Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 10:28:14 AM
713337 Posts in 53056 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Television  |  The Palin Phenomenon « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Author Topic: The Palin Phenomenon  (Read 48421 times)
Flick James
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Honorary Bastard of Arts

« on: November 23, 2010, 09:48:49 AM »

Regardless of what anyone may think of the Palins, I am making my call now. Sarah Palin is our next president. You can laugh, you can call me a kook, you can say whatever you want, but mark my words, and mark them well, Sarah Palin will be taking the presidential oath in January 2013 (assuming the world didn't end the previous month).

All the pieces are being put into place. She is playing the popularity game very, very well. She must have a brilliant publicist, because I don't believe for a moment that the brilliance is all hers. And everyone loves her. So much so that her talentless and utterly boring daughter was somehow able to garner the votes to move her to the finals of Dancing With the Stars (doesn't the name of that show imply that you have to be a star or at least a former star to be a contestant?). Sarah Palin also has managed to introduce a new word to the English language (refudiate) much quicker than it takes most. Her ghost-written book sold a gazillion copies and I swear you can buy it a Circle K (I'm joking about that last bit). Her new reality show is enjoying very strong ratings.

The USA has come full circle and seriously become the reality show nation. We make our decisions in life based on popular votes. You think I'm exaggerating? There is a news story running now about someone who is going to make the decision whether or not to abort their child based on Internet votes. Now, this turned out to be a hoax, but the writing on the wall is pretty obvious. Sarah Palin, her publicist, or a combination of the two, have read the writing. They know that the American people, if they had their way, would have the race for presidency be a reality show with panel judges and we text our votes in until the everyone is eliminated but our next president. You may think my Dancing With the Stars point is silly, but I'm telling you, the fact that Bristol Palin, who can't dance, has no personality, and has no identity other than being the daughter of Sarah Palin, was able to advance to the finals of a show that has surpassed even American Idol in popularity, well, do I even need to explain it further?

Anyway, I'm making my call. Anyone care to wager?

I don't always talk about bad movies, but when I do, I prefer badmovies.org
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2010, 12:40:54 PM »

I think she has sort of pioneered a place for herself as a kind of right wing Oprah. While I am certainly sympathetic to many of her positions and think she did a great job in Alaska, I will never forget the Katie Couric interviews! I think alot of other people won't either.

President would also involve her taking a SIGNIFICANT pay cut.
3mnkids

« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2010, 01:07:18 PM »

If the country elects this nit wit then the country deserves everything she will do to it.   It wont matter to me because I'll be living in Canada.   Thumbup

There's no worse feeling than that millisecond you're sure you are going to die after leaning your chair back a little too far~ ruminations
Flick James

Honorary Bastard of Arts

« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2010, 01:54:24 PM »

I think she has sort of pioneered a place for herself as a kind of right wing Oprah. While I am certainly sympathetic to many of her positions and think she did a great job in Alaska, I will never forget the Katie Couric interviews! I think alot of other people won't either.

President would also involve her taking a SIGNIFICANT pay cut.

Well, yes, she would, but we all know the long-term earning potential that being the president carries with it. Besides, I have a feeling she wants to be president, and wants it bad.

claws
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2010, 02:04:30 PM »

Palin would be the final nail in America's coffin. I'll pray for you all (save and sound from Germany).
akiratubo

« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2010, 02:06:04 PM »

Everyone likes her?  Since when?  I never hear a good word about her except on TV.  No one I know or have talked to when out and about, Republican, Democrat, male, female, religious, atheist, or whatever, supports Sarah Palin.

(Granted, that's only around 100+ people but if she's so popular at least one of those would like her, right?)

Kneel before Dr. Hell, the ruler of this world!
Flick James

Honorary Bastard of Arts

« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2010, 02:14:43 PM »

Everyone likes her?  Since when?  I never hear a good word about her except on TV.  No one I know or have talked to when out and about, Republican, Democrat, male, female, religious, atheist, or whatever, supports Sarah Palin.

(Granted, that's only around 100+ people but if she's so popular at least one of those would like her, right?)

Well, akiratubo, I hope you realize I was being sarcastic. I don't really think everyone loves her. What I mean is that she has some serious numbers of supporters, and those people vote. The Dancing With the Stars premise was mainly about her potential to mobilize people. Certainly, there are plenty who hate her. In fact, the public is very polarized on Sarah Palin. I'm one of the few who are indifferent to her. The people who hate her will never learn that their hatred is what fuels her popularity.

indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2010, 02:15:47 PM »

Au contraire!  I like her a great deal and have said so in this forum.  If she runs, I'm going to get a skintight TShirt with her picture on it, write a song about how I have a crush on her, and do a sexy dance to it and become an internet sensation!!!!!

(and maybe get a Cabinet post out of the deal!) TeddyR

Seriously, I see so many lefties who just absolutely foam at the mouth when you mention her name, I can't HELP but like her!

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #8 on: November 23, 2010, 03:15:30 PM »

It would amost be worth it to have Levi Johnston in and around the White House causing trouble.
akiratubo

« Reply #9 on: November 23, 2010, 03:18:16 PM »

How?  HOW can you like her?  She is a complete failure as a leader and uses her family as props.  She's nothing but a hollow, soulless, self-promoter blatantly in it for the money.  She's disgusting, the embodiment of everything wrong with American politics, and I wish she'd go away.

Kneel before Dr. Hell, the ruler of this world!
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #10 on: November 23, 2010, 03:40:47 PM »

Anyway, I'm making my call. Anyone care to wager?

Sure, I'll give you a karma point if Sarah Palin is our next president, you give me one if anyone else is.

About this time 4 years ago I was pretty sure Hillary Clinton was going to be the next president.  Things will change a lot in the next 2 years.  Who knows what other politician's daughter may get her own reality show?  Maybe Kim Kardashian's mom will decide to run for the Dems.  Who can say?   

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
Doggett
Bustin' makes me feel good !

I've seen things you people couldn't imagine...

« Reply #11 on: November 23, 2010, 03:59:57 PM »

What happend to the world ?   Lookingup

Question

If God exists, why did he make me an atheist? Thats His first mistake.
the ghoul
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #12 on: November 24, 2010, 02:20:59 AM »

It could happen, though I wouldn't bet on it.  She's kind of the 2010 version of Dan Quayle. She will always find a way to sound stupid.  The Democrats are probably hoping she does get the Republican nomination.  It's easy to run against that kind of moronic image.  Here in Nevada we had a similar candidate named Sharron Angle.  The only reason I even bothered voting in the past election was to vote against her.

Realistically though, if Palin does take the oval office, it most likely won't be any better or worse than any of the other presidents we have had in my lifetime.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2010, 02:23:10 AM by the ghoul » Logged
Flick James

Honorary Bastard of Arts

« Reply #13 on: November 24, 2010, 09:34:14 AM »

Au contraire!  I like her a great deal and have said so in this forum.  If she runs, I'm going to get a skintight TShirt with her picture on it, write a song about how I have a crush on her, and do a sexy dance to it and become an internet sensation!!!!!

(and maybe get a Cabinet post out of the deal!) TeddyR

Seriously, I see so many lefties who just absolutely foam at the mouth when you mention her name, I can't HELP but like her!

To me she's appealing until she opens her mouth. Women and minorities by and large can't stand her. Her demographic are white males who want to bone her. That's cool. I'm not judging. JFK had sex appeal which helped him become president. On one hand it's sad the criteria that make one president, on the other hand I think the entire political system is a complete joke, so this would just be another punchline to me.

And now for the next punchline:

Sarah Palin is trying to become a contestant on the next Dancing With the Stars.

If she does, then it's lights out. There may as well not even be any other contestants.

BounceGiggle BounceGiggle BounceGiggle

Flick James

Honorary Bastard of Arts

« Reply #14 on: November 24, 2010, 09:45:22 AM »

Allow me to correct myself on my last post. I was very tired last night when the news story ran. It's even better. Sarah Palin is not trying to be a contestant. She is trying to get Christine O'Donnell on as a contestant on the next season.

And the comedy just keeps comin'.

BounceGiggle BounceGiggle BounceGiggle

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Television  |  The Palin Phenomenon « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.