Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 02:26:10 AM
712922 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Television  |  The Bionic Woman (original series) « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: The Bionic Woman (original series)  (Read 8398 times)
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« on: November 04, 2010, 02:01:25 PM »

I rented two disks of this show. It's pretty good and very 70's in every way.

The star Lindsey Wagner is right up there with the hot women of the 70's maybe between Farrah Fawcett and Erin Gray from Buck Rogers. She has a lot of "look how charming and wacky I can be" type dialogue that isn't as endearing as it is with Farah Fawcett but doesn't detract too much. She is alot more fun than the dour 6 million dollar man which this show is a spin off of. She looked particularly fetching in a red bandana thing I can't find a picture of.

As Joseph Schumpeter once said even a picture of the most beautiful woman in the world is not going to be able to sell a bad cigarette for very long, or something to that effect. So how is the show? ehhh. By 70's standards it's fine, by normal standards it's pretty foolish. My issues with it are twofold:

1. As always with 70's shows the plot holes are a mile wide. How did the guys with the guns end up on the island? The plane came down from the lightning storm. Do they control the weather?

and I'm supposed to believe someone got plastic surgery to look exactly like the bionic woman and the people she worked with couldn't tell the difference?

70's plot twists are very primitive and poorly thought out as a rule and this show is no exception.

2. The use of the bionic powers isn't very clever. Medium is a show were the psychic abilities are key to the whole story. Here, she gets shipwrecked on an island and uses her bionicness to chop coconuts in half.  It's like whenever they run into a problem they are like "oh yeah bionic powers whew!" but they never really do anything all that interesting with it.

The show could be so much more awesome but it's still okay. If you like stuff like Wonderwoman and Charlies Angels check it out because it's pretty much a combination of those two shows but not as colorful.  Cheers

The first disk is actually episodes of the 6 Million Dollar man where her character is introduced. The later disk was much better. 6 million dollar snore.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2010, 09:35:31 AM by lester1/2jr » Logged
Neville
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2010, 11:11:53 AM »

I watched this show all the time when I was on my early teens, it was on the Spanish equivalent of syndication. Loved the show and had an enormous crush on Lindsay wagner.

I recently watched a few chapeters, just for nostalgia's sake. I found the show very entertaining, but rather silly. Just the ammount of time Jamioe spends using her bionics for domestic work... something tells me the 70s weren't ready for an action heroine.

Due to the horrifying nature of this film, no one will be admitted to the theatre.
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2010, 11:40:58 AM »

Just the ammount of time Jamie spends using her bionics for domestic work.

I know. not to be pc but its kind of perverse to have her washing dishes super fast while the bionic man is stopping trains or whatever.
zombie no.one

Oookaay...

« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2010, 01:25:00 PM »

ive got all of series 1 and 2 of Bionic woman and I think they're great. not very convincing but good to watch. much prefer this to Charlies Angels and Wonder woman. it's cheesy eye candy. series 3 is terrible though. looks like they stopped caring. the episode with evil kenival is the worst (Motorcycle Boogie)

She looked particularly fetching in a red bandana thing I can't find a picture of.

well here's a screen grab, I agree!

or you might've meant this one
« Last Edit: November 07, 2010, 01:28:02 PM by DCA » Logged

The Mandela Effect is a Mandela Effect
vanlutz
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2010, 06:37:01 PM »

When I was growing up, I was in love with Lindsey Wagner. I used to carry her photo in my wallet.
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2010, 07:11:06 AM »

I used to watch that all the time when I was a little kid.  I apparently saw at least one episodes since then, as I remember being blown away by how gorgeous Lindsay Wagner was. 

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2010, 11:03:21 AM »

DCA- yeah it was the one on the plane thanks. I have a thing for hijabs.
Umaril The Unfeathered

Pelinal na vasha, racuvar! Sa yando tyavoy nagaia!

« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2010, 03:27:33 PM »

I used to watch that all the time when I was a little kid.  I apparently saw at least one episodes since then, as I remember being blown away by how gorgeous Lindsay Wagner was. 

Same here, brother!  I was a 70's era TV kid and have to admit that I was taken by Lindsay Wagner as well.  And being it was also the era of the "jiggle queens" like Linda Carter and Suzanne Somers (and Charlie's Angels), I had a lot of pleasant dreams when it was time for bed, hehe  Wink   The 70's what a great time!

Tam-Riel na nou Sancremath.
Dawn's Beauty is our shining home.

An varlais, nou bala, an kynd, nou latta.
The stars are our power, the sky is our light.

Malatu na nou karan.
Truth is our armor.

Malatu na bala
Truth is power.

Heca, Pellani! Agabaiyane Ehlnadaya!
Be gone, outsiders! I do not fear your mortal gods!

Auri-El na nou ata, ye A, Umaril, an Aran!
Aure-El is our father, and I, Umaril, the king!
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964

« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2010, 05:21:11 PM »

I watched this show (and THE SIX MILLION DOLLAR MAN) regularly during their original TV broadcasts.  My father always made fun of the BIONIC WOMAN because it seemed like she always ended up fighting the bad guys inside a factory or warehouse with big pipes running along the ceiling.  I guess it saved money on building sets if they kept using the same one with minor alterations.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2010, 03:17:00 PM by The Burgomaster » Logged

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
Umaril The Unfeathered

Pelinal na vasha, racuvar! Sa yando tyavoy nagaia!

« Reply #9 on: November 08, 2010, 09:48:19 PM »

I watched this show (and THE SIX MILLION DOLLAR MAN) regularly during their original TV broadcasts.  My father always made fun of the BIONIC WOMAN because it seemed like she always ended up fighting the bad guys inside a factory or warehouse with big pipes running along the ceiling.  I guess it saved money on buidling sets if they kept using the same one with minor alterations.

Reminds me of how Iriwn allen kept costs down:

The spinning light fusion core for the Jupiter 2 on Lost In Space would up as part of the reactor in Batman's Bat-Cave in the 1966 series. 

Several computer banks and switchboard lights from Voyage To The Bottom Of The Sea wound up as computer wallpaper in the resident alien cave on Lost In Space.

The list goes on but it would take forever, and those of you familiar with these shows can see what I mean.  These shows were fun anyhow  BounceGiggle

Tam-Riel na nou Sancremath.
Dawn's Beauty is our shining home.

An varlais, nou bala, an kynd, nou latta.
The stars are our power, the sky is our light.

Malatu na nou karan.
Truth is our armor.

Malatu na bala
Truth is power.

Heca, Pellani! Agabaiyane Ehlnadaya!
Be gone, outsiders! I do not fear your mortal gods!

Auri-El na nou ata, ye A, Umaril, an Aran!
Aure-El is our father, and I, Umaril, the king!
zombie no.one

Oookaay...

« Reply #10 on: November 08, 2010, 09:54:46 PM »

behold the most unrealistic special FX of a UFO ever:

Small | Large

this is a clip from series 3 which like I said wasn't up to the standard of the first 2 by a long way

lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #11 on: November 09, 2010, 11:32:04 AM »

that is weak. Did you ever see the Dukes of Hazzard with the alien?
zombie no.one

Oookaay...

« Reply #12 on: November 09, 2010, 02:52:41 PM »

I didn't...cant imagine dukes of hazard with aliens tbh. was that their 'jumping the shark' moment?  Smile

lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #13 on: November 10, 2010, 11:02:18 AM »

ahhh...yeah

Small | Large
JPickettIII
A BAD MOVIE IS A TERRIBLE THING TO WASTE!
Bad Movie Lover

HELP! WE ARE STUCK IN A GOOD MOVIE!!!

« Reply #14 on: November 30, 2010, 05:11:49 PM »

WTF????  Question Question

I loved this show even when they replaced Bo and Luke what Vance and Coy.  I have never seen this episode.  Where the writers drunk???  This is about as bad as adding a cute (or supposed to be cute) new family member by them showing up and the stars adopt them.  (Ie, Different Stroke, Married with Children and the Facts of Life).  WOW.

Later,

John

\\\\\\\"Freedom is not free\"\\\\\\ or ///\"Where ever you go, there you are!\"///
Pages: [1] 2
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Television  |  The Bionic Woman (original series) « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.