Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 07:49:04 PM
714223 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7734 Members
Latest Member: BlackVuemmo
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Memo to self: never donate blood on a Monday « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Memo to self: never donate blood on a Monday  (Read 4571 times)
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« on: November 04, 2010, 08:12:09 AM »

.......... if you're a little anemic like I am, you'll be completely tired out by Thursday.  Buggedout

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
Newt
Mostly Harmless. Mostly.
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I want to be Ripley when I grow up.

« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2010, 08:22:54 AM »

Trevor, sweet man, while giving blood is the noblest of charities, if it affects you so profoundly maybe you should re-think doing it?  Are you a blood type that is gravely needed?  Take care of yourself: we cannot be there to do it for you!

"May I offer you a Peek Frean?" - Walter Bishop
"Thank you for appreciating my descent into deviant behavior, Mr. Reese." - Harold Finch
Trevor
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2010, 08:48:03 AM »

Trevor, sweet man, while giving blood is the noblest of charities, if it affects you so profoundly maybe you should re-think doing it?  Are you a blood type that is gravely needed?  Take care of yourself: we cannot be there to do it for you!

Awwww..... *HUG*  Smile

I'm 0+ which I believe means I'm something called a universal blood donor: I can give to any blood type at all so, yes, they do knock on my door every two months. I'm just tired because I normally give over a weekend and on Monday they had a blood drive at my head office, so I did. I walked back to work (about a mile or so) and I thought: "I'm the man!" until I fell asleep at my desk an hour later.  Buggedout Buggedout

I worry sometimes about what will happen to the people that get my blood: it is good, honest, African blood but I fear that my underpants will taint the donated blood.  Wink

The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964

« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2010, 11:38:22 AM »

I'm 0+

I'm AB - . . . I'm the Bizarro Trevor!

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
Trevor
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2010, 12:49:54 PM »

I'm 0+

I'm AB - . . . I'm the Bizarro Trevor!

Wow: AB- is one of the rarest blood groups!

HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2010, 09:48:38 PM »

I'm O+ blood type. TeddyR

"The path to Heaven runs through miles of clouded Hell."

Don’t get too close, it’s dark inside.
It’s where my demons hide, it’s where my demons hide.
retrorussell
In the town of Valentine Bluffs, there are many ways to die. Take your pick.

Hanniger! I'll be waiting in HELL for you!

« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2010, 09:31:51 PM »

I'm O negative.  Used to donate a lot.  My sister tried to donate too but her iron count is so pathetically low that she can't pass the blood-in-saline test.  Loser!  BounceGiggle

"O the legend they say, on a Valentine's Day, is a curse that'll live on and on.."
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2010, 09:33:59 PM »

I never donate... blood.

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2010, 10:29:11 PM »

I can't donate blood.

Not for any health reasons, really. 

It's just that I hate doctors, nurses, needles and it generally turns into a struggle with someone chasing me around the office with a needle, me screaming relentlessly at them while throwing things, them sticking me and me passing out.

Quite a scene, really and the people hate me for it.

Should see me at my regular doctor when I gotta give blood for tests. Buggedout

"The path to Heaven runs through miles of clouded Hell."

Don’t get too close, it’s dark inside.
It’s where my demons hide, it’s where my demons hide.
Mofo Rising
Global Moderator

My cat can eat a whole watermelon!

« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2010, 01:44:30 AM »

I'm 0+ which I believe means I'm something called a universal blood donor: I can give to any blood type at all so, yes, they do knock on my door every two months.

Almost a universal donor, but close enough. If you were O- you could donate to absolutely anybody. O-type blood can be accepted by almost everybody. Those with A, B, or AB blood can accept O-type blood. That's what makes you a valuable donor. The flip-side of that is that those with O blood can only get transfusions of O blood. So while your blood can be put into almost anybody, you can only receive blood from other O donors. Tough luck.

O+ is the most common blood type in the world (not to burst any bubbles). I myself am O+.

Anyway, good on you, Trevor! Donating blood is one of the simplest, most selfless acts you can do. Since you have type-O blood it is even more laudable that you donate. Take a note from Trevor, folks, if you can donate blood, no matter what type you are, please do so as often as possible. I donate about every three months. As soon as I can again I get right back on the bus.

I would also suggest signing up for the bone marrow registry. It is very easy, and you may end up helping to save somebody's life some day. These days they rarely even need to resort to surgery, they can just draw serum from you.

Of course, as Trevor has illustrated, don't give blood and go driving heavy machinery.

Every dead body that is not exterminated becomes one of them. It gets up and kills. The people it kills, get up and kill.
BTM

« Reply #10 on: November 06, 2010, 04:44:32 AM »

I know this guy who was always very pessimistic.  His blood type was B negative.

"Some people mature, some just get older." -Andrew Vachss
Newt
Mostly Harmless. Mostly.

I want to be Ripley when I grow up.

« Reply #11 on: November 06, 2010, 06:40:32 AM »

I never donate... blood.
Flashing on Bela and precious bodily fluids here.  BounceGiggle Thanks for that, Rev!

"May I offer you a Peek Frean?" - Walter Bishop
"Thank you for appreciating my descent into deviant behavior, Mr. Reese." - Harold Finch
Paquita

« Reply #12 on: November 07, 2010, 09:41:51 PM »

I would also suggest signing up for the bone marrow registry. It is very easy, and you may end up helping to save somebody's life some day. These days they rarely even need to resort to surgery, they can just draw serum from you.

I second that!  I'm on the registry.  It is super easy, you just send a cheek swab so they can determine your type and you don't actually have to donate unless you're found to be a match, in which case, you may be that person's only hope for survival.  Whatever it takes to donate bone marrow can't be nearly as bad as what the person that needs it has to go through.

I've never donated blood though.  I can't stand having blood drawn and it sometimes makes me faint.  I'm AB+ so, really, anyone with my blood type can accept any blood.  However, if I understand it correctly, AB+ plasma is the opposite, so I probably should donate.
Trevor
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #13 on: November 08, 2010, 01:28:17 AM »

I know this guy who was always very pessimistic.  His blood type was B negative.

BounceGiggle BounceGiggle LMAO!

Trevor
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #14 on: November 08, 2010, 01:31:57 AM »

I would like to do that, but there's a cost involved in South Africa which my medical aid will not cover.

Of course, as Trevor has illustrated, don't give blood and go driving heavy machinery.

TeddyR I just took a short walk and was ready to keel over shortly afterwards.   Buggedout

Pages: [1] 2
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Memo to self: never donate blood on a Monday « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.