Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 04:55:03 AM
712926 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  One really good film with one nasty reality flaw « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: One really good film with one nasty reality flaw  (Read 7191 times)
WyreWizard
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #15 on: December 03, 2010, 11:06:52 PM »

Wired Weenie...I thought you got off yer reality kick.
It's a fantasy...it's basically the whiteman driving out the Indians. It's a dam cartoon. FANTASY, you momo!
I was gonna give you a demerit for old times sake,but it ain't worth the trouble to move my arrow to the "you're a dumbass" key.

A fantasy, you say?  Strange, the DVD and Blue-Ray packages all say its science fiction.  If its fantasy, where is the magic?  The wizards?  The medieval battles?  The beautiful princesses in distress?  If this is a fantasy then its a techofantasy

Babe, I'm leaving.  I must be on my way.  The time is drawing near.  The train is going.  I see it in your eyes.  The love beneath your tears.  And I'll be lonely without you.  And I'll need your love to see me through.  So please me.  My heart is your hands.  And I'll be missing you...
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #16 on: December 04, 2010, 12:52:47 PM »

It's a fantasy...it's basically the whiteman driving out the Indians. It's a dam cartoon. FANTASY, you momo!
I was gonna give you a demerit for old times sake,but it ain't worth the trouble to move my arrow to the "you're a dumbass" key.

A fantasy, you say?  Strange, the DVD and Blue-Ray packages all say its science fiction.  If its fantasy, where is the magic?  The wizards?  The medieval battles?  The beautiful princesses in distress?  If this is a fantasy then its a techofantasy
I was gonna take the high road and ignore you.....but nah! What I realy wanna say is....your a dick!

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Flick James
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Honorary Bastard of Arts

« Reply #17 on: December 07, 2010, 02:17:28 PM »

Avatar had only one nasty reality flaw?

Buggedout

I don't always talk about bad movies, but when I do, I prefer badmovies.org
10,000 Volt Ghost
Ancient Radiation
Bad Movie Lover

Ancient Radiation

« Reply #18 on: December 07, 2010, 02:41:46 PM »

Hello badmoviephiles.    A few weeks ago, I caught James Cameron's Avatar on HBO (I like to call it Horrible Body Odor BounceGiggle)  I was delighted that the makers of this film went the extra step to make the aliens appear less human.  However, this movie has one serious reality flaw. 

I was told by my brother

Shouldn't you be going by the movie rather than what your brother tells you?  BounceGiggle

that the planet these aliens were on was ten times the size of Earth.  If a planet was ten times as big as Earth (making it a super earth) it would also be 5 to ten times as massive.  And when a planet is 5 to ten times as massive, the gravity is 5 to ten times as strong.   On a planet with ten times the gravity, a 150 pound man would weight 1500 pounds!  Also, the fact these aliens were twice as tall as humans wouldn't be possible because the planet's gravity would severely restrict their growth.

Also, why did the aliens have blue skin?  There is no such thing as natural blue pigment.  Sure we have blue birds, but their feathers as blue, not their skin.

Although it's an uncommon coloration, there are plenty of animals with blue skin: fish, frogs, the mandrill has a blue nose, and certain species of monkey have blue scrotums (I'll spare you pictures of the last).

It's possible for people to be born with blue skin.  (It's called methemoglobinemia.) 

Can't give you a passing grade on this post.

I thought that guy was blue because he ate pieces of silver all the time.

John Hancock
El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« Reply #19 on: December 09, 2010, 12:24:38 AM »

let me help RC, Wire- read the Bolded word: fiction

yeah no.
Pages: 1 [2]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  One really good film with one nasty reality flaw « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.