Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 12:52:02 AM
712922 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  My Little Pony: The Movie « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: My Little Pony: The Movie  (Read 53282 times)
JPickettIII
A BAD MOVIE IS A TERRIBLE THING TO WASTE!
Bad Movie Lover

HELP! WE ARE STUCK IN A GOOD MOVIE!!!

« Reply #15 on: November 24, 2010, 05:16:07 PM »

Anyway this picture:

I think describes the Tramp Stamp thought the best.  WOW.  The dragon seems to be confused.   Question

He probably just doesn't have any experience when it comes to girls.   TongueOut

That is actually funny.   BounceGiggle

\\\\\\\"Freedom is not free\"\\\\\\ or ///\"Where ever you go, there you are!\"///
ShifterCat
« Reply #16 on: November 26, 2010, 02:49:31 AM »

Hm. See, I recall seeing a My Little Pony movie, but not this one. The one I saw had as a villain this big muscly guy (who, I'm now thinking, was probably inspired by Czernobog from Fantasia's "Night on Bald Mountain" sequence) who wielded the Black Rainbow, which had the power to transform the cute pastel ponies into creatures of darkness. I thought it was all tremendously cool, but then I was also an eight-year-old girl and it was the eighties.
Cpl Rumrunner
« Reply #17 on: November 26, 2010, 04:05:22 AM »

Ahhh, memories. This review takes me back.
I have to admit I actually saw this IN THEATER as a child.

Good to know that some of my earliest memories (I would have been 4 at the time this came out, I think I was taken to it with a day-care group) are of tripe like this. I take solace in the knowledge that children like me can overcome adversity and grow up to lead productive lives, enjoy good family films like 'Saving Private Ryan', and join the Marines.

I take even greater ironic delight in the fact that years later I went to see 'The Rocky Horror Picture Show' in THE VERY SAME THEATER. Apparently by day they showed kiddy movies but by night they catered to a very different crowd, LOL.
Newt
Mostly Harmless. Mostly.
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I want to be Ripley when I grow up.

« Reply #18 on: November 26, 2010, 06:44:43 AM »

who wielded the Black Rainbow, which had the power to transform the cute pastel ponies into creatures of darkness.

I would SO buy that!  TeddyR

"May I offer you a Peek Frean?" - Walter Bishop
"Thank you for appreciating my descent into deviant behavior, Mr. Reese." - Harold Finch
Andrew
Administrator

I know where my towel is.

« Reply #19 on: November 30, 2010, 08:37:21 AM »

Two skull rated films in a row? You sir could use some more enjoyable bad movies.

Concurred. Go watch Starcrash now. Four times in a row.

(And all I can think of watching that clip from InformationFreak was that's pretty much how Andrew feels right about now.)

Quite unfortunately, I followed this up with a viewing of "The Spirit," because that review is coming soon.  I'm thinking about watching one of the second-rate Captain Nemo films in the near future, so that will provide something like relief from my recent "entertainment."

Hm. See, I recall seeing a My Little Pony movie, but not this one. The one I saw had as a villain this big muscly guy (who, I'm now thinking, was probably inspired by Czernobog from Fantasia's "Night on Bald Mountain" sequence) who wielded the Black Rainbow, which had the power to transform the cute pastel ponies into creatures of darkness. I thought it was all tremendously cool, but then I was also an eight-year-old girl and it was the eighties.

This intrigues me, but I am afraid of where it might lead.  My biggest fear is that it would lead to me suffering through another "My Little Pony" movie.

Andrew my friend thank you for taking the possible equivalent of Waterboarding for us with this movie review.

I am lucky and have sons that like mechanical things and nothing like Dora or the Ponies.

Anyway this picture:

I think describes the Tramp Stamp thought the best.  WOW.  The dragon seems to be confused.   Question

I'm lucky that Jenna, while she does like dolls (and there is a My Little Pony in the house) also likes Lego, building models, and a number of other tomboy pursuits.  Unfortunately, I can also tell you that she likes this movie.   She also loves Godzilla films, especially the movies with Mothra.

Oh, one final thing.  My wife has been threatening to get a tattoo of an ice cream cone on her butt, just because.

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
ShifterCat
« Reply #20 on: November 30, 2010, 10:05:36 PM »

What do you know, Wikipedia describes something that sounds an awful lot like what I saw. Apparently it was a standalone episode of the TV series.

"Rescue from Midnight Castle (1984) - When several Little Ponies are transformed into monsters by the Power of Darkness, a young girl named Megan joins their battle. (Edited into two parts when syndicated.)"
Olivia Bauer

« Reply #21 on: December 01, 2010, 07:19:29 PM »

As terrible film a "My Little Pony" is, you can't expect much from a film based on a toy for little girls. This doesn't really belong of the site. Bad B-Movies shouldn't include some movie intended for little girls. If you REALLY want a bad movie, how about the most likely candidate for "Worst children's film of all time"?

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0330994/

I warn you, the contents of this link will make you wish James Cameron NEVER made "Titanic". Only a few copies of this film still exist today and you can't find any footage of it outside of a review on thatguywiththeglasses.com.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2010, 08:56:29 AM by KeeperOfTheB-List » Logged

ThatGuy
« Reply #22 on: December 02, 2010, 12:41:47 AM »

I'm going to have the Smooze song stuck in my head for days, but you're right Andrew, that truly is the only watchable part of this movie. Awesome!
El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« Reply #23 on: December 02, 2010, 10:50:41 PM »

I've some terrible s**t before, INCLUDING the Garbage Pail Kids, but THIS takes the cake of the worst movie I've ever seen period.

yeah no.
nolahn
« Reply #24 on: December 07, 2010, 09:32:51 PM »

This might be your boldest endeavor.  I've reviewed this film over at my site, the Bargain Bin Review, so I know first-hand just how awful this film is.

One thing that nagged at me: How were the ponies able to do 90% of the things they do (build houses, bake, wear clothing) without hands?
InformationGeek
Leader of the Friends' for Info
B-Movie Site Webmaster

Let's all be Friends.

« Reply #25 on: December 13, 2010, 08:02:18 PM »

One thing that nagged at me: How were the ponies able to do 90% of the things they do (build houses, bake, wear clothing) without hands?

Don't bring logic into a movie with ponies with tramp stamps!  But then again, if you want an answer, it's rather simple.  A wizard did it.  Do not question it.

We live in quite an interesting age. You can tell someone's sexual orientation and level of education from just their interests.
David
« Reply #26 on: December 16, 2010, 01:15:32 AM »

Andrew, your analysis of the dad in the theatre is hilarious stuff.

Hope you're keeping well, my friend. It's been a while.
Matt
« Reply #27 on: December 20, 2010, 07:08:59 PM »

oh my god. You sat thru this s**t? I couldn't watch 5 seconds of that clip it drove me nuts.
ChunkeeOne
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #28 on: December 23, 2011, 04:51:01 AM »

I'm sure I had to watch this when I was little because of my sister but thankfully, I have blocked it all out.
Sitting Duck
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #29 on: October 05, 2012, 09:35:49 AM »

Here's an interesting twist. One Erica Balsley has been running this Call of Cthulhu scenario which Uses My Little Pony characters as investigators. It's called The Ponyville Horror and involves a deranged unicorn named Wildburr (whose tramp stamp is a key and a gate) who steals a copy of the dreaded EQUINOMICON. *rimshot* Anyway, ever since she ran it at RavenCon 2010, it's sort of become her signature con scenario. And if you happen to be in Charlotte, NC on November 2, she'll be running it at MACE during the 8:00 PM slot (this thing won't let me post links, so you'll have to Google it).
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  My Little Pony: The Movie « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.