Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 12:25:52 PM
713351 Posts in 53056 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  PAYPAL: the World's most LOVED way to pay and get paid... « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: PAYPAL: the World's most LOVED way to pay and get paid...  (Read 4048 times)
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« on: November 05, 2010, 08:37:18 PM »

PAYPAL: the World's most LOVED way to pay and get paid...  Question 
Yes, I use PayPal. 
It is convenient, but I don't like having to pay to get paid.  Tonight, while looking at my own account, that message was imparted to me, y'know, that "PayPal is the most LOVED way to pay and get paid in the WORLD!!"   TeddyR  Lookingup  Hatred  Thumbdown 

Do you love it?

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
Doggett
Bustin' makes me feel good !
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I've seen things you people couldn't imagine...

« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2010, 08:43:02 PM »

I use it on eBay to buy stuff. I like it, it's quick and easy.
But I've never recieved money through it. So I'm guessing there is some sort of charge if you want to recieve money that has been delivered to you?
« Last Edit: November 05, 2010, 08:45:46 PM by Doggett » Logged

If God exists, why did he make me an atheist? Thats His first mistake.
vanlutz
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2010, 10:47:27 PM »

it is easy, and they do charge a percentage if you are sent money. It's not a lot. But, if someone sends you a check, you get the full amount.

When I sell on ebay, I put in a stipulation that if they pay by paypal there's an additional charge.
Doggett

« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2010, 05:23:15 AM »

When I sell on ebay, I put in a stipulation that if they pay by paypal there's an additional charge.

Buggedout

Hang on, I didn't know that ???
Is this a recent thing ? What is the charge ? Is it a percentage or a fixed amount ?

Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2010, 05:57:27 AM »

I quit using Ebay a long time ago, so I haven't used Paypal in in a long time either.  I guess my only complaint is that I'd get quite a few phishing emails, so when Paypal actually wanted me to change my password or update my security, I just ignored their emails and now my account is no longer active. 

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
Mr. DS
Master Of Cinematic Bowel Movements
B-Movie Kraken

Get this thread cleaned up or YOU'RE FIRED!!!

« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2010, 08:37:20 AM »

Yeah paying to get paid kinda of sucks.  It should read, "Paypal, the World's main to use credit cards for purchases and payments but you never get/give 100%..."  Gotta love third parties. 

DarkSider's Realm
http://darksidersrealm.blogspot.com/

"You think the honey badger cares?  It doesn't give a sh*t."  Randall
vanlutz
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2010, 12:09:15 PM »

Buggedout

Is this a recent thing ? What is the charge ? Is it a percentage or a fixed amount ?

For $12 payment to me they take 65 cents. For $53 they take $1.84. Is that basically a penny from each dollar?

On ebay, I ask for an extra charge to buy from me. I'd rather they send me a check then use paypal.
Doggett

« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2010, 12:14:39 PM »

Buggedout

For $12 payment to me they take 65 cents. For $53 they take $1.84. Is that basically a penny from each dollar?

On ebay, I ask for an extra charge to buy from me. I'd rather they send me a check then use paypal.

Where did you find that info ?
I'm on the site right now and can't see any info on the charges...

The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964

« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2010, 04:10:07 PM »

I have used it to collect money from eBay sales, as well as to send money for eBay (and other) purchases.  I wouldn't go so far as to say I love it, but it's convenient and I've never had a problem using it.

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2010, 12:15:56 AM »

:buggedout:Hang on, I didn't know that ???
What are you all worked up about, Kitten?   Wink  Lookingup  If you pay thru PayPal, you aren't charged any additional fee.  However, if you receive payment through PayPal, you are charged a fee which I think depends upon the amount transferred. The fees are not exorbitant unless coupled with the requirement to accept their payment option, plus "final value fees", plus currently suspended "listing fees", and the constant manipulation of their website.  I have received payment through PayPal for years but do not care for paying significant fees to receive overseas cash, auction payment, etc. and have it be required.  All that's okay, but don't solicit my "love"!!  Hatred

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
vanlutz
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #10 on: November 07, 2010, 12:20:10 AM »

I went into my paypal account and took those figures. It is listed somewhere on the site. But, it's hard to find. They want you to use it, and not get immediately put off.
Doggett

« Reply #11 on: November 07, 2010, 03:17:15 PM »

:buggedout:Hang on, I didn't know that ???
What are you all worked up about, Kitten?   Wink  Lookingup  If you pay thru PayPal, you aren't charged any additional fee.  However, if you receive payment through PayPal, you are charged a fee which I think depends upon the amount transferred. The fees are not exorbitant unless coupled with the requirement to accept their payment option, plus "final value fees", plus currently suspended "listing fees", and the constant manipulation of their website.  I have received payment through PayPal for years but do not care for paying significant fees to receive overseas cash, auction payment, etc. and have it be required.  All that's okay, but don't solicit my "love"!!  Hatred

Ah, its only if you recieve money.

Thank you, cupcake.  TeddyR

vanlutz
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #12 on: November 07, 2010, 03:46:09 PM »

Oh! Yeah. They only charge for money received, not money sent. If they charged me to send money, I would never use it.
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964

« Reply #13 on: November 07, 2010, 06:12:34 PM »

And I'm pretty sure this is completely against eBay's rules and they could suspend or close your account.  Beware!  In fact, I thought eBay changed its rules so that check and money order payments were no longer allowed and you pretty much either needed to use PayPal or credit cards.  I got messages on all my auction listings when they changed the rules saying some of the payment types I was accepting (e.g. checks and money orders) were no longer allowed and my listings would be canceled if I did not revise them.  After that, I only accepted PayPal because I do not have any credit card accounts set up to accept payments.

« Last Edit: November 07, 2010, 06:15:15 PM by The Burgomaster » Logged

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  PAYPAL: the World's most LOVED way to pay and get paid... « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.