Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 20, 2024, 12:21:09 AM
714253 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7736 Members
Latest Member: ShayneGree
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Names... Names... Names... (I need some help) « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Names... Names... Names... (I need some help)  (Read 1785 times)
Skull
« on: November 10, 2010, 02:15:42 AM »

I need some help with girl names but before you start brainstorming please let me explain first.

I've been having several problems with my next story becasue the direction I'm going is quite darker then I really wanted, so I'm going to shelf my christmas tree serial killer idea for the moment. I believe my original intention as writing it as a movie script was a better idea and the direction I need to focus ~ so I need to clear my mind and start something different. Something fun... Something silly... Something like:

Zombies vs Bikini girls...

Very recently I was watching a slasher/mystery (lol ~ really) called Bikini Island (1991) its quite bad and fun; the story of woman dressed in swimsuits in a photo shoot as a serial killer used such weapons as a toilet plunger and then would leave a note telling the others that such and such decided to leave the island... Anyway during the late 80's rock-n-roll and the photo shoots I was daydreaming of zombies comming from the waters and attacking the bikini girls...

Another daydream was a great white shark snatching one of the girls inside the waters and old/harden Dolph Lundgren jumps into the waters and squeezes the shark and the girl flies out of its mouth. Ok, this daydream was based upon a story my wife told me earlier and I just cannot get the picture of Dolph Lundgren squeezing the shark out of my head.

I've also did some more daydreaming and decided to test my silly idea out on a story; I talk more about it later.

My story idea:

"BIG TROUBLE in Booty Island"

Plot: A bunch of sexy models on a photo shoot in Booty Island encounters a Lich, Zombies and other monsters.

I'm at the brainstorming phase of this idea and I need help with fun and cleaver names for sexy models.

Thanks for your help...

dean
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2010, 02:47:24 AM »

For a movie/story like this I like names that reflect things about the characters, so if they're models names like "Candy" or similar would go well.  It would be funny to have a character's name have something to do with the way they die in at least one instance.  Kind of like if you have a jock character called 'Axe' and he gets killed by an axe etc.

Give the girls a theme?  All of them have the same name/same variation: Mary-Anne, Mary-Lee, Mary-ruth or something similar?  For a zombie bikini killer movie there are no limits!  Stripper names are always good.  Something you can build one liners about, like 'It's Destiny' meaning the character, and also the fact that they're all going to die.

------------The password will be: Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch
El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2010, 07:37:27 AM »

Zombies vs Bikini girls...

"BIG TROUBLE in Booty Island"

Plot: A bunch of sexy models on a photo shoot in Booty Island encounters a Lich, Zombies and other monsters.

Sir, that name makes me want to go out and buy the first one! Thumbup

names, though, are we talking about the 1950's or today? Question

yeah no.
Newt
Mostly Harmless. Mostly.

I want to be Ripley when I grow up.

« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2010, 08:25:02 AM »

I need help with fun and cleaver names for sexy models.

Good idea.   Wink

"May I offer you a Peek Frean?" - Walter Bishop
"Thank you for appreciating my descent into deviant behavior, Mr. Reese." - Harold Finch
Doggett
Bustin' makes me feel good !

I've seen things you people couldn't imagine...

« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2010, 10:18:03 AM »

Silly names for sexy models who get the chop...

Die-anna.

Hmmm....
This isn't the comedy gold mine I was hoping for. I'll try again later.

If God exists, why did he make me an atheist? Thats His first mistake.
Hammock Rider

« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2010, 10:33:17 AM »

Give them all names from Disney movies like Bambi, Thumper, Auora, Jasmine, Dumbo, Sneezy etc.

Jumping Kings and Making Haste Ain't my Cup of Meat
ulthar

I AM serious, and stop calling me Shirley

« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2010, 11:19:49 AM »

Give the girls a theme?  All of them have the same name/same variation: Mary-Anne, Mary-Lee, Mary-ruth or something similar? 

They did something like that (to good effect for such a silly movie, in my opinion) in PANDEMONIUM.  There, it was Mandy, Candy, Randy, Sandy, Andy, etc.  And character had an oddball name...Glenn.   TeddyR

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Professor Hathaway:  I noticed you stopped stuttering.
Bodie:      I've been giving myself shock treatments.
Professor Hathaway: Up the voltage.

--Real Genius
Skull
« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2010, 01:24:30 PM »

wow, thanks for some of the suggestions.

names, though, are we talking about the 1950's or today?

Sorry, I'm not sure about the meaning here? I'm not actually sure about the story date or the actual number of girls in the story.

Doggett ~ Yes, I'm hoping for a horror comedy story... at least something fun...

So Die-anna would work for me...  Smile
Flick James

Honorary Bastard of Arts

« Reply #8 on: November 10, 2010, 01:33:55 PM »

Well, if the story is set in present-day, you want names, or funny variations of names, that are relevant to the age of the characters, that is, based on the types of names that are popular for the age group. So, if it's set in the present-day, then the models are likely to be in their early 20's, let's say average age of 23. Lookup the popular baby names for girls from 1988 on Google and that will give you the relevant popular girls names. That should serve as some general inspiration. If any jump out at you, then use it, or make a variation of that name that makes it funnier or sillier.

Just an idea.

I don't always talk about bad movies, but when I do, I prefer badmovies.org
El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« Reply #9 on: November 10, 2010, 04:16:37 PM »

Sorry, I'm not sure about the meaning here? I'm not actually sure about the story date or the actual number of girls in the story.

what I'm saying is this like a 1950's B-Movie horror type theme or is it like a modern theme?

yeah no.
Skull
« Reply #10 on: November 10, 2010, 05:38:50 PM »

what I'm saying is this like a 1950's B-Movie horror type theme or is it like a modern theme?

Hmmmmmm... maybe 1950's - 1960's isnt such a bad idea... :)

Skull
« Reply #11 on: November 11, 2010, 10:54:36 PM »

Many thanks for your suggestions... But I think I'd figure out a cleaver name package for the bikini models...

There names are:

Sayyida Al-Hurra
Maria Lindsey
Charlotte Badger
Ingela Gathenhielm
Grace O'Malley
Flora Burn
Loi Chai-San
Rachel Well
Jacquotte Delahaye
Anne Bonny

These names work for me because they sound like typical fashion models names but they are actually female pirate names...  It makes killing them off a little easier... Buggedout

El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« Reply #12 on: November 12, 2010, 08:33:40 AM »

Sydney Milliner!

yeah no.
Skull
« Reply #13 on: November 17, 2010, 09:48:18 PM »

Sydney Milliner!

Thanks for the suggestion... the pirate woman names are working for me... but I may use Sydney for another story.

I'm working on some photogaphers for my story... Klaus Kinski, Paul Naschy and Tony Todd although I dont want to use their actual names but I want such fans to identify them... any suggestions would be great... :)

PS... after watching 2 years of Klaus Kinski and Paul Naschy movies I just have a compelling need to put them into a story together.

PSS... I also have other's in mind as well such as Dyanne Thorne and Lucio Fulci
« Last Edit: November 17, 2010, 09:54:25 PM by Skull » Logged
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Names... Names... Names... (I need some help) « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.