Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 07:57:00 AM
713327 Posts in 53056 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  MOVIES IN ALL FORMATS! « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: MOVIES IN ALL FORMATS!  (Read 1507 times)
macabre
Bad Movie Lover

I'M COMING FOR YOU!

« on: November 17, 2010, 02:53:24 PM »

HI
I am an avid collector of horror movies in various formats, I have movies in vhs and betamax as well as super8mm/standard 8mm formats.I was wondering if any of you guys collect super/standard 8mm movies or perhaps you may just collect movies in a particular format, also roughly how many movies do you think you may have?

GEEZ! I NEVER REALISED A BRAIN WEIGHED SO MUCH.
WHY HAVE YOU GOT A KNIFE IN YOUR HAND? I HAVEN'T IT'S IN YOUR CHEST.
A MARATHON! MY WIFE COULDN'T RUN A BATH WITHOUT FEELING TIRED.
retrorussell
In the town of Valentine Bluffs, there are many ways to die. Take your pick.
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Hanniger! I'll be waiting in HELL for you!

« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2010, 03:28:10 PM »

Right around 300 movies or so, a few blu-rays, mostly regular dvds, a bunch of vhs.  Mostly movies of all genres, some tv series.  4 different shelves house them.

"O the legend they say, on a Valentine's Day, is a curse that'll live on and on.."
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964

« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2010, 03:43:16 PM »

Years ago, I had a pretty good collection of Super 8mm and Standard 8mm movies, some silent, but mostly sound.  For the most part, they were either 200' or 400' versions, running between about 7 minutes and 18 minutes each.  Here are some highlights:

* CREATURE FROM THE BLACK LAGOON (400' / sound / 3-D)
* IT CAME FROM OUTER SPACE (400' / sound / 3-D)
* SLAPSHOT (400' / sound / color)
* ANIMAL HOUSE (Two 400' reels for a running time of over 30 minutes / sound / color)
* THE BRIDE OF FRANKENSTEIN (200' / sound / B&W)
* CHARLEY VARRICK (400' / sound / color)
* THE DON IS DEAD (400' / sound / color)
* MAN MADE MONSTER (200' / silent / B&W)

Plus a bunch more.  I sold them all on eBay several years ago.

I sold or gave away all my VHS and Beta tapes.  All I collect now are DVDs.  I have more than 3,500 titles.

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2010, 05:30:26 PM »

I think I've got around 250 - 300 DVD's and 8 Blu rays.  And about the same number of VHS tapes, a lot of which I transferred to DVD+RW or DVD-RW.  I've probably got 100 or so of those with two movies on each.  I really should give away all those old tapes, they're just taking up space under the stairs in the basement.  I think the vast majority of my movies are cheesy horror films, though there's some sci-fi and TV shows in there too.  And a smattering of other stuff.  I've also got 1 episode of Stargate SG-1 on the hard drive of my PS3  TeddyR  I wouldn't mind downloading some hi-def movies on the PS3, but the PlayStation store mostly has HD movies available to rent, but very few for purchase.

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
spongekryst
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2010, 01:10:38 PM »

I would have more movies if I didn't have to sell a chunk of them to pay off a dept. Still, I have about 200+ DVD's. I want to start collecting movies and tv shows that are only available on vhs, as I am a nostalgic person and love watching tapes, but cash is tight. I still have at least 30 of my vhs from my childhood and whatever I see at a goodwill that is rare, I buy it.

Jim H

« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2010, 03:27:53 PM »

Well, I have Radioactive Dreams in VHS, PAL VHS, Betamax, LaserDisc and a bootleg DVD.

I also do still buy films on DVD, VHS and LaserDisc.  Not too often in the latter two formats, but if I can get great deals I'm willing.  Someday I'd like to get an 8mm and a 16mm projector so I can get a few things on film, but right now I have neither the money nor the space.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  MOVIES IN ALL FORMATS! « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.