Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 12:57:29 PM
713351 Posts in 53056 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Entertainment  |  Kate Miller-Heidke « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Kate Miller-Heidke  (Read 2530 times)
vanlutz
Bad Movie Lover

« on: November 10, 2010, 11:56:25 PM »

I went to see her tonight open for Steven Page of Barenaked Ladies. He sucked, she was EXCELLENT. Just her and a guitarist.

I got a great autograph. She wrote Dear George, Go f**k yourself with an echidna.

I had to ask what an echidna was.

Here's a few of her videos.

GIDarYJHCpA

kPIWi3H2Y1A
BTM
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2010, 07:10:06 AM »

Wow, she's got a beautiful voice.  There's quite a duality going through in those two videos, and her "friendly" signature line to you was kind of.. interesting.  

Sure it was all in good fun, though, right?

Still, cool that you got to meet her!  Take any pics?
« Last Edit: November 11, 2010, 06:04:11 PM by BTM » Logged

"Some people mature, some just get older." -Andrew Vachss
dean
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2010, 08:37:45 AM »

Ah the local gal!  She's a fairly popular, though not completely mainstream singer her in Australia.

Saw her here when she toured her first album a couple of years ago which was great fun.  Has a great voice, and trained as an opera singer so has some really odd moments here and there, though she didn't do it so much in the second album [which I believe the Caught in the crowd song was from]  A bit of an oddball [as you can tell from the autograph]

She does a funny cover of a famous Australian anthem, The Voice, by John Farnham, which is guaranteed to get a laugh here but probably not anywhere else.

Incidentally Caught in the crowd won some international song award which was pretty huge for her methinks.

This was the first single that got her on the radar of folks here and gives you an idea of her vocal range.

Small | Large

And these are two of my favourites off the first album.

Small | Large

Small | Large

------------The password will be: Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch
vanlutz
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2010, 05:30:13 PM »

Oh yeah, I forgot to say (I have quite a few) I ask for nasty rude autographs. The first person to do it was Angela Bettis who signed a  May poster with a huge f**k YOU George Snow followed by a (tee hee). At a Chiller Theatre convention she gave me her badge and signed "George RULES and sucks".

One of my favorites is Taryn Manning who is an actress/singer, she wrote "You have a huge cock". After reading it I said "You have obviously never seen me naked".

Those are some cool videos.

Kate was adorable, sweet and funny. I didn't take any photos, I didn't have a camera.

Unfortunately, Page of Barenaked Ladies didn't draw, so there wasn't even 100 people in the place (honestly probably a lot less), But, after a few songs, everyone in the place drew close to the stage to see her. She was excellent. It was just her and a guitarist. She wowed everyone.

I'm going to Delaware tomorrow night to see her. She's headlining, which means a longer set. As I was walking out on Page's set, I whispered to her "You're so much better then this". She laughed.

vanlutz
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2010, 12:54:02 AM »

She was excellent again, and I'm going to smack my friend in the head.  I got her permission to record the show. But, my friend did not get me the camera in time to take it with me. I was in the front row with a perfect view. This woman has some talent.

On two funny notes: I got to see a high speed car chase as I passed from PA to NJ. A car was doing at least a 100mph zig-zagging through the light traffic with 3 cops behind him, a helicopter overhead. It was something. I was hoping to see the car wreck, but didn't.

Then I hit a DWI check point, and I couldn't remember HEIDKE, and sounded like a fool as the cop was talking to me. So, I was removed from the car, and forced to do a sobriety test. I passed.

Great music, interesting night.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Entertainment  |  Kate Miller-Heidke « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.