Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 06:15:31 AM
712927 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Press Releases and Film News  |  Millionaires to Obama: Tax us « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Author Topic: Millionaires to Obama: Tax us  (Read 30693 times)
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #30 on: November 23, 2010, 02:21:29 PM »

I would argue that entitlement spending is bankrupting the country.
The world is a very dangerous place, filled with random nutjobs who now have nuclear weapons (Kim Jong Il), an emerging superpower that regards the U.S. as, if not an enemy, at least a dangerous rival (China), and a burgeoning religious ideaology founded by our own oil money, whose ultimate goal is nothing less than the extinction of Western Civilization and all the freedoms it stands for (fundamentalist Islam).  The cost of defense is huge, I'll grant you that, but the cost of being defenseless is even greater. We are about the only good guys left in a world tilting more and more towards evil every day - I want us to be so massively armed that NO ONE will jack with us.

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #31 on: November 23, 2010, 02:55:45 PM »

The world is a very dangerous place, filled with random nutjobs who now have nuclear weapons (Kim Jong Il), an emerging superpower that regards the U.S. as, if not an enemy, at least a dangerous rival (China), and a burgeoning religious ideaology founded by our own oil money, whose ultimate goal is nothing less than the extinction of Western Civilization and all the freedoms it stands for (fundamentalist Islam).

My point compeletly. Our massive military spending makes us less able to compete with China, who have no occupations to pay for,  and makes it much easier for radical islam to drain exactly like they did to the soviets.  That's their stated goal

and we have to borrow money from China and Russia to do it which gives them all sorts of hand.

but the cost of being defenseless is even greater

We're defenseless now. We have two massive borders that are never going to be sealed and ports, malls, and airports that are sitting and waiting for terrorists to blow us up.   

Our existential problem is our debt. India, Egypt, and South Korea have their own problems they can deal with.

We're a republic not an empire.
Umaril The Unfeathered
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Pelinal na vasha, racuvar! Sa yando tyavoy nagaia!

« Reply #32 on: November 24, 2010, 12:21:40 PM »

Frankly, AHD my friend, your reply was an apples to oranges comparison and a rather cheap shot.

You mean the "yet Christ gave everything" remark? I agree. It was a very cheap shot.Funny that Left-Wingers will slam Christianity as hypocritical, and then rely on it in some instances in a straw man attempt to try to make a valid point, such as this one. But yet, only we conservatives are supposed to be the only hypocrites on the block. Even funnier...Have a good laugh, my friend, 'cause that's all a statement like that is good for.  Cheers

I didn't call you a hypocrite.  I didn't accuse you of cheap shots.  I'd let my friend Indy get away with it because we are often at odds, and discuss Christianity regularly on this forum; in my view, his politics interfere with his faith. 

Oh I see, only your friends can tell you where you're wrong,  but the rest of us have no right to criticize on issues that are relevant to us as well? Sorry man, the 1st Amendment isn't for friends and VIP's only.  We all have a right to an opinion.

Umaril, don't lump me in.  You don't know anything about my politics, and don't assume you do.  You're a newbie here, and frankly, you've p**sed me off.   Hatred

So I don't know anything about your politics. Yet, you slammed ME in two other threads, saying " I make you sick" and likening me to Glen Beck, and a few other chart toppers aimned at Right-Wing lunacy.

So is this to say that everyone who agrees with Beck on something is automatically a member of his elite fan club? No, you say? Then you in effect don't know MY total sphere of politics either.  But yet you seem happy lumping ME based on MY leanings.

And you have, to be fair, totally invalidated and downplayed my feelings in a few other threads in the past, while totally validating and credentializing your own feelings. And that is another way of saying that noone has a right to an opinion unless it harmonizes with yours. And that is, in it's own right, hypocrisy. It does come in different flavors, you know.

[And my statement is at the heart of Christianity, not a cheap shot.  Conservative right-wing "thinkers" like yourself are swift to condemn, and quick to define, but did you think about what I wrote? 

Swift to condemn, quick to define...is that anything like the Lefties who screamed and whined about every proposed security measures under Bush 2? 

The SAME ones who now support warrantless wiretapping, and the TSA grabbing breasts and crotches?  Oh yes, please tell me about those who are swift to condemn, and quick to define. Especially when it suits their need to support a president with a 39% approval rating, and a Congress with a rating knee-high to a grasshopper.

You're a newbie here, and frankly, you've p**sed me off.   Hatred

Oh, I'm sorry...did someone forget to tell you that this is America, and that you have the right to be offended, as well as to offend?

Tam-Riel na nou Sancremath.
Dawn's Beauty is our shining home.

An varlais, nou bala, an kynd, nou latta.
The stars are our power, the sky is our light.

Malatu na nou karan.
Truth is our armor.

Malatu na bala
Truth is power.

Heca, Pellani! Agabaiyane Ehlnadaya!
Be gone, outsiders! I do not fear your mortal gods!

Auri-El na nou ata, ye A, Umaril, an Aran!
Aure-El is our father, and I, Umaril, the king!
Umaril The Unfeathered

« Reply #33 on: November 24, 2010, 12:44:06 PM »

I would argue that entitlement spending is bankrupting the country.
The world is a very dangerous place, filled with random nutjobs who now have nuclear weapons (Kim Jong Il), an emerging superpower that regards the U.S. as, if not an enemy, at least a dangerous rival (China), and a burgeoning religious ideaology founded by our own oil money, whose ultimate goal is nothing less than the extinction of Western Civilization and all the freedoms it stands for (fundamentalist Islam).  The cost of defense is huge, I'll grant you that, but the cost of being defenseless is even greater. We are about the only good guys left in a world tilting more and more towards evil every day.

Korea will always be a hotspot.  The Chinese continue to support and supply N. Korea (as do the Russians.)  Russian pilots filled out the ranks of their air force in the first Korean war, and the Chinese had 900,000 reinforcements at the 38th parallell in Manchuria. They probably have more today....

Cuba: Russian missiles 90 miles off America's coast. Soviet military buildup.

70's era Egypt: 300,000 Russian troops to reinforce against Israeli aggression. The Middle East is literally the Russian's best client when it comes to weapons.  Oh, hello 80's era Libya.

In Vietnam, the Chinese allowed the NVA and 'Cong to have supply bases behind Chinese lines as a political buffer zone to prevent going into the North. Again, Russian pilots filled in the ranks of the NVA air force as well as arming and training Charlie with the latest and greatest weapons.

Modern day Venezuela: Soviet military presence.

And NOW, the Russians and Chinese now sit on the UN-Security Council, and have now given Iran a place to hide beneath their skirts. From Korea to Iran, the Russians have trained, armed, and supplied almost every Third World military, and now the Chinese are in on it.

The fact that every enemy since WW2 has pointed an AK-47 at us should tell you the story of just who is pulling the strings..

Malatu na nou karan.
Truth is our armor.

Malatu na bala
Truth is power.

Jim H

« Reply #34 on: November 24, 2010, 04:04:47 PM »

The SAME ones who now support warrantless wiretapping, and the TSA grabbing breasts and crotches?

Which liberals are these?  I honestly have no idea who you're talking about.
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #35 on: November 24, 2010, 05:56:49 PM »

Frankly, AHD my friend, your reply was an apples to oranges comparison and a rather cheap shot.
You mean the "yet Christ gave everything" remark? I agree. It was a very cheap shot.Funny that Left-Wingers will slam Christianity as hypocritical, and then rely on it in some instances in a straw man attempt to try to make a valid point, such as this one. But yet, only we conservatives are supposed to be the only hypocrites on the block. Even funnier...Have a good laugh, my friend, 'cause that's all a statement like that is good for.  Cheers
I didn't call you a hypocrite.  I didn't accuse you of cheap shots.  I'd let my friend Indy get away with it because we are often at odds, and discuss Christianity regularly on this forum; in my view, his politics interfere with his faith.

Oh I see, only your friends can tell you where you're wrong,  but the rest of us have no right to criticize on issues that are relevant to us as well? Sorry man, the 1st Amendment isn't for friends and VIP's only.  We all have a right to an opinion.
Umaril, don't lump me in.  You don't know anything about my politics, and don't assume you do.  You're a newbie here, and frankly, you've p**sed me off.   Hatred
So I don't know anything about your politics. Yet, you slammed ME in two other threads, saying " I make you sick" and likening me to Glen Beck, and a few other chart toppers aimned at Right-Wing lunacy.
So is this to say that everyone who agrees with Beck on something is automatically a member of his elite fan club? No, you say? Then you in effect don't know MY total sphere of politics either.  But yet you seem happy lumping ME based on MY leanings.
And you have, to be fair, totally invalidated and downplayed my feelings in a few other threads in the past, while totally validating and credentializing your own feelings. And that is another way of saying that noone has a right to an opinion unless it harmonizes with yours. And that is, in it's own right, hypocrisy. It does come in different flavors, you know.

[And my statement is at the heart of Christianity, not a cheap shot.  Conservative right-wing "thinkers" like yourself are swift to condemn, and quick to define, but did you think about what I wrote?  
Swift to condemn, quick to define...is that anything like the Lefties who screamed and whined about every proposed security measures under Bush 2?  
The SAME ones who now support warrantless wiretapping, and the TSA grabbing breasts and crotches?  Oh yes, please tell me about those who are swift to condemn, and quick to define. Especially when it suits their need to support a president with a 39% approval rating, and a Congress with a rating knee-high to a grasshopper.
You're a newbie here, and frankly, you've p**sed me off.   Hatred
Oh, I'm sorry...did someone forget to tell you that this is America, and that you have the right to be offended, as well as to offend?

Hey, anyone can tell me when I'm "wrong," what I suggested was that only a friend could insult me on this forum.  Man, you love to argue, you're as guilty of anything you accuse anyone else of, plus, you can't read!  BTW, that was NOT me "slamming" you in other threads... I could even tell you who it was.  But I won't.  You can't quote properly, you can't identify different members (even the one I had to lock threads over your arguing with!) It wasn't me, so...  Go look through your own posting history (if you can figure out how to do that) to see who it was you sparred with, then come back and apologize for false accusations on top of insults.  Or why don't you look at the last time someone boo'd your karma, follow the link on the far right, and you'll see why you were called "uncivil" and with whom you argued.  Dimwit.  
« Last Edit: November 24, 2010, 06:01:07 PM by Allhallowsday » Logged

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #36 on: November 24, 2010, 06:15:40 PM »

From the Forum Rules: (http://www.badmovies.org/forum/index.php/topic,113524.0.html)

"Rule #1:  Common Courtesy
Please be polite when posting...  Flame wars are useless, so rude and insulting behavior is not tolerated."

I trust this reminder will be enough and we will not have to lock the thread. 

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
Umaril The Unfeathered

« Reply #37 on: November 25, 2010, 03:49:08 AM »

You mean the "yet Christ gave everything" remark? I agree. It was a very cheap shot.Funny that Left-Wingers will slam Christianity as hypocritical, and then rely on it in some instances in a straw man attempt to try to make a valid point, such as this one. But yet, only we conservatives are supposed to be the only hypocrites on the block. Even funnier...Have a good laugh, my friend, 'cause that's all a statement like that is good for.  Cheers
I didn't call you a hypocrite.  I didn't accuse you of cheap shots.  I'd let my friend Indy get away with it because we are often at odds, and discuss Christianity regularly on this forum; in my view, his politics interfere with his faith.

Oh I see, only your friends can tell you where you're wrong,  but the rest of us have no right to criticize on issues that are relevant to us as well? Sorry man, the 1st Amendment isn't for friends and VIP's only.  We all have a right to an opinion.
Umaril, don't lump me in.  You don't know anything about my politics, and don't assume you do.  You're a newbie here, and frankly, you've p**sed me off.   Hatred
So is this to say that everyone who agrees with Beck on something is automatically a member of his elite fan club? No, you say? Then you in effect don't know MY total sphere of politics either.  But yet you seem happy lumping ME based on MY leanings.

[And my statement is at the heart of Christianity, not a cheap shot.  Conservative right-wing "thinkers" like yourself are swift to condemn, and quick to define, but did you think about what I wrote?  
The SAME ones who now support warrantless wiretapping, and the TSA grabbing breasts and crotches?  Oh yes, please tell me about those who are swift to condemn, and quick to define. Especially when it suits their need to support a president with a 39% approval rating, and a Congress with a rating knee-high to a grasshopper.
You're a newbie here, and frankly, you've p**sed me off.   Hatred

Hey, anyone can tell me when I'm "wrong," what I suggested was that only a friend could insult me on this forum.  Man, you love to argue, you're as guilty of anything you accuse anyone else of, plus, you can't read!  BTW, that was NOT me "slamming" you in other threads... I could even tell you who it was.  But I won't.  You can't quote properly, you can't identify different members (even the one I had to lock threads over your arguing with!) It wasn't me, so...  Go look through your own posting history (if you can figure out how to do that) to see who it was you sparred with, then come back and apologize for false accusations on top of insults.  Or why don't you look at the last time someone boo'd your karma, follow the link on the far right, and you'll see why you were called "uncivil" and with whom you argued.  Dimwit.  

Interesting.  So Karma Points are a big deal? As if they have anything to do with the value of my daily life.   They are not a true indication of a person's worth or intelligence in the real world.

Uncivil? But yet you're calling me names, such as "dimwit" as well as your other shepie shots. I never called you any names in any past thread, and I'm being rather civil to you now. I think that's your problem, you can't upset me.

Insults? I don't namecall.  And there have been past insults lodged at me w\o any real provocation other than a differing opinion, but I suppose that was OK.  Care to call those wrong?

I've been rather civil in the past (sometimes) as I am doing now, only to have it thrown back at me when the time came to find a reason to lock a thread.  So if this thread gets locked, it'll most likely be both of us resp. for it, and not one.

So on that note, I'll see you down at the end of lonely street, at Heartbreak Hotel. the first drink is on me.   Cheers

Malatu na nou karan.
Truth is our armor.

Malatu na bala
Truth is power.

Umaril The Unfeathered

« Reply #38 on: November 25, 2010, 03:52:36 AM »

From the Forum Rules: (http://www.badmovies.org/forum/index.php/topic,113524.0.html)

"Rule #1:  Common Courtesy
Please be polite when posting...  Flame wars are useless, so rude and insulting behavior is not tolerated."

I trust this reminder will be enough and we will not have to lock the thread. 

Accepted.

Malatu na nou karan.
Truth is our armor.

Malatu na bala
Truth is power.

Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #39 on: November 25, 2010, 07:20:14 AM »

I really wish you'd learn how to post on this website if you're going to quote. 
Don't you get it?  You have confused me with another member.  False accusations one should never sit still for.  Plus, I was not the one who called you "uncivil".  Did you look at your own karma to learn who it was you had argued with (and the person who referred to you as "uncivil" was NOT the person you butted heads with).  Yes I call you Dimwit, because that's how you behave.  But I only wish you PEACE.
Happy Thanksgiving. 

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Press Releases and Film News  |  Millionaires to Obama: Tax us « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.