Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 01:10:31 AM
712922 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Tree's up! « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Tree's up!  (Read 2982 times)
Paquita
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« on: November 27, 2010, 01:01:39 AM »

I couldn't wait a full 24 hours after Thanksgiving was over!  We just put our tree up!  I didn't get the skirt on it yet and the cats are already going nuts.

I know it may be enough pink to make some people puke, but I love my frilly pink tree!  I have a feeling pink decorations are going to be very popular in the next coming years, so I just want it to be known that I've been decorating my tree in pink for at least 10 years.

I wanna see your holiday decor!  It doesn't have to be just Christmas stuff! 

Newt
Mostly Harmless. Mostly.

I want to be Ripley when I grow up.

« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2010, 07:40:50 AM »

Very elegant!  It's lovely, Paquita.

Ours won't be going up for weeks yet.  And I'm afraid the decorations will be rather...colourful and eclectic.  Years of gathering ornaments and I tend to go overboard.  Lookingup

"May I offer you a Peek Frean?" - Walter Bishop
"Thank you for appreciating my descent into deviant behavior, Mr. Reese." - Harold Finch
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2010, 07:59:20 AM »

Congrat's Paquita  TeddyR  I think we'll wait another week and half or so before getting ours. 

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
claws
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2010, 08:56:23 AM »

Nice tree!

Too early for me though. Ours won't go up until one week before christmas. I remember in the old days it wouldn't go up until the night before.
Times sure has changed  Smile
3mnkids

« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2010, 10:10:41 AM »

Its very nice.  Thumbup   I'll put ours up shortly but it wont be as nice as yours. Im not much of a decorator and packing my ornaments and tree means throwing everything in one box. Hopefully a few ornaments survived.  Lookingup

There's no worse feeling than that millisecond you're sure you are going to die after leaning your chair back a little too far~ ruminations
Criswell
i got better
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2010, 07:57:50 PM »

Wow nice tree, We were gonna put ours up today. Ah but we were all just to lazy!

Mr. DS
Master Of Cinematic Bowel Movements
B-Movie Kraken

Get this thread cleaned up or YOU'RE FIRED!!!

« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2010, 08:50:31 PM »

Ours is out too...bleeeecch.  Bluesad

DarkSider's Realm
http://darksidersrealm.blogspot.com/

"You think the honey badger cares?  It doesn't give a sh*t."  Randall
Paquita

« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2010, 12:31:47 AM »

Aw thanks guys!  All trees look nice!  Except the ones that have blinking or chasing lights that are out of sync or half blinking/chasing and half not.. why do people do that?

I get to do 2 trees every year, mine and my mom's.  My mom has all of my grandmother's old ornaments from the family that were given as gifts and made as art projects and stuff, and we always do colored lights for that one, so I get to have the best of both worlds - my super fruity pink tree and my traditional mish-mosh tree!  I love them both!  My mom is probably going to drag her feet on putting hers up until the middle of December.  I just can't wait that long.  

My mom always told me that her family didn't get their tree until the day before Christmas when she was young too.  But then she found out it was because that's when her father got his Christmas bonus and they would go and buy the tree and then make the kids decorate while he went out shopping.

Ours is out too...bleeeecch.  Bluesad

I don't believe you!  You think Christmas is "bleeeecch"!  I'm sure yours is adorable!

Mr. DS
Master Of Cinematic Bowel Movements
B-Movie Kraken

Get this thread cleaned up or YOU'RE FIRED!!!

« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2010, 07:41:05 PM »

Quote from: The DarkSider on November 27, 2010, 08:50:31 PM
Ours is out too...bleeeecch. 

I don't believe you!  You think Christmas is "bleeeecch"!  I'm sure yours is adorable!
My wife does all that.  I avoid it like the plague.  We did see Santa the other day. 

DarkSider's Realm
http://darksidersrealm.blogspot.com/

"You think the honey badger cares?  It doesn't give a sh*t."  Randall
BoyScoutKevin

« Reply #9 on: December 02, 2010, 06:19:22 PM »

Nice one, Paquita. A little old fashioned looking, which I like. Thanks for sharing with the rest of the board. As I live by myself, I don't feel any need to put up a tree, which means after the first of the new year, which is how long my family kept ours up, I don't have the need to take it down. But, driving through the residential area, where I live, I have noticed that some people already have their tree up.

Something else I noticed in the area in which I live, for outdoor lights, people have stopped using colored lights to decorate the outside of their house and gone with lights that are all white. Has anybody else noticed this?

And thanks again, Paquita.
AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #10 on: December 02, 2010, 06:48:46 PM »

Our tree isn't going up until Grandma comes for a visit in about a week. I don't dread the experience as much, now that I've turned my wife to the dark side and convinced her to get an artificial tree. She never fully appreciated how much I hated getting a real tree, because she and Ro would sit and sip hot chocolate next to a campfire while I would walk through hip-deep snow in search of a decent tree the right size, then have to dig it out of the snow, cut it down, drag it back as my extremities go numb from the cold (and the rest of me sweats from the exertion), and finally get it tied up and paid for. I'm also the one who gets to schlep the heavy, prickly, sticky thing around between car, house and finally the curb. And wrap and unwrap what must be about a hundred feet of mini lights. And I get to take the vacuum apart to dislodge the inevitable wad of spruce needles that plugs it up when we have to clean up the mess.

Starting last year, I carry the tree up from the basement, assemble about three pieces, unbend the branches and plug in the pre-installed lights. I love artificial Christmas trees.

---------------------
"Join me in the abyss of savings."
Paquita

« Reply #11 on: December 02, 2010, 10:18:49 PM »

Something else I noticed in the area in which I live, for outdoor lights, people have stopped using colored lights to decorate the outside of their house and gone with lights that are all white. Has anybody else noticed this?

I use white lights on my tree for 3 reasons - they're brighter so I can use the tree as a light source, it makes the colors of the ornaments and such stand out more, and they came with the tree (it's pre-lit).

We use both white and colored lights to decorate my mom's tree and the house.  The white adds brightness and the colored lights are festively delightful.  I used to do all colored lights outside, but I got frustrated because every year a strand or two would go out and I'd have to buy more and the color wouldn't match the older ones, even if it was the same type, the color of the older ones would look faded in comparison.  I don't really have this problem with white lights.

I also suppose that fancier people probably think white lights are more tasteful.  I like them both,  but I'd be sad if everyone stopped using colored lights.  I don't like LED though.. they're kind of an eyesore and too dark, but they're better than nothing!

Our tree isn't going up until Grandma comes for a visit in about a week. I don't dread the experience as much, now that I've turned my wife to the dark side and convinced her to get an artificial tree. She never fully appreciated how much I hated getting a real tree, because she and Ro would sit and sip hot chocolate next to a campfire while I would walk through hip-deep snow in search of a decent tree the right size, then have to dig it out of the snow, cut it down, drag it back as my extremities go numb from the cold (and the rest of me sweats from the exertion), and finally get it tied up and paid for. I'm also the one who gets to schlep the heavy, prickly, sticky thing around between car, house and finally the curb. And wrap and unwrap what must be about a hundred feet of mini lights. And I get to take the vacuum apart to dislodge the inevitable wad of spruce needles that plugs it up when we have to clean up the mess.

What's your point?  BounceGiggle

I really want to go and chop down a real tree one day!  And by that I mean pick out the largest and most awkwardly amazing looking tree and sip hot cocoa by the fire while my husband does all the fun stuff.  We used to just get them from Home Depot, but decided on an artificial since that baby's been around.

I could imagine how difficult it must have been though.  Just from lugging out this fake tree I counted at least 24 tiny cuts and punctures on my hands and I'm sure there are many more that I can't see because it felt like a hundred.
retrorussell
In the town of Valentine Bluffs, there are many ways to die. Take your pick.

Hanniger! I'll be waiting in HELL for you!

« Reply #12 on: December 02, 2010, 10:57:37 PM »

This'll be my first Christmas at my first house.  Haven't thought about a tree yet.  I would rather not, but I'm sure family members would like to come over so I might have to break down and get one.  I just hate the mess.

"O the legend they say, on a Valentine's Day, is a curse that'll live on and on.."
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Tree's up! « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.