Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 09:50:32 AM
713335 Posts in 53056 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  What Was That Film?  |  Solved  |  When woman, brings back her dead son « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: When woman, brings back her dead son  (Read 5490 times)
muster
New Visitor

« on: November 06, 2010, 03:23:40 AM »

What was this film. I watched this many many years ago with my Dad. A womans son drowned and so she used witch craft to bring him back from the sea. but is this her real son owe starts to terrorise her.

Please help me to name the film

Many Thanks
akiratubo
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2010, 12:48:04 PM »

That's a segment from Trilogy of Terror 2.

Kneel before Dr. Hell, the ruler of this world!
TDA
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2010, 12:23:00 PM »

That is the "Bobby" segment of DEAD OF NIGHT.
Umaril The Unfeathered

Pelinal na vasha, racuvar! Sa yando tyavoy nagaia!

« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2010, 12:41:11 PM »

Fr a minute I was thinking of the old EC comics story "The Monkey's Paw" from the old Vault Of Horror magazine.

In that story, a woman has 3 wishes from a coin and one is to revive her dead son, who, due to her improper wording of the wish, brings him back in his mutilated state (he burned to death in a fire).

In the final segment of the 1970's Tales From The Crypt movie, the story is remade in a gruesome story that makes for some somewhat grim viewing. It also mentions the Monkey's Paw incident as well, as a nod to the old EC comics.

Tam-Riel na nou Sancremath.
Dawn's Beauty is our shining home.

An varlais, nou bala, an kynd, nou latta.
The stars are our power, the sky is our light.

Malatu na nou karan.
Truth is our armor.

Malatu na bala
Truth is power.

Heca, Pellani! Agabaiyane Ehlnadaya!
Be gone, outsiders! I do not fear your mortal gods!

Auri-El na nou ata, ye A, Umaril, an Aran!
Aure-El is our father, and I, Umaril, the king!
Newt
Mostly Harmless. Mostly.

I want to be Ripley when I grow up.

« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2010, 01:32:51 PM »

Fr a minute I was thinking of the old EC comics story "The Monkey's Paw" from the old Vault Of Horror magazine.

In that story, a woman has 3 wishes from a coin and one is to revive her dead son, who, due to her improper wording of the wish, brings him back in his mutilated state (he burned to death in a fire).

In the final segment of the 1970's Tales From The Crypt movie, the story is remade in a gruesome story that makes for some somewhat grim viewing. It also mentions the Monkey's Paw incident as well, as a nod to the old EC comics.

Me too.

It's even older than that: the original "The Monkey's Paw" is a horror short story by author W. W. Jacobs. It was published in England in 1902.

"May I offer you a Peek Frean?" - Walter Bishop
"Thank you for appreciating my descent into deviant behavior, Mr. Reese." - Harold Finch
Umaril The Unfeathered

Pelinal na vasha, racuvar! Sa yando tyavoy nagaia!

« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2010, 03:11:10 PM »

For a minute I was thinking of the old EC comics story "The Monkey's Paw" from the old Vault Of Horror magazine.

Me too.

It's even older than that: the original "The Monkey's Paw" is a horror short story by author W. W. Jacobs. It was published in England in 1902.

That old, huh? Wow, that makes it 108 years old as of 2010. Dosen't seem that long ago in the scheme of things, but a whole century is no drop in a bucket, either.

Tam-Riel na nou Sancremath.
Dawn's Beauty is our shining home.

An varlais, nou bala, an kynd, nou latta.
The stars are our power, the sky is our light.

Malatu na nou karan.
Truth is our armor.

Malatu na bala
Truth is power.

Heca, Pellani! Agabaiyane Ehlnadaya!
Be gone, outsiders! I do not fear your mortal gods!

Auri-El na nou ata, ye A, Umaril, an Aran!
Aure-El is our father, and I, Umaril, the king!
Doc Daneeka
The Game is Finished?

It's neVer over!

« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2010, 10:08:36 AM »

I'm guessing either Akiratubo or TDA are right: Those stories were written by the same guy (I believe) and were pretty much identical

https://www.youtube.com/user/silverspherechannel
For the latest on the fifth installment in Don Coscarelli's Phantasm saga.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  What Was That Film?  |  Solved  |  When woman, brings back her dead son « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.