do it".  I just can't stand when people have issues with something like pointing and clicking an icon.  This generally really p!sses people off but I can't help it.

That sounds normal to me.  I have to fight the urge to do that all the time, especially when I’m helping my mom out with something on the computer.  She’s gotten to the point where if it takes her more than 5 minutes, she just asks me to do it.

At work I always ask everyone to e-mail me or give me something in writing and I know they hate it.  I’m always being asked to provide proof and documentation for the things we do, and I’ve been caught in situations where I couldn’t provide it, and it’s not a good feeling.  Certain people always bring up in meetings why can’t we just pick up a phone or walk over to discuss things and they’ll look directly at me  Bluesad.

I’m pretty sure I get on my husband’s nerves by complaining about some of the things he does all the time, but I try to do all my complaining in happy, fun, pleasant ways, so hopefully I’m not too bad!
HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #12 on: November 01, 2010, 09:10:25 PM »

Apparently, having no qualms about saying whatever is on your mind at the moment is a terrible thing, regardless of how it hurts people.

It's also a bad idea to tell your manager at work how terrible he is at the job he was given and is doing a terrible job.  Some may chalk that up to 'jealousy' but seeing as the other two managers don't even want him around, well, whatever.

"The path to Heaven runs through miles of clouded Hell."

Don’t get too close, it’s dark inside.
It’s where my demons hide, it’s where my demons hide.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Grinding Other People's Gears « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.