Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 04:35:54 AM
713389 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Share your scars « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Author Topic: Share your scars  (Read 13217 times)
claws
« on: December 05, 2010, 02:08:00 AM »

When I was 4 or 5 my sisters and me played in our yard. One of my sisters stood on the lawn mower pretending to be a princess while the others pushed the lawn mower.
This was a push-from-behind lawn mower with wheel-driven open cylinder rotary blades.
I was running in front of the mower feeding the blades stems and long grass. And apparently my left middle finger.
The next thing I remember I was sitting on my mothers lap in the emergency room staring at my finger. It was sliced open and peeled like a banana exposing the phalanx (bone). They stitched it back together and yeah, I have a small scar underneath my fingertip as a reminder.
El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2010, 02:47:00 AM »

when I was 11, I got a scar right by my right eye via doing somethin stupid, when the end of a Lacrosse, with no guard, punctured the right side of my right eye, nearly taking out my eyeball! Buggedout 

yeah no.
BTM
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2010, 04:56:45 AM »

I've got a couple.. once when I was about three or so, I feel off the couch and hit my head on the coffee table.  Keep in mind, we had a marble coffee table (well, dunno if it was marble exactly, but some hard substance or another.)  I got a pretty big gash in my head, and had to have stitches.  According to my mom, a police officer was there interviewing me about what happen, and she said I wanted to talk about everything BUT hitting my head.

Then, about a month later I hit it.  Even though I had another (smaller) gash, mom didn't bother to take me to the hospital this time.

BUT wait, there's more!  Years later I went to my first water slide, Lickity-Split in Cape Girardeau, MO (dunno if it's still there).  Unlike a lot of water slides which are fiberglass, this was was essentially blue colored concrete.  Well, one of the big things they liked to do at the slide was have "chains" of people with two or more pads go high up on a certain part of the wall, and sometimes, the person in front would actually go OVER the wall, into God only knows what.  

Even though I had NO idea what was on the other side of the wall (could have been a fifty foot drop for all I knew) I became obsessed with wanting to over it.  (I was 12, I impressed easily back then.)  Well, by sheer coincidence, my older sister's ex-boyfriend happened to be there (he was in high school at the time) and I mentioned my little obsession with him.

He said, "Oh, you want to go over the wall?  I can do that!"  

I'm like, "Sure, sounds great!"

You see, I THOUGHT he knew some way to angle the mat so it would get really high up the wall, but no, that's not what he meant.  What he did was put his feet on my back and try to SHOVE me up the wall.  Well, needless to say, I didn't make it.  I came back down, hit my head and had to (once again) get stitches.  

Other than that, I did enjoy the water slide, but have since wondered what the hell the designers were thinking going with colored concrete... but anyway.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2010, 04:49:51 AM by BTM » Logged

"Some people mature, some just get older." -Andrew Vachss
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2010, 07:05:53 AM »

Mine are many and all are internal:

Abandoned almost after birth by my biological parents who treated me as a piece of unwanted garbage. I would love to meet them again some day in order to make them suffer the way I have. Their treatment of me and the hatred I have for them is the machine that drives me daily.

Adopted by a childless couple who kept me grounded for years and my mom still does.

Lived through a bloody civil war.

Raped and mentally and verbally abused in a boarding school at the age of 16.

Result: one seriously messed up human being. But I cope and have coped for these many years and God willing, I'll continue to cope.  
« Last Edit: December 05, 2010, 07:09:54 AM by Trevor » Logged

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2010, 07:40:48 AM »

When I was a little kid I used to hang out on the neighbor's farm.  We were making hay (harvesting the alfalfa crop), which consisted of taking a tractor and wagon out into the field, picking up the hay bales and taking them back to the barn.  They had a hay elevator

which was powered by the power take off shaft from a tractor.  You put the hay bales on the bottom and it would carry them up to the hay barn (second floor of the barn).  So us kids would ride up the hay elevator to get to the hay barn, where we would grab the bales as they came off the end of the thing and stack them in huge piles.  To this day I still don't remember how it happened, but as I was riding up the thing, I apparently got caught on it and ended up having my legs getting sucked into the top end of it.  Of course it took them 20 or 30 seconds to turn it off.  Then a half hour to get it disassembled to the point where I could be extracted.  Ambulance, several weeks in the hospital, lots of agonizing pain - good rimes!  Now I've got a small, 3/4" diameter scar on each knee.

Other than that, one time I was riding my dirt bike around the barn really fast, but as I came around a corner, I was quite surprised to see the barbed wire gate was closed.  Could have sworn it was open earlier.  Anyhow, hit that thing doing a pretty good speed.  Got a small  scar on my right middle finger from that.

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
Olivia Bauer

« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2010, 09:16:20 AM »

After sitting down for a few hours watching "Annie" I got sick of sitting around and went for a walk outside. I made my way down the patio stairs when I got distracted by my own thoughts. I was near the bottom when I realized I missed a step. I started falling, but I analyzed the problem quickly and pushed out my right foot to soften the blow. My right foot slammed on the concrete and my body twisted away from my foot. I fell over in pain. I tried to move myself and crawl up the stairs but my ankle hurt too much. Right next to me was a pool of rocks under the patio. I grabbed rocks and chucked them at the side of the house screaming for my sister. I was out there for about three minutes screaming and tossing rocks until she finally came out to investigate weird noises. She pulled me into the house.

The ankle never fully healed. I spent several weeks in a wheelchair. Unfortunately I had trouble getting from class to class. I lacked the upper-body strength the move the wheels. It got so bad all my teachers released me a few minutes early. A para from my special-ed class (Asperger's syndrome. Never talk to me about it. I'll give you negative karma if you bring it up.)  was supposed to come for me to move me from class to class. But the dumb [Expletive Deleted] got distracted and never came for me sometimes. It was more than once too. Luckily I ran into random nice people in the hallway who would push me to the elevator.

Today the ankle hurts randomly. Sometimes I'm fine and other times the pain comes back. I received this wound last year going on two years ago.

indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2010, 09:23:58 AM »

When I was 11, my next door neighbor caught me a bullfrog.  Mom didn't want it in the house, so I moved my 10 gallon aquarium outside, filled it half full of water, put the frog in it, and covered it.  Next day I came home from school to realize I had put Mr. Froggy on the WEST side of the house, where the afternoon sun was threatening to turn him into frog soup.  I grabbed the frog and put him in my Dad's minnow bucket, then picked up the tank - water and all - and tried to carry it around to the other side of the house.  Of course, it was tremendously heavy with all that water in it, and a few yards into the carry, I punched my knee through the side of the tank, slashing a vicious gash right across my kneecap.  I dropped the tank and ran inside, but no one else was home yet.  So I wrapped a towel around my leg and watchd cartoons till my sister got home.  She looked at my knee and said "Oh, gross!  You bled all over the carpet!" and went to listen to her stereo. (Sis and I never were that close!)  Then my Mom came in, saw my leg, freaked, CARRIED me to the car, and took me to the ER.  It took about four people to hold me down while they injected my leg with something to numb the pain.  But then I sat and watched with great interest as they sewed up the gash on my knww.  Fourteen outside stitches, and more on the inside - it had sliced clean down to the kneecap.  For the next two weeks I charged my classmates a quarter each to take off the bandage and let them look at the wound as it healed.

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
Doggett
Bustin' makes me feel good !

I've seen things you people couldn't imagine...

« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2010, 09:27:17 AM »

No scars.
No serious illnesses.

No hospital or GP visits

Its weird, I'm as fit as a fiddle and I've never seen, or even registered, with a Doctor in my life.

If God exists, why did he make me an atheist? Thats His first mistake.
Umaril The Unfeathered

Pelinal na vasha, racuvar! Sa yando tyavoy nagaia!

« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2010, 01:42:02 PM »

1995:

I was working on a PVC vinyl model kit of Hellaiser's Pinhead. I had heated the vinly (sorry, that's vinyl)  too hot and it was too soft, and when I went to cut it with a modelling knife, I applied too much force.

The result, was that the knife went right thru the vinyl, AND the palm of my left hand. I sliced it wide open and it looked like I had an open mouth underneath the pinkie of my left hand.  I could see everything inside the wound, which I then had seen extended from my left ring finger to my pinkie.

Freak out time.. Buggedout

I bled like a motherf*cker until I got to the hospital for 12 stitches.  My mom, as always, was totally hysterical until it was all solved.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2010, 02:27:53 PM by Umaril The Unfeathered » Logged

Tam-Riel na nou Sancremath.
Dawn's Beauty is our shining home.

An varlais, nou bala, an kynd, nou latta.
The stars are our power, the sky is our light.

Malatu na nou karan.
Truth is our armor.

Malatu na bala
Truth is power.

Heca, Pellani! Agabaiyane Ehlnadaya!
Be gone, outsiders! I do not fear your mortal gods!

Auri-El na nou ata, ye A, Umaril, an Aran!
Aure-El is our father, and I, Umaril, the king!
3mnkids

« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2010, 01:44:08 PM »

I've got a bunch

Scar on my wrist from putting my hand through a glass storm door when I was 2. Almost 40 yrs later and I can still see where they put the stitches. It looks like I tried to kill myself   Lookingup

One inch scar on my forehead from a bobcat my neighbors had tied up their yard. I was 3 and curious.

Scar down the center of my nose from a hit and run accident when I was 6. I was on the handle bars of my cousins bike when we were hit. I slid down the gravel road on my face. I have two small scars on my elbows from the same accident. They never found the driver.

Horseshoe shaped scar right by my eye. I was in a car accident and I hit the corner of the rear view mirror. Spent almost two weeks in the hospital with a concussion and other various issues.

C-section scar... luckily the Dr. cut in the same place all three times so it doesn't look that bad.

Scar on my arm from a hot cookie sheet pan. Dont ask    Lookingup

There's no worse feeling than that millisecond you're sure you are going to die after leaning your chair back a little too far~ ruminations
The Gravekeeper
addicted to the macabre
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #10 on: December 05, 2010, 01:44:17 PM »

I've been bitten, kicked, thrown off of, rolled on, and even headbutted by horses, bitten by dogs, attacked by various house and barn cats, and you know what? I don't have a single scar from any of those incidents! Even when they drew blood and left wounds that took weeks to heal! Nooo...I have to go and get scarred from accidentally burning myself getting cookies out of the oven or scraping against something.
Umaril The Unfeathered

Pelinal na vasha, racuvar! Sa yando tyavoy nagaia!

« Reply #11 on: December 05, 2010, 01:49:58 PM »

I've got a bunch

Scar on my wrist from putting my hand through a glass storm door when I was 2. Almost 40 yrs later and I can still see where they put the stitches. It looks like I tried to kill myself   Lookingup

One inch scar on my forehead from a bobcat my neighbors had tied up their yard. I was 3 and curious.

Scar down the center of my nose from a hit and run accident when I was 6. I was on the handle bars of my cousins bike when we were hit. I slid down the gravel road on my face. I have two small scars on my elbows from the same accident. They never found the driver.

Horseshoe shaped scar right by my eye. I was in a car accident and I hit the corner of the rear view mirror. Spent almost two weeks in the hospital with a concussion and other various issues.

C-section scar... luckily the Dr. cut in the same place all three times so it doesn't look that bad.

Scar on my arm from a hot cookie sheet pan. Dont ask    Lookingup

WOW, you've been one busy lady! 

Makes the rest of us pale in comparison. God bless ya'!   Buggedout

Tam-Riel na nou Sancremath.
Dawn's Beauty is our shining home.

An varlais, nou bala, an kynd, nou latta.
The stars are our power, the sky is our light.

Malatu na nou karan.
Truth is our armor.

Malatu na bala
Truth is power.

Heca, Pellani! Agabaiyane Ehlnadaya!
Be gone, outsiders! I do not fear your mortal gods!

Auri-El na nou ata, ye A, Umaril, an Aran!
Aure-El is our father, and I, Umaril, the king!
Couchtr26

« Reply #12 on: December 05, 2010, 02:02:17 PM »

Not much, the only real one I don't even remember.  It is on my left arm and about 3 inches long.  It has been there as long as I have been around as far as I know. 

Ah, the good old days.
Mr. DS
Master Of Cinematic Bowel Movements
B-Movie Kraken

Get this thread cleaned up or YOU'RE FIRED!!!

« Reply #13 on: December 05, 2010, 08:52:30 PM »

1.) One on my forehead where I received 12 to 13 stitches when I was 2.  I had tripped over some clothes in my brother's bedroom and smashed my forehead on his nightstand.  Oddly I still recall the doctor sewing me up and yelling at me to "shut up".  

2.) Right leg from a bug bite that I received a few years ago.  It was immensely swelled and I had to go on a few meds for it.  It left a black mark on my calve, not sure why.  

3.) It has faded a bit but I used to have a nice one on my elbow from falling off an alpine slide.

4.) I have a few on my arms which I received from my oven.  I always seem to miscalculate it's height.  My wife doesn't too so I don't feel as stupid.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2010, 08:55:55 PM by The DarkSider » Logged

DarkSider's Realm
http://darksidersrealm.blogspot.com/

"You think the honey badger cares?  It doesn't give a sh*t."  Randall
retrorussell
In the town of Valentine Bluffs, there are many ways to die. Take your pick.

Hanniger! I'll be waiting in HELL for you!

« Reply #14 on: December 05, 2010, 10:02:25 PM »

I was 12 or 13 when one day my little brother was swinging a baseball bat.  He let go and it collided with my skull.  I had to go inside the house and let my stepmom know and I started dripping blood everywhere.  The neighbor was talking with her and almost passed out when she saw my bloody head.  Got 5 stitches and you can still see the scar on the top of my head (easier to see now that I've lost most of my hair on top).

"O the legend they say, on a Valentine's Day, is a curse that'll live on and on.."
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Share your scars « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.