Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 08:48:25 AM
713331 Posts in 53056 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Charlie's Angels « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Charlie's Angels  (Read 3572 times)
Mofo Rising
« on: March 29, 2001, 05:04:02 AM »

Definitely a "B-Movie".  I thought it was one of the most enjoyable films to come out last year, but then again, I'm easily amused.

You could easily point out all the flaws of this film.  There was no plot.  There were laughably thin characters.  The film caters to all the worst movie-watching instincts of the American public.  You could notice that the whole movie takes it cues from the hooks of popular music from the last two decades, effectively making it an extended music video.  And if you even think that any of the events portrayed in the film are even remotely plausible, you truly are a lost soul.

Still, I thought it was great.

This film is a crowd-pleaser, and really nothing else.  Like the extended music video, it's just there to entertain a crowd of rowdy movie-goers for an hour and forty-five minutes, and I think it succeeded admirably.  You're not going to appreciate the movie if you watch it by yourself, as you truly need the rhythym of a crowd to accompany it.

I personally liked the absolutely ridiculous action scenes.  I really appreciated the nonstop cheesecake provided by the title characters.  I thought Bill Murray was hilarious, and I appreciated the fact that they got legendary weirdo Crispin Glover to play one of the bad guys.

I think what's key is that the film at no point stops to take itself even remotely seriously.  Granted, this approach can fail miserably if not done right, but I enjoyed every minute of the film.

I know some of you are going to disagree, vehemently disagree, but I'm still curious as to your opinions of the film.
Thema
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2001, 06:20:42 AM »

I knew I would not like it the first time I saw a poster of it, but I never could have known it would suck so much. I hated it! I think it won my "worst movie of the year" (and it was a very bad year) price easy.
PS. Did I say I hated the movie
Reed Rothchild
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2001, 01:42:46 PM »

I strongly disagree.I thoroughly enjoyed every ridiculous moment of it.Sure,the fight scenes ripped off The Matrix.Sure, the plot had holes you could drive a bus through.Sure,the characters were paper thin-but I just thought it was FUN.Can't wait to see it again on video.Oh,and where else can you see Drew Barrymore with her cleavage hanging out licking a steering wheel?Well,y'know, if you like that sorta thing.....
Dr. Freex
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2001, 04:53:29 PM »

You know, usually having a movie offered up as "empty-headed entertainment" makes me cringe - too many people have made excuses for absolute, unforgivable pieces of crap on that ground.  I think "empty-headed entertainment", like any other genre, is very hard to get right.  But I think Charlie's Angels got it right.

It's likely because there's an infectious feeling of fun throughout the whole thing; or it could be the fact that there are three good looking women on screen performing the antics (I, too, can be bribed).  Or maybe it's because there weren't any fart jokes (that I can recall, anyway).  Or maybe it's because I fell in love with Cameron Diaz all over again (how could you not?).

Bad?  yeah.  Stupid?  Of course.  Enjoyable?  Immensely.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Charlie's Angels « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.