Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 04:44:42 AM
713324 Posts in 53055 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Venting, angry and livid « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Venting, angry and livid  (Read 2737 times)
vanlutz
Bad Movie Lover

« on: November 03, 2010, 06:18:03 PM »

Do promises or keeping your word mean s**t anymore?

We pay our water company extra each month for line protection from the street to the house.  We're covered up to $5000 per problem. We've been paying for 3 years and finally had to use it. The water backs up into our basement tub, and also wets our basement floor.

Everything was going well. First they sent a plumber who tried for 4 hours to snake the pipes. It didn't work. So it was escalated to a company with a camera to check it out. This company was going to complete the job yesterday. They didn't start with the camera till about 5:30 and finally around 7:00  they knew what they had to do. I said (dumbass that I am) "Why don't you do this tomorrow? It's late and we can live one more day". They thanked and PROMISED me it'd be done by the time I got home from work.

I get home from work and nothing's done. There's also a message from the water company with nothing more then "Call". After numerous calls I find out that "The company sent in a proposal that needs to be approved before work could begin." WHAT THE f**k! Not one f**king person said anything accept  "Don't worry, we'll get the job done."

If I hadn't have said "It's late, do it tomorrow", it would have been done yesterday without a proposal. When the contractor promised to have it done before I got home, there was no mention of a proposal.

So we got no f**king water to use.
retrorussell
In the town of Valentine Bluffs, there are many ways to die. Take your pick.
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Hanniger! I'll be waiting in HELL for you!

« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2010, 09:21:15 PM »

I can't imagine how much that would suck.  You have my condolences in spades.

"O the legend they say, on a Valentine's Day, is a curse that'll live on and on.."
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2010, 06:39:53 AM »

You have my condolences.  That crap is so typical.  We were going to build a nice porch on the back of the house, even hired a carpenter and he had started purchasing the materials, on the assumption that getting a building permit would be no problem.  Wrong.  Some a-hole passed an ordinance that anybody who wants to make an addition/improvement to their house has to have a septic system that meets current code, which has been changed drastically since out house was built.  So in order to build our porch, we would have first had to install a drain field in our front yard.  Our front yard is small, on a steep hillside, eight feet above the driveway and surrounded by walls on two sides.  It would have been a ridiculously expensive undertaking to even attempt to build the damned thing, and best of all, even if completed it wouldn't have been any better than the system we've got now. 

So our carpenter got a few free windows out of the deal, courtesy of me.   Lookingup

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
vanlutz
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2010, 03:40:43 PM »

Thanks. I'm still p**sed about it. But, I got a few choice words in to both yesterday.

You know what really got me. Two grown men, both much bigger then me. I'm not cursing, but I am talking loud. They both like little girls said (at different times) If you don't stop yelling at me I'm leaving.

That sucks about the porch. There are so many little things you'd never think about. We had our bathroom remodeled (victorian style), and we wanted antique wall sconces on either side of the mirror above the sink. We couldn't have them, because our claw foot tub is next to the sink, and someone who wanted to commit suicide could unscrew the light bulb and stick their finger in the socket.

Yep, scratch the phrase "Personal Responsibility".
vanlutz
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2010, 04:00:36 PM »

So Karen signs the proposal with the a***ole. You know how they got back at me for calling them "unethical and unprofessional"? They pulled out our gas line. The entire front of our house is dug up while the gas company replaces the line.

Why am I smiling?
BoyScoutKevin
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2010, 05:36:41 PM »

First of all, my sympathies to everyone. But this thread just reinforces my personal belief never to live in my own home, but to always live in a rented apartment. Maybe I've been lucky, but in 29.5 years, I've only lived in two apartment complexes, and they've both been good at quickly fixing anything in the apartment that needed fixing.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Venting, angry and livid « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.