Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 02:09:31 AM
714230 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7734 Members
Latest Member: BlackVuemmo
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  The Only One In The Theater « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: The Only One In The Theater  (Read 4513 times)
Hammock Rider
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #15 on: November 30, 2010, 11:35:19 AM »

There have been lots of times where I've been the only one in the theater. A few that come to mind are: Day Breakers, The Spy Next Door, Waiting for Superman and City Island.

Jumping Kings and Making Haste Ain't my Cup of Meat
Pilgermann

« Reply #16 on: November 30, 2010, 01:05:01 PM »

Having worked at at a theater I've gotten to screen a lot of films on my own, but I don't think I've ever gone to a regular show where absolutely no one else attended, but I've been in nearly empty shows.  There were two occasions involving Ernest films (shocking, I know!).  My mom took my brother and me and a couple of our friends to Ernest Goes to Jauil and I believe there were 2 other people in the auditorium.  My family also went to see Ernest Rides Again and there were only a couple other folks in there.

I was lucky enough to catch Tideland during its brief and super-limited theatrical run and I took some friends to it.  There were maybe 2-3 other people.

Couchtr26

« Reply #17 on: November 30, 2010, 10:52:00 PM »

Actually, this happens more for me then packed theaters.  Hot Shots: Part Deux saw that and their was 5 people.  Hostel saw that with 3 people.  Remake of The Fog only 10 people there.  Finally, The Simpsons movie was pretty dead when I saw it.  I think there was just me and 1 other person. 

Ah, the good old days.
Raffine

« Reply #18 on: December 01, 2010, 02:27:51 AM »

These days, particularly if you go to a multimegaplex matinee during the week, it's not unusual at all to see a film with only four of five others in the audience.

I saw SKYLINE on the Monday afternoon after it opened and there were only six of us in the theater.

If you're an Andy Milligan fan there's no hope for you.
BoyScoutKevin

« Reply #19 on: December 07, 2010, 06:15:37 PM »

If I've seldom seen a film in a packed theater, I can't remember ever being the only one in the theater to see a film. A couple of times I did come close.

(1) 1971. "Scandalous John"
A Walt Disney Production, at a time they were just starting to do films that were just a little more "adult" than the films in the past. They weren't even going to show the film, as I was the only one in the audience, but then two more people walked in, and they showed it, with just the three of us there. A film that is really unknown by most people, but one I quite enjoyed.

(2) 1984. "The Dungeonmaster"
Which is reviewed at this site, and is perhaps better known under the title "The Ragewar," but I saw it under the first title. It was the era of Dungeons and Dragons, which is why a mother and her two pre-teen sons were in the audience at the start of the film, but they walked out mid-way through the film, so I wound up being the only person to see it all the way to the end. I don't remember too much about it, except Richard Moll was in it, and it being a pretty bad film, and bad not in a good way.
Pages: 1 [2]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  The Only One In The Theater « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.