Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 06:58:28 PM
714223 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7734 Members
Latest Member: BlackVuemmo
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Worst Bond movie « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Author Topic: Worst Bond movie  (Read 17085 times)
Mr. DS
Master Of Cinematic Bowel Movements
B-Movie Kraken

Get this thread cleaned up or YOU'RE FIRED!!!

« Reply #30 on: November 02, 2010, 08:07:48 PM »

I actually may be one of the few who enjoyed the Brosnan movies.  I have to say the Moore films are my favs though. 

How about dumb Bond moments in general?  I remember in one Connery came across a killer spider and slammed his shoe on it several times.  That scene always p!ssed my dad off while watching it.

DarkSider's Realm
http://darksidersrealm.blogspot.com/

"You think the honey badger cares?  It doesn't give a sh*t."  Randall
Skull
« Reply #31 on: November 02, 2010, 08:22:24 PM »

I don't know how Star Wars affected Superman and Halloween 2...

lol... I guess you been living in a cave...

Superman... the opening credits for starters...

Small | Large

Halloween 2...

Hmmmmmm... Michael Myers: I'm your brother... (what movie did that come from?)

hint:

Trekkie313
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #32 on: November 02, 2010, 08:48:13 PM »

I don't know how Star Wars affected Superman and Halloween 2...

lol... I guess you been living in a cave...

Superman... the opening credits for starters...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1qHDWdGPomw

Halloween 2...

hint:

I still don't see the connection.
retrorussell
In the town of Valentine Bluffs, there are many ways to die. Take your pick.
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Hanniger! I'll be waiting in HELL for you!

« Reply #33 on: November 02, 2010, 09:27:05 PM »

The World Is Not Enough was pretty awful.. so was View To A Kill and Moonraker (I initially loved it as a kid, but now..).
My favorites are The Spy Who Loved Me, License To Kill, Dr. No, and On Her Majesty's Secret Service.

"O the legend they say, on a Valentine's Day, is a curse that'll live on and on.."
Menard
Bad Movie Lover

I Am Vitriol...When You Say My Name You Praise Me

« Reply #34 on: November 03, 2010, 12:36:26 AM »

...we don't  usually insult or otherwise rag on each other for liking/not liking any given movie...

Ah see no need to bring me into this conversation. TongueOut

Halloween 2...

hint:

Superman, yes, but that's really quite a leap.

My vote, out of the ones I've seen, is for Diamonds Are Forever. I love how a car can tilt on two wheels to evade police down an alley, and come out of the alley on the opposite set of wheels; now that's skill. The beautiful special effects used for blowing the helicopters out of the sky I believe came straight from an arcade game in the 70s called Ace of Aces; just superimpose an obviously fake fireball over the hit target. It's not a good one, or even close, but at least it moves pretty well and can be fun, but grating.

I liked Brosnan as Bond. I personally think he's right up there with Connery as the best Bond; certainly he has more charm than any other Bond. I did not care for Die Another Day though; great, if not a little fake looking at times, special effects, I'm just still waiting for them to add characters to the story.

I do enjoy Live and Let Die; I mean come on, the speed boat chase alone is worth the price of admission, not to mention the way cool theme song.

And what the hell is the comment about blaxploitation co-stars? My apologies if I'm missing some kind of reference in that.

Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #35 on: November 03, 2010, 06:50:43 AM »

I grew up with Roger Moore as my Bond, so I pretty much love all his movies.  Octop***y and Moonraker are two of my huge favorites (probably doesn't hurt that I was a gigantic Star Wars fan back then  TeddyR ).  The Spy Who Loved Me and For Your Eyes Only are excellent IMO as well.  Though even I have to admit that A View To A Kill was pretty weak, it was just so silly and crammed full of pop culture, from the Duran Duran theme song to Grace Jones. 

I have to admit that although I generally like the Sean Connery movies, I'm not a huge fan;  though I am a huge fan of Connery in general.  Dr. No and From Russia with love are both good, and You Only Live Twice is definitely my favorite.  Goldfinger though - other than the awesome theme song I've never enjoyed that one.  And Thunderball...just too silly for me.

Lazenby's movie is a big favorite of mine.  I loved the atmosphere, thought George made for a refreshing change, and Diana Rigg was just awesomely hot  TeddyR

Of the Dalton movies, I thought License to Kill was quite excellent, it really fit the mold of what I think a Bond film should be.  I didn't really care for The Living Daylights, I thought Maryam d'Abo was pretty terrible in the co-starring role.

I liked the first Brosnan movie, GoldenEye, it had a pretty interesting plot and overall I thought Brosnan made an okay Bond.  The next few were really ruined by Judi Dench as M;  I mean, this is James Bond, he's saved the whole world from destruction on quite a few occasions, and Dench just treats him in the most disrespectful manner imaginable.  And the action got to the point where they were more like superhero movies than semi-believable secret agent movies.

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
Olivia Bauer

« Reply #36 on: November 03, 2010, 06:51:15 AM »

I liked all of them except one.

Quantum of Solace.

One word...

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORRRRRRRRRRRRRRIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGG!!!

It was dull and uninteresting. The plot made no sense, the villains had no character, and worst of all...

James Bond was emo! That is WRONG on 1,000 levels!

I mean who turns a quirky character who spouts one-liners emo?

...Oh, right....

Bluesad

*Face palm*

Olivia Bauer

« Reply #37 on: November 03, 2010, 06:53:20 AM »

Octop**sy, Jack? Come on, we're all adults here. You won't be banned for naming a James Bond movie.

Besides, aren't most the woman named after innuendos?

Mr. DS
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #38 on: November 03, 2010, 07:14:35 AM »

I liked all of them except one.

Quantum of Solace.

One word...

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORRRRRRRRRRRRRRIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGG!!!

It was dull and uninteresting. The plot made no sense, the villains had no character, and worst of all...

James Bond was emo! That is WRONG on 1,000 levels!
THIS is my problem with the latest Bond movies.  Bond, although apparently just starting, comes off as whiny at times with hardly a bit of charm and overconfidence that makes him likeable.  Craig has the look and the build to pass as a bad@ss but the script just won't let him move on.  I hope that the next one proves to be an improvement in this dept. 

DarkSider's Realm

zombie no.one

Oookaay...

« Reply #39 on: November 03, 2010, 07:53:21 AM »

Octop**sy, Jack? Come on, we're all adults here. You won't be banned for naming a James Bond movie.

Lookingup  TeddyR

The Mandela Effect is a Mandela Effect
Hammock Rider

« Reply #40 on: November 03, 2010, 08:32:54 AM »

I agree with the opinion that Quantam of Solace featured an emo Bond. As far as the quality of the Bond movies go, that one was the worst, and for that reason.

However, I have very negative feelings towards The Living Daylights. They have nothing to do with the movie, although I did think Dalton's Bond was a little too...boring? I had a rotten experience when I went to see Living Daylights. I had been in Las Vegas for a week, my first trip, and had probably gotten all of 3 hours sleep for the entire week. The day I got back I took this very cute girl that I  liked out to see The Living Daylights. I guess the week of high living, the dark, warm theater and the "stoic" acting of TImothy Dalton combined to put me to sleep. When I woke up during the movie's credits, I looked around and the girl was gone. She'd taken a cab home. And since we worked together it was some time before I heard the end of it.

Jumping Kings and Making Haste Ain't my Cup of Meat
Skull
« Reply #41 on: November 03, 2010, 10:22:50 AM »

Cool... at least I'm not the only one that didnt like Living Daylights...

Of the Dalton movies, I thought License to Kill was quite excellent, it really fit the mold of what I think a Bond film should be.

Agree here... This is why I have such a mix feeling with Dalton. One movie is trash the other is top dog.

@Trekkie313... you need to watch a few movies made before Star Wars and then a few movies after... you might see the connection. The Star Wars Box Office success is a movie making influence that actually altered what we see in the movies for almost 10 years or so... Not only space films but scripting and film editing was also influenced into something that we call “Summer Movies/Films”

True, Moonraker tried to cash-in with space from Star Wars success... but James Bond movies always has a space connection...

You Only Live Twice...

Diamonds Are Forever…

And since Derek Flint went into space it was a matter of timming for James Bond to go into space.

Mr. DS
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #42 on: November 03, 2010, 10:58:24 AM »

Just for the record, some words self edit on the forum.  For example...Octop***y...try it all you want Octop***y...Octop***y...or perhaps p***y Gallore...

DarkSider's Realm

Skull
« Reply #43 on: November 03, 2010, 11:02:53 AM »

Just for the record, some words self edit on the forum.  For example...Octop***y...try it all you want Octop***y...Octop***y...or perhaps p***y Gallore...

lol... I'd remember hearing that people were shocked to hear P***y Gallore on the trailers... :)
zombie no.one

Oookaay...

« Reply #44 on: November 03, 2010, 11:16:00 AM »

The Mandela Effect is a Mandela Effect
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Worst Bond movie « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.