Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 09:02:10 AM
714234 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7736 Members
Latest Member: ShayneGree
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Behold Uwe Boll's next BIG classic....Blubberella « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Behold Uwe Boll's next BIG classic....Blubberella  (Read 6408 times)
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #15 on: November 12, 2010, 05:13:48 AM »

Seriously, can anyone genuinely defend Uwe Boll's work? Did he make anything worth watching?

I will defend Uncle Uwe because of the film he made in South Africa entitled Darfur aka Attack On Darfur ~ I was in tears throughout most of it. It is an emotionally devastating film with horrific acts of violence and ghastly deaths ~ all based on fact ~ but despite all the horror, there is some hope at the end of the film, a tiny, heart-rending sound of life in the midst of so much death and horror.

At the end of the film, I burst into tears and the silence at the end of the premiere screening was deafening: no coughing, no talking, no clapping. The producer Chris Roland introduced himself to us and said "I'm sorry if you thought that you were coming here to be entertained: Uwe and myself didn't set out to entertain anyone."  Buggedout

After seeing Darfur, I think Blubberella might be about me seeing as how I cried so damn much throughout it.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2010, 05:21:56 AM by Trevor » Logged

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
Skull
« Reply #16 on: November 12, 2010, 08:17:42 AM »

Something was wrong with my video player... I though I saw a fat lady trying to be funny while killing germans...
Flangepart
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #17 on: November 12, 2010, 11:10:02 AM »

Yeah, I'm supposed to be taking a break, but I couldn't resist posting this,  check out the trailer

http://www.beyondhollywood.com/cause-you-demanded-it-trailer-for-uwe-bolls-blubberella/

Buggedout Yeah...brain cramp...definitly brain cramp...

"Aggressivlly eccentric, and proud of it!"
Starsky
Bad Movie Lover

you play a good game, boy!

« Reply #18 on: November 13, 2010, 09:42:53 AM »

Can't wait for the DVD, this and Bloodrayne 3 looks so damn awesome. Just ordered Darfur on DVD, anyone else own a Boll DVD collection? :D
WingedSerpent

I AM THE BAD PHOTOSHOP EFFECT!

« Reply #19 on: November 14, 2010, 11:59:14 AM »

While I haven't seen it yet, I think this has the potential to be a funny parody of action films.  It already looks funnier then Epic Movie, Disaster Movie, Meet the Spartans and the rest of those supposed "comedies".

At least, that's what Gary Busey told me...
Chainsawmidget
« Reply #20 on: November 14, 2010, 11:41:54 PM »

It already looks funnier then Epic Movie, Disaster Movie, Meet the Spartans and the rest of those supposed "comedies".
Schindler's List was funnier than those movies. 
Newt
Mostly Harmless. Mostly.

I want to be Ripley when I grow up.

« Reply #21 on: November 15, 2010, 08:35:12 AM »

It's so funny I almost Uwe's extremely clever and made it that way on purpose.
I have thought the same thing about In the Name of the King.  There is a lightness of touch and subtle humour there that may be at odds with the film's roots in a video game.  I think Uwe has potential and should broaden his field a bit.  I just hope he continues to get opportunities to do so.

"May I offer you a Peek Frean?" - Walter Bishop
"Thank you for appreciating my descent into deviant behavior, Mr. Reese." - Harold Finch
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #22 on: November 15, 2010, 08:51:32 AM »

I think Uwe has potential and should broaden his field a bit.  I just hope he continues to get opportunities to do so.

I would recommend that you see Darfur, Newt (keep the tissues handy, though: I needed them and didn't have any, so I had to use my sleeve instead  Buggedout) and you'll see the work of a multi-talented filmmaker most of whose past movies will be forgotten very quickly after seeing this. The music by Jessica DeRooij prepares you for something bad to happen and when it is does, you're totally unprepared.

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
ArmyOfMachines25
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #23 on: November 19, 2010, 10:10:41 AM »

Did he make anything worth watching?

No

i dont kno i heard his movie rampage was actualy... whatchable, i dont kno though i havent seen it yet, so for now to my knowledge everything he's made is crap
Starsky
Bad Movie Lover

you play a good game, boy!

« Reply #24 on: November 19, 2010, 08:26:20 PM »

I think Uwe has potential and should broaden his field a bit.  I just hope he continues to get opportunities to do so.

I would recommend that you see Darfur, Newt (keep the tissues handy, though: I needed them and didn't have any, so I had to use my sleeve instead  Buggedout) and you'll see the work of a multi-talented filmmaker most of whose past movies will be forgotten very quickly after seeing this. The music by Jessica DeRooij prepares you for something bad to happen and when it is does, you're totally unprepared.

I've seen that now. You were quite right, damn good movie. Really looking forward to Bloodrayne 3 :o)
Jim H

« Reply #25 on: November 20, 2010, 03:44:20 AM »

Rampage was solid, generally quite well made.  Not perfect, but I'd never have guessed it was from the same man as Alone in the Dark or Bloodrayne.  On that note, I did find Bloodrayne entertaining.  It's terrible, but enjoyable.  Alone in the Dark is just terrible.

I also hear Tunnel Rats is genuinely good, but I haven't seen it.
Saucerman
Opinionated Blowhard Par Excellence
B-Movie Site Webmaster

Hypnotic, ain't it?

« Reply #26 on: November 21, 2010, 03:26:00 PM »

There's a discussion of BLUBBERELLA going on on a "fat women and the men who love them" forum I'm active on.  It's interesting seeing the film debated from a B-movie perspective and a body-image perspective. 

Trekkie313
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #27 on: April 02, 2011, 08:41:08 PM »

There's a discussion of BLUBBERELLA going on on a "fat women and the men who love them" forum I'm active on.  It's interesting seeing the film debated from a B-movie perspective and a body-image perspective. 
Really?
JaseSF
Super Space Age Freaky Geek
B-Movie Kraken

Soon, your brain will turn to jelly.

« Reply #28 on: April 04, 2011, 09:37:36 PM »

As I understand it, this was shot at the same time as BloodRayne 3 and on the same sets  and is supposed to be a parody of sorts of those films...

"This above all: To thine own self be true!"
Olivia Bauer

« Reply #29 on: April 05, 2011, 08:01:31 AM »

You know Boll is said to play Hitler in that film? That man has problems.

Pages: 1 [2]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Behold Uwe Boll's next BIG classic....Blubberella « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.