Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 10:05:55 AM
713335 Posts in 53056 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Foods That Remind You Of People, Places and Things « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Foods That Remind You Of People, Places and Things  (Read 1529 times)
Mr. DS
Master Of Cinematic Bowel Movements
B-Movie Kraken

Get this thread cleaned up or YOU'RE FIRED!!!

« on: January 22, 2011, 06:34:25 PM »

Aka comfort foods in some sort.  Today I picked up a pack of wintergreen mints.  They're the ones that come in pink or white color and are a little smaller than a quarter. Anyhow, I always think of my Godmother when I see/eat them.  She always had some in a little jar at her house which she usually let me enjoy. 

DarkSider's Realm
http://darksidersrealm.blogspot.com/

"You think the honey badger cares?  It doesn't give a sh*t."  Randall
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2011, 10:45:36 PM »

Stuffed cabbage-glumpkis. Grandma Bonarski.
Meat and beans-my Dad-the only thing he would cook.
Juju Fruits-the Strand Theater in Paw Paw.
Kessler whiskey-Nickoli Siskaninitz,the old Russian farmer I worked for as a kid. The Guy drank Kesslers like water.

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
retrorussell
In the town of Valentine Bluffs, there are many ways to die. Take your pick.
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Hanniger! I'll be waiting in HELL for you!

« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2011, 10:18:58 PM »

Chocolate chip Pop Tarts.  For some reason I made that my snack for 4th of July while watching the fireworks when I was real little.
Chips Ahoy.  I used to take those on camping trips when I was very small.
Cherry Coke.  I get that all the time at work.  I always think back to when it was new, about 1984 or so.  And the jazzed-up commercial, "New Ch-ch-ch-cherry Coke!  Outrageous.. it's out and outrageous!"  Being a kid in the 80s was pretty sweet.

"O the legend they say, on a Valentine's Day, is a curse that'll live on and on.."
The Gravekeeper
addicted to the macabre
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2011, 12:03:25 AM »

I'm always going to think of my boyfriend when I eat squid now. Unfortunately, I'm always going to remember eating the squid he so lovingly prepared and feeling physically ill on and off for the rest of the night.

A much better food for me is shepherd's pie, meat pie, and cipaille. I'm always going to think of home when I have those, and I'm always disappointed with the fact that store-bought versions aren't anywhere near as good. Ah well, at least the shepherd's pie is easy enough for me to make it for myself; meat pie's easy, too, but it makes WAY too much filling for me to handle all at once. Cipaille? Not going to happen anytime soon; I don't have a proper oven and it takes about a day to make properly.
claws
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2011, 01:04:38 AM »

Grilled cheese sandwiches reminds me of the "good old days" of watching video rentals every Saturday night. Usually around midnight we'd rush in the kitchen and make us a few grilled cheeses in between movies. Back then the wrapped plastic cheese we used seemed less yuck.

And speaking of sandwiches, Bologna sandwiches reminds me of my childhood camping trips.
SPazzo
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

My kinda toy...

« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2011, 01:22:11 AM »

Burritos remind me of going to Taco Bell when I was about 6 or 7 after swimming at the YMCA.  My dad would take us there and I would always get a bean burrito.  Best thing ever!  One time, I spilled the insides of the burrito all over my new YMCA shirt.  I was p**sed.  Lookingup
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Foods That Remind You Of People, Places and Things « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.