Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 04:35:26 PM
713364 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  So bad, I could vomit « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: So bad, I could vomit  (Read 2010 times)
WyreWizard
Bad Movie Lover

« on: November 24, 2010, 09:39:53 AM »

Hello there, badmoviesphiles.  I'm back with another review.  Excuse me a minute (Goes to the toilet and vomits his brains out.)  Oooh, sorry about that.  Anyways, I'm here to review a movie that is so bad that it almost beat the Devil's Rejects for the bottom spot.

What is this movie?  I'll give you a hint.  Its based on the children's book written by Theodore Geisel its main character has a black and white body and wears red and white apparel on his head.  Yes, that's right.  The cat in the hat!!!  I'm not talking about the animated movie made in the late 70s.  That was decently humorous.  No, I'm talking about the live action flick made in 2003.

What makes this movie so bad is they tried to expand the original story just like Dreamworks did with Shrek.  However, they did a terrible terrible job. One thing Cat in the Hat and Shrek had in common was Mike Meyers played the lead roles. I saw this movie the other day on TBS and I thought it would be worth a laugh or two but I was sadly mistaken.  One big difference between the animated and the live one was in the live one, they didn't go looking for the cat's moss-covered three handled family gredunza(what the heck is a gredunza anyway?)  Instead, they go looking for the cat's hat which was never really lost but on the cat's head the whole time. Lookingup

Another thing missing from the live action one was the song and dance routine called "Cat, Hat.  In french, chat chapeau.  In Spanish, El Gato in a Sombrero."  I got a real kick out of that routine in the animated one. Drink

Another big difference between the animated one and the live one was the animated one happened at night., the live one at day.  In the animated one, the unseen mother trusted the kids to be have.  In the live one, the mother hired a sleepy babysitter to watch over the kids. (The mother in the live one was cute. Kelly Preston sure is hot.  I wouldn't mind sharing my bed with her   TeddyR)

All in all, I rate Cat in the Hat as the second worst film of all.  Only slightly better than Cat in the Hat was The live action version of the Grinch.  "Heh-heh-heh, Ho-ho-ho."  Jim Carrey did a wonderful job in that film as the story's antihero.  "I must stop this Christmas."

That's all, badmoviephiles.  Later.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2010, 09:46:36 AM by WyreWizard » Logged

Babe, I'm leaving.  I must be on my way.  The time is drawing near.  The train is going.  I see it in your eyes.  The love beneath your tears.  And I'll be lonely without you.  And I'll need your love to see me through.  So please me.  My heart is your hands.  And I'll be missing you...
Mr. DS
Master Of Cinematic Bowel Movements
B-Movie Kraken

Get this thread cleaned up or YOU'RE FIRED!!!

« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2010, 12:00:01 PM »

Cardinals are very pretty birds.  Does anyone know how to get them to the feeder?

DarkSider's Realm
http://darksidersrealm.blogspot.com/

"You think the honey badger cares?  It doesn't give a sh*t."  Randall
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2010, 07:55:10 PM »

He goes to the toilet and vomits his brains out.

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2010, 03:12:57 AM »

Excuse me a minute (Goes to the toilet and vomits his brains out.)  Oooh, sorry about that.  

Buggedout Buggedout BuggedoutTeddyR TeddyR

I hate to spoil your -35 karma rating WW, but I have to: + 1 karma for you.  TeddyR

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
Pilgermann
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2010, 11:33:29 AM »

I'm also tempted to give you Karma 'cause I despise this movie, too.  One of the absolute worst I've seen.

Chainsawmidget
« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2010, 07:08:14 AM »

I wouldn't say it was expanding the story that made the movie bad.  It was the creepy uncharismatic unfunny poorly designed lead character than made the movie bad.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  So bad, I could vomit « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.