Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 12:18:49 PM
713351 Posts in 53056 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Television  |  The Palin Phenomenon « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10
Author Topic: The Palin Phenomenon  (Read 48433 times)
Umaril The Unfeathered
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Pelinal na vasha, racuvar! Sa yando tyavoy nagaia!

« Reply #120 on: January 18, 2011, 12:44:40 PM »

Bottom line: don't say you're gonna leave the country unless you're actually prepared to do it.  Otherwise you become a mealy mouthed hypocrite like Streisand and Baldwin and all the other Hollywood limousine liberals who said they were going to leave America forever if Bush won.

Werd, Indy.  As always, you're the man!     Cheers 

With all due respect to those who wish to leave America: 

One of the recent Call Of Duty games had a quote from an "unknown author" that went something like this: 

"If one cannot support the colors he lives under, perhaps one had better find another flag."

You might regret your decision, and find out that despite what you didn't have here in America, that you still had it good.  What you're running to might be worse than what you ran from.  Your choice, though, and good luck.

Now a word about Barbara Streisand: She was mouthing off one time that America should be feeding people in other countries and here at home, and not spending it on war.  Nothing typical about that war cry, and I agree.

Yet, her and hubby James Brolin allegedly admitted that they spend upwards of 30,000 a year on their lawn, their trees and property.  Barbara, can you eat trees and shrubs?

Nancy Pelosi felw around in her personal jet to the tune of around 3M a year, with another 300,000 in executive privileges for her friends and family.  How many meals could that money have bought for The Third World?

Tam-Riel na nou Sancremath.
Dawn's Beauty is our shining home.

An varlais, nou bala, an kynd, nou latta.
The stars are our power, the sky is our light.

Malatu na nou karan.
Truth is our armor.

Malatu na bala
Truth is power.

Heca, Pellani! Agabaiyane Ehlnadaya!
Be gone, outsiders! I do not fear your mortal gods!

Auri-El na nou ata, ye A, Umaril, an Aran!
Aure-El is our father, and I, Umaril, the king!
Doggett
Bustin' makes me feel good !

I've seen things you people couldn't imagine...

« Reply #121 on: January 18, 2011, 12:53:53 PM »

Andrew hasn't locked this thread ???
 TeddyR

Hmmm.... Its political and yet it's still running. This might be the longest running politcal thread in badmovies.org history !  Wink

Keep it clean and keep it civil and it'll all be...groovy...  Smile

If God exists, why did he make me an atheist? Thats His first mistake.
Flick James

Honorary Bastard of Arts

« Reply #122 on: January 18, 2011, 02:03:35 PM »

Andrew hasn't locked this thread ???
 TeddyR

Hmmm.... Its political and yet it's still running. This might be the longest running politcal thread in badmovies.org history !  Wink

Keep it clean and keep it civil and it'll all be...groovy...  Smile

I started the thread. I wasn't interested in political observations, as I clearly stated, but I also knew that it was unavoidable. I'm much more interested in the sociological aspects of the Palin Phenomenon. I find it fascinating, amusing, disturbing, all at once. I think because the tone of the thread has gone back and forth between political and sociological it has lasted as long as it has.

Skull and I got into it over the topic of drug prohibition in the "Grind my Gears" thread once that got really bad, far worse than this, and I still can't believe it lasted as long as it did.

I enjoy debating immensely, and I usually gain from the experience unless things turn ugly. I find that people hold onto their beliefs with such ferocity that they will outright deny any evidence contrary to them. I've been guilty of it myself, but I do try not to allow myself to adopt that posture in life or belief, as passionate as I may feel about it. Anybody who is honest with themselves will admit that at some point in the past they had a belief that they have since discovered is wrong or mistaken. That's life. We're human, and therefore subject to fallibility and folly. Yet, somehow, the same person who will admit that they have been wrong in the past somehow is convinced that their current beliefs cannot be wrong, despite having acknowledged their own philosophical mutability.

I find the human condition infinitely interesting and amusing.

I don't always talk about bad movies, but when I do, I prefer badmovies.org
Umaril The Unfeathered

Pelinal na vasha, racuvar! Sa yando tyavoy nagaia!

« Reply #123 on: January 19, 2011, 12:22:44 AM »

We're human, and therefore subject to fallibility and folly. Yet, somehow, the same person who will admit that they have been wrong in the past somehow is convinced that their current beliefs cannot be wrong, despite having acknowledged their own philosophical mutability.

Yes, some still see 2 wrongs as making a right. 

This was my point in the misunderstanding some of you had with me over the Wikileaks argument a while back that wound up getting locked.  I was percieved as the enemy before I had chance to get my point across.  I will try again.

"Operation Payback" against Bank Of America was such an example of the quote above, the roundabout way of saying  that 2 wrongs make a right.

Wikileaks and their allies had no regard for the bank's lawful, legal right to deny server access.  They had no respect for the fact that the bank was protecting the privacy and accounts of the little guy, aka you and I.

They percived that the bank was "the enemy" for protecting their clients.  No regard for the fact that they exposed God knows how many accounts to potential identity theft and hijacking as the hackers perused the list of clients and customers of the bank.

You KNOW they helped themselves while they were there.   And when identity theft from this thing does hit, we will be the ones that wind up paying for this, not the governments of the world.

I became angry because I felt that this was a very valid point that was being ignored, and I don't think I was being unreasonable. It's a very valid concern, as other people who have nothing to do with Wikileaks little war have now been compromised.

And if those who support Wikileaks approve of this collateral damage in the name of justice, then I quote Flick James again, when he says that some of us are  "convinced that our current beliefs cannot be wrong, despite having acknowledged their own philosophical mutability." 

Tam-Riel na nou Sancremath.
Dawn's Beauty is our shining home.

An varlais, nou bala, an kynd, nou latta.
The stars are our power, the sky is our light.

Malatu na nou karan.
Truth is our armor.

Malatu na bala
Truth is power.

Heca, Pellani! Agabaiyane Ehlnadaya!
Be gone, outsiders! I do not fear your mortal gods!

Auri-El na nou ata, ye A, Umaril, an Aran!
Aure-El is our father, and I, Umaril, the king!
Barack Clinton
« Reply #124 on: January 19, 2011, 01:13:09 AM »

The most phenomenal things about palin are her arrogance, her hypocrisy and stupidity of her drooling masses of followers.

Palin arrogantly says the republicans should be the party of "HELL NO!" when democrats wein an election then claims democrats must bow to republicans when the republicans win an election 2 years later. Arrogance and hypocrisy all at once.

Then she snivels about people blaming her and the violent right rhetoric for a political shooting, yet her kind has blamed everything from 911 to natural disasters to violent video youth crimes on liberals, democrats, gays, lesbians, video games, rap music, etc.

She claimed to serve the people of alaska, then dropped her office as soon as she had a chance to make more money and get a bigger audience. Well, maybe quitting halfway thru her term as governor was a service to the public.

And millions of marching morons adore her.  Lookingup
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #125 on: January 19, 2011, 07:34:05 AM »

Hello Barack!  "Drooling Moron" here.

We can see from  your username exactly how unbiased and rational your political perspective is!!  If I may be blunt, we try to keep our political differences respectful and free of personal insults around here.  Your rhetoric is a bit over the line.  Stay around, learn how we do things, and try to contribute more respectfully.  Or vamoose.  But threads that devolve into the kind of political hate speech you are spouting (while criticizing others for doing the same) will get this thread locked in a heartbeat.

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #126 on: January 19, 2011, 08:16:52 AM »

I've known you a long time, Indy: when did you become that?  Question

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
Flick James

Honorary Bastard of Arts

« Reply #127 on: January 19, 2011, 12:04:28 PM »

We can see from  your username exactly how unbiased and rational your political perspective is!!  If I may be blunt, we try to keep our political differences respectful and free of personal insults around here.  Your rhetoric is a bit over the line.  Stay around, learn how we do things, and try to contribute more respectfully.  Or vamoose.  But threads that devolve into the kind of political hate speech you are spouting (while criticizing others for doing the same) will get this thread locked in a heartbeat.

Indy and I often disagree on some of the finer points of our great Western civilization, but on this I could not be in greater agreement.

indianasmith
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #128 on: January 19, 2011, 06:18:44 PM »

Trevor - I was sarcastically referencing "Barack's" characterization of conservatives in general and Palin supporters in particular.  The only time I would truly consider myself a drooling moron would be if Anne Hathaway suddenly walked into the room in a bikini.

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #129 on: January 20, 2011, 01:20:12 AM »

Trevor - I was sarcastically referencing "Barack's" characterization of conservatives in general and Palin supporters in particular.  The only time I would truly consider myself a drooling moron would be if Anne Hathaway suddenly walked into the room in a bikini.

OK, I see.  TeddyR Talking about 'see', how about that dress she wore to the Golden Globes? Wow.  

I hate asking people to navigate away from this site but this pic is worth it.  TeddyR

www.imdb.com/media/rm3985016064/nm0004266hot hot
« Last Edit: January 20, 2011, 01:27:40 AM by Trevor » Logged

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
indianasmith
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #130 on: January 20, 2011, 07:15:09 AM »

Trevor, I think I love you.

El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« Reply #131 on: January 20, 2011, 09:24:55 AM »

here's what I say- Give it a shot. She can be good, she can be bad, it's not like EVERY president we had was 100% good (Cough NIXON /Cough), hell, she might even surprise us- who knows?

yeah no.
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #132 on: January 20, 2011, 10:22:36 AM »

One thing she did that I didn't like is around Christmas and Easter last year she issued these hawkish statements on Iran. That's just wrong.
Flick James

Honorary Bastard of Arts

« Reply #133 on: January 20, 2011, 11:01:12 AM »

Anne Hathaway's hotness is sublime.

lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #134 on: January 20, 2011, 11:33:56 AM »

She was on CNBC's Greed the other night. She had been engaged to this guy who was a Bernie Madoff type swindler.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Television  |  The Palin Phenomenon « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.