Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 09:05:06 AM
713333 Posts in 53056 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Worst Bond movie « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Author Topic: Worst Bond movie  (Read 16945 times)
zombie no.one
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Oookaay...

« Reply #15 on: November 02, 2010, 03:48:25 PM »

never seen any bond film that isn't connery or moore! never seen any of the 'new' bonds...

saw For Your Eyes Only again the other day and I didn't really like it, thought it was a bit wishy washy...1 vote for that.

what's DAF by the way?

The Mandela Effect is a Mandela Effect
Doggett
Bustin' makes me feel good !

I've seen things you people couldn't imagine...

« Reply #16 on: November 02, 2010, 03:54:03 PM »

Diamonds Are Forever.

If God exists, why did he make me an atheist? Thats His first mistake.
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964

« Reply #17 on: November 02, 2010, 04:24:18 PM »

OCTOp***y is probably my least favorite.  I'm also not a big fan of A VIEW TO A KILL.  Overall, I think most of the Roger Moore movies are silly, although I do enjoy LIVE AND LET DIE and MAN WITH THE GOLDEN GUN (mostly because of Christopher Lee).  A lot of people don't like ON HER MAJESTY'S SECRET SERVICE because of George Lazenby.  I actually think that would have been one of the top 3 or 4 Bond films if Connery was in it.  Telly Savalas is a pretty good villain, and the ski and bobsled chases are very entertaining.

I'm slowly reading all the Bond books now (I bought a boxed set of all the paperbacks a while back).  I'm about half way through THUNDERBALL right now (which I read 2 or 3 times  many years ago).  Interesting that in the books Felix Leiter left the CIA and went to work for Pinkerton's after he got his arm chewed off in LIVE AND LET DIE, then rejoined the CIA in THUNDERBALL.   

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
Mr. DS
Master Of Cinematic Bowel Movements
B-Movie Kraken

Get this thread cleaned up or YOU'RE FIRED!!!

« Reply #18 on: November 02, 2010, 04:25:38 PM »

Trekkie I'd probably chill the attitude out around here.  You gave me negative karma because I mentioned Moonraker?  Lookingup If you're going to flame everyone for their opinion you probably won't last long here nor garnish any respect from board members.

DarkSider's Realm
http://darksidersrealm.blogspot.com/

"You think the honey badger cares?  It doesn't give a sh*t."  Randall
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964

« Reply #19 on: November 02, 2010, 04:30:05 PM »

Trekkie I'd probably chill the attitude out around here.  You gave me negative karma because I mentioned Moonraker?  Lookingup If you're going to flame everyone for their opinion you probably won't last long here nor garnish any respect from board members.

Don't worry.  I gave you a shot of positive karma to counteract Trekkie's negative karma. 

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
Trekkie313
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #20 on: November 02, 2010, 04:40:55 PM »

Moonraker was the product of its era, if Star Wars hadn't come out I doubt it would've been done. The 1st half of the movie is ok, but it goes downhill quickly when it gets to the space stuff.
2 other films I don't like are from the Moore era, MWTGG and LALD, they are pretty boring in retrospect.
I use abbreviations because a lot of people do in on James Bond forums.

OHMSS had an ok plot that was certainly ahead of its time for talking about biological warfare, but dear god...the acting, the acting! Some of the lamest Bond lines are in that movie and I am definitely not keen with Lazenby at all. Also very bad idea to have the main song sung by a guy with throat cancer! It doesn't feel like Bond at all, instead it feels like one of those "imitation Bond" films of the era.

Diamonds Are Forever is bad because no matter how hard it tries not to be cheesy, it fails miserably. Connery has hairy "moobs", tacky set designs, a preposterous lunar rover chase, unnecessary cameos and a horrible attempt at correcting the car goof. The humor doesn't work well with Connery and it has some of the worst F/X for a Bond movie to date...I have proof! They superimposed nearly every damn explosion when all the previous films were done with much better models and pyrotechnics.

zombie no.one

Oookaay...

« Reply #21 on: November 02, 2010, 04:41:31 PM »

Diamonds Are Forever.
ah thanks....couldnt work it out, Im a bit thick :]

The Mandela Effect is a Mandela Effect
ulthar

I AM serious, and stop calling me Shirley

« Reply #22 on: November 02, 2010, 04:46:11 PM »

HOW IS THE LIVING DAYLIGHTS IN ANY WAY BAD, ARE YOU INSANE?  Hatred Buggedout

Have you seen the mess that is DAF, DAD and OHMSS?

You are new here, so you may not be aware..we don't  usually insult or otherwise rag on each other for liking/not liking any given movie. It is the nature of this group to like (and accept others liehking) films that others do not.

Since it's all personal preference anyway, there's no need for insults...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Professor Hathaway:  I noticed you stopped stuttering.
Bodie:      I've been giving myself shock treatments.
Professor Hathaway: Up the voltage.

--Real Genius
Skull
« Reply #23 on: November 02, 2010, 05:09:31 PM »

Moonraker was the product of its era, if Star Wars hadn't come out I doubt it would've been done. The 1st half of the movie is ok, but it goes downhill quickly when it gets to the space stuff.

Nothing is wrong with moonraker.

Also unless you have lived in the cave for the first 5 years after Star Wars (1977) you'll then wouldnt noticed that there is several to hundreds of films that found a way to use Star Wars to their advantage... From Star Trek the Motion Picture (which would never been made without the success of Star Wars), Tron, Superman, Halloween 2 and even buddy cop films like 48 hours...

2 other films I don't like are from the Moore era, MWTGG and LALD, they are pretty boring in retrospect.

I use abbreviations because a lot of people do in on James Bond forums.

Hmmmm... this isnt a James Bond forum and your abbraviations is going over my head.
Trekkie313
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #24 on: November 02, 2010, 05:15:33 PM »

Nothing is wrong with moonraker.

Also unless you have lived in the cave for the first 5 years after Star Wars (1977) you'll then wouldnt noticed that there is several to hundreds of films that found a way to use Star Wars to their advantage... From Star Trek the Motion Picture (which would never been made without the success of Star Wars), Tron, Superman, Halloween 2 and even buddy cop films like 48 hours...

I don't know how Star Wars affected Superman and Halloween 2...
Flick James

Honorary Bastard of Arts

« Reply #25 on: November 02, 2010, 05:53:56 PM »

You will agree with me that DAF and DAD are horrible won't you?

Never saw Diamonds are Forever, so I can't comment

I agree that Die Another Day was bad.

Friends?

I don't always talk about bad movies, but when I do, I prefer badmovies.org
Flick James

Honorary Bastard of Arts

« Reply #26 on: November 02, 2010, 06:01:45 PM »

Trekkie -

What's the deal with dishing out negative karma? I don't know that I've ever given negative karma, even when I vehemently have disagreed with fellow members over far more serious topics. I don't think you're going to get along very well here. Most of us respect each other on a basic level despite our disagreements. I'm not sure what you're trying to prove. If you want to get in a karma contest, bring it on. I really don't care. If this site has no value to you, then fine, I'm sure you won't last, but if it does, you may want to lighten up.

I don't always talk about bad movies, but when I do, I prefer badmovies.org
ulthar

« Reply #27 on: November 02, 2010, 07:07:20 PM »

I've never seen a non-Connery/Moore Bond movie all the way through, and the only bits of one was part of one of Pierce Brosnan's...not sure which one.

I was not overly impressed - it seemed too MTV style actioney for my taste with a totally lame, idiotic denoument.

So, I'd pick that one, even though I don't know which one it was.   Twirling

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--Real Genius
Trekkie313
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #28 on: November 02, 2010, 07:27:19 PM »

I've never seen a non-Connery/Moore Bond movie all the way through, and the only bits of one was part of one of Pierce Brosnan's...not sure which one.

I was not overly impressed - it seemed too MTV style actioney for my taste with a totally lame, idiotic denoument.

So, I'd pick that one, even though I don't know which one it was.   Twirling

Goldeneye and The Living Daylights might be the best non-Connery/Moore movies for you to watch.
ulthar

« Reply #29 on: November 02, 2010, 07:30:01 PM »

Goldeneye and The Living Daylights might be the best non-Connery/Moore movies for you to watch.

You are assuming I WANT to watch a post-Moore Bond movie.   BounceGiggle

BOWFINGER was more my speed, I think.

--Real Genius
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Worst Bond movie « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.