Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 08:59:28 AM
713403 Posts in 53060 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Press Releases and Film News  |  Glenn Beck draws criticism over latest Holocaust comments « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Glenn Beck draws criticism over latest Holocaust comments  (Read 3525 times)
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« on: November 12, 2010, 06:48:03 PM »

Glenn Beck draws criticism over latest Holocaust comments 
Glenn Beck has railed many times against George Soros, a Hungarian-American financier and liberal philanthropist whom the conservative host dubs the "progressive puppet master."

But Beck ramped up his criticism this week on Fox News and his radio show, making comments about how Soros survived in Nazi-occupied Hungary that have provoked denunciations from Jewish organizations.

Beck said on the radio Wednesday that Soros—as a 13-year-old Jewish boy, living apart from his parents in order to avoid apprehension by the Nazis—"used to go around with this anti-Semite and deliver papers to the Jews and confiscate their property and then ship them off. … It was frightening. Here's a Jewish boy helping send the Jews to the death camps."

Abraham H. Foxman, national director of the Anti-Defamation League and a Holocaust survivor, called Beck's comments "completely inappropriate, offensive and over the top..."

http://news.yahoo.com/s/yblog_upshot/20101112/bs_yblog_upshot/glenn-beck-draws-criticism-over-latest-holocaust-comments

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2010, 12:05:01 AM »

I guess that depends on one essential matter - are his comments true and
accurate, or not?

Soros scares me a lot worse than Beck does, quite frankly.  He seems to
believe the best thing for the whole world would be for the U.S. to become
a bankrupt, third-rate power.

What's sad is we tend to be trending that way without his help.

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
Jim H
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2010, 03:59:04 AM »

Beck says he was not passing judgement on his actions.  Uh-huh.  That's what he always does.  Inserts a blunt crude insinuation, then claim "oh, I'm not insinuating anything!  I'm not passing judgement!".  If it happened once in a great while, it'd be one thing, but he does it CONSANTLY. 

I mean, if you walked up to a random stranger and called them a huge jerk, and then said, "Well, that's what everyone is saying about you.  But is it true?" it'd be obvious what you were doing.  Beck does about the same over and over.  I don't know how anyone can take him seriously on anything.
Umaril The Unfeathered

Pelinal na vasha, racuvar! Sa yando tyavoy nagaia!

« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2010, 02:03:14 PM »

I guess that depends on one essential matter - are his comments true and
accurate, or not?

Soros scares me a lot worse than Beck does, quite frankly.  He seems to
believe the best thing for the whole world would be for the U.S. to become
a bankrupt, third-rate power.

What's sad is we tend to be trending that way without his help.

Soros is a serious power in the financial world...he's been railing to destroy America with assimilation, (economically and morally) and he virtually singlehandedly destroyed the British Sterling and made a few million or billion doing so.  If people think he can't touch America, they'd better think again.

His little bi*th, Rebecca Peters, is also heading the effort to bind America to a global treaty that would criminalize private gun ownership. The UN General Conference in 2005 tried (and failed) and there was some talk about it coming up again at the 2010  UNGC, altho financial matter were the biggest subject.

NOT. GOOD.

Tam-Riel na nou Sancremath.
Dawn's Beauty is our shining home.

An varlais, nou bala, an kynd, nou latta.
The stars are our power, the sky is our light.

Malatu na nou karan.
Truth is our armor.

Malatu na bala
Truth is power.

Heca, Pellani! Agabaiyane Ehlnadaya!
Be gone, outsiders! I do not fear your mortal gods!

Auri-El na nou ata, ye A, Umaril, an Aran!
Aure-El is our father, and I, Umaril, the king!
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2010, 05:37:52 PM »

Glen Beck, George Soros and Abe Foxman = all really lovely people
Umaril The Unfeathered

« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2010, 06:32:20 PM »

A European friend of mine at Youtube said that a united Europe under one group or person would be the "wet dream of many a mastermind."  It's not as if it hasn't been tried before (twice in one century to be exact).   According to him, Soros is not well-liked by many over there.

Allegedly he's had 2 felony counts against him for illegal campaign contributions in Europe and he got off of them. That figures, given the money HE has..this guy could give 200 m in interest to his fave Marxist organization and not even break a financial sweat.

Malatu na nou karan.
Truth is our armor.

Malatu na bala
Truth is power.

Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2010, 10:06:31 PM »

A European friend of mine at Youtube said that a united Europe under one group or person would be the "wet dream of many a mastermind."  It's not as if it hasn't been tried before (twice in one century to be exact).   According to him, Soros is not well-liked by many over there.
Allegedly he's had 2 felony counts against him for illegal campaign contributions in Europe and he got off of them. That figures, given the money HE has..this guy could give 200 m in interest to his fave Marxist organization and not even break a financial sweat.
What are y' talking about "Marxist organization..."??   Question  
You just need a label?  The Marxists were interested in liberating the people.  Mr Multi-Billionaire ain't no Marxist. 
Nobody's interested in that anymore, it's just quaint.  
Man you sound like the BECK itself.

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
Umaril The Unfeathered

« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2010, 12:30:10 PM »

A European friend of mine at Youtube said that a united Europe under one group or person would be the "wet dream of many a mastermind."  It's not as if it hasn't been tried before (twice in one century to be exact).   According to him, Soros is not well-liked by many over there.
What are y' talking about "Marxist organization..."??   Question  
You just need a label?  The Marxists were interested in liberating the people.  Mr Multi-Billionaire ain't no Marxist.  
Nobody's interested in that anymore, it's just quaint.  
Man you sound like the BECK itself.

Soros IS Marxist in his own way. He wants to bring America down to the level of the Third World, and use the notions of "liberation" and "equality" as the "reward" for a globalized society.

This is what Lenin and Marx did to the Soviet Union, and we've all seen where that went..indeed, the people had all the freedom and equality they wanted. Putin is a great guy...

Don't think that Soros and friends haven't learned from the old party's mistake of spurning capitalism.  The destruction of your opponent's currency thru destruction or assimilation is the new way to go.

If Soros finds a way to pressurize America to can the Dollar and adopt the Euro, that's it.
We could be forced to abandon our Constitution, our laws and customs, as a condition of our long-term prosperity. And as punishment for refusing the mandates of the EU and World Bank? Penalties, fines, and investors pulling out from under us and flattening us. We would be at their mercy. We would be on their leash..

I never said any of this would happen, I'm just saying it could and to consider the possibilities. Economic destruction weighs more than military.

Malatu na nou karan.
Truth is our armor.

Malatu na bala
Truth is power.

Umaril The Unfeathered

« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2010, 04:27:30 PM »

I'll just say this, and then no more. At one point or another, Beck (like anyone) has to be right about something. O'Reilly, Olbermann, Matthews, whoever, at one point they hit paydirt.   

Their shows aren't meant to substitute the truth with the host's own realities, but to present their own points of view,  and get people to think about some of the possibilities the host presents.

Beck never said it would happen, but it could, and that's what he's saying. The left does a fair amount of fear-mongering for their own purposes as well, and neither side is truly altruistic in their intentions. It's to draw viewership.  That's the media's job, create a reaction, and feed it.  Believe it or not, your choice.  Peace  Cheers

Malatu na nou karan.
Truth is our armor.

Malatu na bala
Truth is power.

lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2010, 11:53:15 AM »

Abe Foxman was an annoying PC hack during the 90's, kind of like a jewish Jesse Jackson. After 9/11 he got a second wind calling anyone who criticized israel or the "special relationship" an anti semite. His latest exploit was passively going on with the Turkey's claim that the Armenian genocide never happend because Israel and turkey were allies (this was before the flotilla incident).

Of course, now that Turkey and Israel are on the outs, Israels court historians have changed their mind and agree that the Armenian genocide happend!
Umaril The Unfeathered

« Reply #10 on: November 16, 2010, 10:13:58 PM »

Abe Foxman was an annoying PC hack during the 90's, kind of like a jewish Jesse Jackson. After 9/11 he got a second wind calling anyone who criticized israel or the "special relationship" an anti semite. His latest exploit was passively going on with the Turkey's claim that the Armenian genocide never happend because Israel and turkey were allies (this was before the flotilla incident).

Of course, now that Turkey and Israel are on the outs, Israels court historians have changed their mind and agree that the Armenian genocide happend!

You bring up a point that always makes me think...all the time I was growing up (and even before the Iraq and Afghanistan wars), I always heard someone on the news refer to anything in the middle east as "the mid-east crisis." 

There are so many now (not to mention the older ones) that it makes you shake your head and say "which particular crisis are you talking about"?  Buggedout

Malatu na nou karan.
Truth is our armor.

Malatu na bala
Truth is power.

Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Press Releases and Film News  |  Glenn Beck draws criticism over latest Holocaust comments « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.