Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 01:58:48 PM
714238 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7736 Members
Latest Member: ShayneGree
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Emotional Movie Experiences « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: Emotional Movie Experiences  (Read 9122 times)
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #15 on: November 29, 2010, 09:23:13 PM »

I still tear up at the end of SAVING PRIVATE RYAN. [/quote/]

That one always gets me too. Bluesad

The scene in WIZARD of OZ when Dorthy is sitting on the steps of the Emerald palace crying when she is told she can't see the Wizard always gets me too.
Does this mean I'm gay? Question

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Paquita
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #16 on: November 29, 2010, 10:24:11 PM »

I should not be answering this because I cry on cue at every emotional scene in a movie, no matter how stupid or cliche it may be, I always fall for it.  It's embarrassing because I try so hard not to, and everyone that knows I do this immediately looks at me during these scenes to see if I'm getting all misty eyed so they can tease me. 

My husband loves to tease be about how I bawled like a baby while watching Zombie Lake.  I know it's a really goofy movie, but when that zombie dad was so protective of his daughter, I just got so sad and touched.  Ever since my father died when I was a kid, I cannot watch any emotional father scenes in movies without weeping my eyes out... actually seeing any emotional parent or pet scenes make me weep, and if one of them dies, I'm pretty much inconsolable for at least the next 15 minutes. 
Umaril The Unfeathered

Pelinal na vasha, racuvar! Sa yando tyavoy nagaia!

« Reply #17 on: November 29, 2010, 11:53:21 PM »

I should not be answering this because I cry on cue at every emotional scene in a movie, no matter how stupid or cliche it may be, I always fall for it.  It's embarrassing because I try so hard not to, and everyone that knows I do this immediately looks at me during these scenes to see if I'm getting all misty eyed so they can tease me.

My husband loves to tease be about how I bawled like a baby while watching Zombie Lake.  I know it's a really goofy movie, but when that zombie dad was so protective of his daughter, I just got so sad and touched.  Ever since my father died when I was a kid, I cannot watch any emotional father scenes in movies without weeping my eyes out... actually seeing any emotional parent or pet scenes make me weep, and if one of them dies, I'm pretty much inconsolable for at least the next 15 minutes. 

What's wrong with crying during a movie? I've done it many times myself.  Yeah you might get teased (as I unavoidably have) but hey, it shows you have feelings; welcome to the Human Race  Smile

Since you mention fathers, Here's one from me to you:

I always cry at the end of any episode of Leave It To Beaver, where Ward or June (or both) gently explain the lesson well-learned to Beaver and Wally, as the music plays in the background.  They always let the boys know that they love them, and not to be afraid to come to them if they're in trouble.

My father wasn't like that. He was nasty and mean, and I'll stop here because the worlds I have for him wouldn't pass a language filter.

Anyway, crying isn't a shame. It's part of who you are and noone can take that from you.

Cheers

Tam-Riel na nou Sancremath.
Dawn's Beauty is our shining home.

An varlais, nou bala, an kynd, nou latta.
The stars are our power, the sky is our light.

Malatu na nou karan.
Truth is our armor.

Malatu na bala
Truth is power.

Heca, Pellani! Agabaiyane Ehlnadaya!
Be gone, outsiders! I do not fear your mortal gods!

Auri-El na nou ata, ye A, Umaril, an Aran!
Aure-El is our father, and I, Umaril, the king!
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #18 on: November 30, 2010, 02:07:54 AM »

What's wrong with crying during a movie? I've done it many times myself.  Yeah you might get teased (as I unavoidably have) but hey, it shows you have feelings; welcome to the Human Race  Smile
Since you mention fathers, Here's one from me to you:
I always cry at the end of any episode of Leave It To Beaver, where Ward or June (or both) gently explain the lesson well-learned to Beaver and Wally, as the music plays in the background.  They always let the boys know that they love them, and not to be afraid to come to them if they're in trouble.
My father wasn't like that. He was nasty and mean, and I'll stop here because the worlds I have for him wouldn't pass a language filter.  Anyway, crying isn't a shame. It's part of who you are and noone can take that from you.  Cheers
Brother, when you don't talk politics, I love ya.  Plus, you learned how to quote.   Smile

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
Pilgermann

« Reply #19 on: November 30, 2010, 12:51:59 PM »

I feel like I'm become more sensitive to movies and whatnot in recent years, but here are the ones that stand out:

The ending scenes of The Elephant Man.  Unfairly devastating use of Adagio for Strings! 

I always choke up during The Iron Giant at the "Superman..." line.

The final scene of Tsurumaru on the cliff in Ran stirs some sort of deep sadness in me.

The conclusion of Chinatown makes me sad and angry.  I love that movie.

The entire sequence in Babe: Pig in the City where the animals in the hotel is being raided, especially Thelonius the orangutan clutching his goldfish bowl and staring at the men who are about to capture him, and once they do he drops the bowl and it shatters, leaving the fish gasping on the floor (Babe saves him, luckily).  God, there are several other parts in that movie that get me, too.

Stop Making Sense makes me feel all giddy.

Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #20 on: November 30, 2010, 01:27:51 PM »

The scene in WIZARD of OZ when Dorthy is sitting on the steps of the Emerald palace crying when she is told she can't see the Wizard always gets me too.
Does this mean I'm gay? Question

Only if you dress up like Judy Garland and re-enact the scene.  Wink

I'd say SCHINDLER'S LIST left me pretty teary-eyed.

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
Flick James

Honorary Bastard of Arts

« Reply #21 on: November 30, 2010, 01:46:35 PM »

Stop Making Sense makes me feel all giddy.

I love that movie. David Byrne was a brilliant performer. I guess the title of the thread doesn't necessarily mean crying. Giddiness is certainly an emotional reaction.

I don't always talk about bad movies, but when I do, I prefer badmovies.org
Jim H

« Reply #22 on: December 01, 2010, 02:19:54 AM »

Ever since my father died when I was a kid, I cannot watch any emotional father scenes in movies without weeping my eyes out... actually seeing any emotional parent or pet scenes make me weep, and if one of them dies, I'm pretty much inconsolable for at least the next 15 minutes. 

Yeah...  I lost my father as a teenager and I'm the same way.  Maybe we should start a club or something?  Most recently, I've been watching Dexter and some of the scenes in it got to me.  Which is a little funny considering the context of that show and all..

I remember finding the trailer to Pearl Harbor very moving, added in was the fact that many of the elderly people in the theatre around me were moved deeply by it and were obviously lost in the moment.  It's a shame the movie isn't much.

One of the movies I find the most effective at moving me close to tears is Sunrise: A Song of Two Humans.  In particular, the church scene.  It's a visually gorgeous and poetic film.  My opinion, if you're only going to see one silent film, it's the one to see.
Hammock Rider

« Reply #23 on: December 01, 2010, 09:38:37 AM »

I tear up at the end of Gladiator and The Crow and when Babe is taken away from his Mom in Babe.  I got pretty distraught the first time I saw John Wayne get killed, in The Cowboys.

Jumping Kings and Making Haste Ain't my Cup of Meat
Flick James

Honorary Bastard of Arts

« Reply #24 on: December 01, 2010, 11:31:48 AM »

I tear up at the end of Gladiator and The Crow and when Babe is taken away from his Mom in Babe.  I got pretty distraught the first time I saw John Wayne get killed, in The Cowboys.

Here's a funny story about The Cowboys. I'm sure some will insist on getting bent out shape because of their politics. I just think it's a funny comeback.

At the wrap party, John Wayne told Bruce Dern that he wasn't going to be too popular among Western fans for being one of the only villains to have ever killed one of his characters in a film.

Quick as could be, Bruce came back "but in Berkley I'll be a patron saint."

Well, it was the 60's.

I don't always talk about bad movies, but when I do, I prefer badmovies.org
El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« Reply #25 on: December 01, 2010, 07:55:33 PM »

Benjamin Button made me cry because the real time (the non flash back montage) was minutes/ hours before Katrina hits.

yeah no.
Mr. DS
Master Of Cinematic Bowel Movements
B-Movie Kraken

Get this thread cleaned up or YOU'RE FIRED!!!

« Reply #26 on: December 01, 2010, 10:58:53 PM »

I know I've listed these elsewhere on the board but here we go again:

Finding Nemo - that ending SLAYS me every damn time when Nemo and his father hug.  I'm tearing up now thinking about it.

Field Of Dreams - father and son playing catch, yep that nails me down.  

A Christmas Story - not every time but I think the first time I usually watch it for the year it gets me.  

Jersey Girl - an immensely touching ending that got me and I didn't even have a daughter when I first saw it.  Now that I have one I'd probably be out of work for a week if I watch it again.  

Return Of The Jedi - When Luke sees Yoda, Obiwan and Anakin through the Force. 

DarkSider's Realm
http://darksidersrealm.blogspot.com/

"You think the honey badger cares?  It doesn't give a sh*t."  Randall
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #27 on: December 02, 2010, 02:54:00 AM »

Return Of The Jedi - When Luke sees Yoda, Obiwan and Anakin through the Force. 

That one gets me too.  Smile

Another one that made me cry: the scene in Star Trek IV The Voyage Home where everyone, stoked at the fact that the whales have saved the day, jumps in the water and just have a ball. Even Mr Spock has a smile on his face.

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
Umaril The Unfeathered

Pelinal na vasha, racuvar! Sa yando tyavoy nagaia!

« Reply #28 on: December 02, 2010, 03:41:03 AM »

Here's a funny story about The Cowboys. I'm sure some will insist on getting bent out shape because of their politics. I just think it's a funny comeback.

At the wrap party, John Wayne told Bruce Dern that he wasn't going to be too popular among Western fans for being one of the only villains to have ever killed one of his characters in a film.

Well, it was the 60's.

Berkeley, it figures.

Tam-Riel na nou Sancremath.
Dawn's Beauty is our shining home.

An varlais, nou bala, an kynd, nou latta.
The stars are our power, the sky is our light.

Malatu na nou karan.
Truth is our armor.

Malatu na bala
Truth is power.

Heca, Pellani! Agabaiyane Ehlnadaya!
Be gone, outsiders! I do not fear your mortal gods!

Auri-El na nou ata, ye A, Umaril, an Aran!
Aure-El is our father, and I, Umaril, the king!
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #29 on: December 03, 2010, 07:59:51 PM »

Well, it was the 60's.
THE COWBOYS is 1972.  Wink

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Emotional Movie Experiences « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.