Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 04:59:22 AM
713389 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  "I Couldn't Stop Laughing" « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: "I Couldn't Stop Laughing"  (Read 6422 times)
Mr. DS
Master Of Cinematic Bowel Movements
B-Movie Kraken

Get this thread cleaned up or YOU'RE FIRED!!!

« on: November 20, 2010, 08:42:39 AM »

Have you ever been in situation where something has made you laugh and you really needed to stop for whatever reason and couldn't?

One event I remember when I was about 10 years old.  My family and I were about to go on a tour of some power plant in NH and it was raining.  We had to go up a few flights of stairs to get to the tour and after each flight my brother would stop to purposely make squeaky sounds with his wet shoes.  This cracked me up because there were at least 5 flights of stairs.

Then we get to the point in the tour where we were all stuck in a room with a bunch of people and a tour guide.  I abosolutely couldn't stop laughing.  I still recall my mother's p!ssed off face staring down at me.   The more she whispered to me to stop laughing the more I cracked up.  

Have you had stuff like this happen?  Did you get in trouble for not being able to stop laughing?  Doesn't matter what age you were.

DarkSider's Realm
http://darksidersrealm.blogspot.com/

"You think the honey badger cares?  It doesn't give a sh*t."  Randall
AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2010, 09:58:37 AM »

In Grade 8 history class, we used to do little tests that we would then pass forward and mark for each other. The guy behind me was not the sharpest knife in the drawer. He would go on to be one of my best friends and probably the most stand-up guy I know, but back then, he could be bafflingly dumb. He'll even admit it today.

Anyway, I don't remember him having a single correct answer on one particular test. To make matters worse, he took some fairly bizarre guesses, not to mention places and names thrown in where they don't make sense, and answers that could almost technically be called correct because they were so damn vague. For example, on the War of 1812, his answer for what the winner would get if Britain went to war with the United States (Canada was the correct answer), he said "more land." When asked to name an English lord who did some specific thing, he answered "Rio Grande."

As we went through the test as a class, I went from smiling to chuckling to giggling uncontrollably. Then some of the kids around me wanted to know what was so funny, and they saw a few of the answers, and laughed at this poor guy's expense, and continued to laugh mainly at me in the throes of a giggling fit I could not stop. The whole class was disrupted, and no doubt the guy in front of me was feeling thoroughly humiliated.

That's when the teacher hauled me out into the corridor and tore a strip off me. He was a good guy, and I don't think he was entirely unsympathetic to my predicament, but I was laughing at another student's work, and that p**sed him off. I will say that being yelled at was enough to pull me together. That particular teacher was also known for spitting when he talked, and his breath was a bit bad that day, so having him yell in my face was a real assault on the senses.

---------------------
"Join me in the abyss of savings."
Mr. DS
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2010, 12:14:45 PM »

Yep high school had a lot of those moments for me too.  Particularly in study class when someone farted in the mix of dead quiet.  I remember in elementary school being banned from play time because I was laughing too hard at one of my friends.  We were putting a puzzle together of Superman and he kept calling him "Super Duper Pooperman".  I still find that kind of funny to be honest. 

DarkSider's Realm

AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2010, 12:54:40 PM »

There was a guy who sat behind me in English class for a couple of years in high school. If we were watching a video or somebody was reading aloud, he'd be quietly riffing on it behind me. We both did stuff like that, but there were three occasions when he said the right thing at the right time to set me off into a full-blown giggling fit. One was during something very solemn and serious, the next time had me laughing so hard that everything stopped until I could compose myself. A couple of the girls were doing the "Oh my God" thing during that one. And the third time I was sent out to the hallway during a movie. That was a situation where the teacher was sympathetic, but I was making it hard to watch the movie. He didn't blame me, but he needed to get the distraction out of the room.

---------------------
retrorussell
In the town of Valentine Bluffs, there are many ways to die. Take your pick.
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Hanniger! I'll be waiting in HELL for you!

« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2010, 06:24:55 PM »

If it's late at night and I'm kind of tired, any number of things can set me off.  One in particular is killing myself off in a video game.  My brother recently got Red Dead Redemption, and I set about finding all sorts of ways to kill myself.  Shooting innocent people and hearing them scream made me laugh while the sherrif's posse came after me and shot me to death.  Also, driving a carriage for the first time, I was instantly compelled to find the nearest cliff and drive off it, while my passenger started freaking out.  I laughed so hard I couldn't breathe.

"O the legend they say, on a Valentine's Day, is a curse that'll live on and on.."
Mr. DS
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2010, 08:48:55 PM »

I recall during Freshman year in HS me and a few friends were in English class watching The Hobbit.  One of them was immitating the "Greatest Adventure" song throughout and it killed me. 

DarkSider's Realm

zombie no.one

Oookaay...

« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2010, 09:53:07 PM »

A couple of the girls were doing the "Oh my God" thing during that one.

lol

I once missed an open-goal in football (soccer for you guys ) that made my entire team including myself, plus the opposing team  double up with laughter for at least a few minutes, delaying the goal kick. not the greatest achievement of my life tbh

The Mandela Effect is a Mandela Effect
Paquita

« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2010, 10:00:15 PM »

When I was about 12, my friend came on vacation with me and my family.  We shared a bed in a room with my mom in the other bed.  When we were all supposed to be going to sleep, every time it got really quiet, my friend would fart and then we’d crack up giggling... this was common for our sleepovers but especially funny this time because it was also making my mom really mad.  After about the 8th fart, my mom took me into the bathroom and threatened our lives if we didn’t shut up and go to sleep.  I was so scared I didn’t think I could ever laugh again!  And then I got in bed, and my friend whispered all concerned-like “Are you in trouble?” and then promptly farted..  so I buried my face in my pillow and between wiping away tears of fear and laughter, I whispered…”Yeesssss”…. “She’s going to kiiill uss!!”  and my friend buried her head in her pillow, emptied out her butt, and we continued to laugh silently into our pillows until we fell asleep.  I don’t think I’ve ever had such mixed emotions in my life, but that was one of my funniest and scariest days ever.
El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2010, 01:16:43 AM »

today, Well yesterday, at the Ren Fest, I dressed up a gorilla and was laughing at all of the mistakes that people made at me, as in calling me a monkey, Sasquatch, bigfoot, King kong.... BounceGiggle

yeah no.
claws
« Reply #9 on: November 21, 2010, 03:19:33 AM »

As a young one I would have 'silent' laughing fits in church. I hated going to church as a kid because yeah, totally boring.
Usually one of my sisters would set me off by deliberately looking at me in a 'funny' manner or whatever.
Of course I never actually laughed out loud, it was more of a painful ordeal trying to pull myself together. Trembling, twitching, and sobbing with tears in my eyes. One time I was biting my bible to contain the hilarity of it all.
Once the sermon was over I'd fast-walk out of church letting go all the bottled up laughter.
Mr. DS
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #10 on: November 21, 2010, 09:21:04 AM »

When I was about 12, my friend came on vacation with me and my family.  We shared a bed in a room with my mom in the other bed.  When we were all supposed to be going to sleep, every time it got really quiet, my friend would fart and then we’d crack up giggling... this was common for our sleepovers but especially funny this time because it was also making my mom really mad.  After about the 8th fart, my mom took me into the bathroom and threatened our lives if we didn’t shut up and go to sleep.  I was so scared I didn’t think I could ever laugh again!  And then I got in bed, and my friend whispered all concerned-like “Are you in trouble?” and then promptly farted..  so I buried my face in my pillow and between wiping away tears of fear and laughter, I whispered…”Yeesssss”…. “She’s going to kiiill uss!!”  and my friend buried her head in her pillow, emptied out her butt, and we continued to laugh silently into our pillows until we fell asleep.  I don’t think I’ve ever had such mixed emotions in my life, but that was one of my funniest and scariest days ever.
Similar story for me.  I was staying at a beach front apartment with my friend's family.  It was me and about 3 other people in the room and we were all farting.  When we weren't actually farting we were doing fart noises with our mouths.  My friend's aunt who is usually mild mannered came out and starting yelling at us to shut up.  I never saw her act like that before.

DarkSider's Realm

AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #11 on: November 21, 2010, 09:43:09 AM »

When I was 19 or 20, a friend and I went camping. The park we wanted to camp at was full, and we ended up in a little place with the sites really close together. When we finally turned in for the night, we naturally spent a while talking before going to sleep. This guy worked on a beef breeding farm at the time, and at one point we were talking about this really big bull, and how scary it is when it comes running at feeding time. His description included a pretty funny imitation of lowing, sort of "Uuuunnnnh." I don't even remember how we got around to it - something about roast beef no doubt - but he told me a typical oven probably wouldn't even fit this bull's head inside.

That did it. I immediately got this mental picture of opening an oven door and there's a bull's face inside going "uuuuunnnh." I just completely fell apart. My friend asked me what was so funny, and I breathlessly tried to explain it. He started laughing, but more at me for going into conniptions over something so bloody stupid.

All of this is going on in a flimsy little tent, within spitting distance of tents on either side. When we started to hear people griping about the noise, I was able to stifle it somewhat, but that stupid image kept popping into my head and setting off momentary snickering bouts. For several minutes, I could just barely keep myself together.

---------------------
Paquita

« Reply #12 on: November 21, 2010, 11:00:42 AM »

Similar story for me.  I was staying at a beach front apartment with my friend's family.  It was me and about 3 other people in the room and we were all farting.  When we weren't actually farting we were doing fart noises with our mouths.  My friend's aunt who is usually mild mannered came out and starting yelling at us to shut up.  I never saw her act like that before.

What happens in a person's life that makes them no longer find farts funny?  I think if I was in a room with kids farting and giggling, I'd probably be laughing too!
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #13 on: November 22, 2010, 01:13:37 AM »

I was at a concert by The Four Jacks and A Jill ~ a famous SA group, their major worldwide hit was a song called Master Jack ~ and they had a guest artist, a trumpeter billed as The Jones Boy. This guy told a joke of him being on guard as a young nervous trooper and having the RSM come up behind him, jabbing a sheathed bayonet into his back, hissing: "Gotcha! Now WTF would you do if I was a terrorist?" His reply was "Ermmm..... I've already done it, sir."  Buggedout Everyone caught the joke and it took me a few minutes: I laughed all the way through his trumpet solo.

My good friend Aaron Robinson nearly had me kicked out of a trial exam in 1984 ~ we had mock exams to prepare us for the sh*tstorm about to arrive in November of that year  Buggedout There was a page of the exam booklet which had WRITE NOTHING ON THIS PAGE so he bumped my elbow while we were writing and showed me the page: he had indeed written the word NOTHING on the page.  BounceGiggle BounceGiggle

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #14 on: November 22, 2010, 09:15:13 AM »

The title "Master Jack" is making me giggle right now. TeddyR

---------------------
Pages: [1] 2
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  "I Couldn't Stop Laughing" « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.