Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 08:45:21 AM
713331 Posts in 53056 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Share your scars « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Author Topic: Share your scars  (Read 13202 times)
BTM
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #15 on: December 06, 2010, 04:58:53 AM »

Oh, yeah, I also cut my thumb open with a band saw.  It was in shop class in 7th class and was doing a particularly tough piece of wood.  I'd made the mistake of having my thumb in the wrong place when the piece I was working abruptly went through.  Got about six or so stitches from that. 

Before that I kind of enjoyed working in shop class, but after that I lost my interesting in playing around with sharp things.

"Some people mature, some just get older." -Andrew Vachss
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #16 on: December 06, 2010, 06:37:45 AM »

Mine are many and all are internal:

Abandoned almost after birth by my biological parents who treated me as a piece of unwanted garbage. I would love to meet them again some day in order to make them suffer the way I have. Their treatment of me and the hatred I have for them is the machine that drives me daily.

Adopted by a childless couple who kept me grounded for years and my mom still does.

Lived through a bloody civil war.

Raped and mentally and verbally abused in a boarding school at the age of 16.

Result: one seriously messed up human being. But I cope and have coped for these many years and God willing, I'll continue to cope.  

For having such a terrifying chilhood...you turned out to be a really nice guy.

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #17 on: December 06, 2010, 06:48:38 AM »

I have a scar on my chin when I ate a sterring wheel in a truck wreck in 1985.
A scar on my knee from same wreck.
A ciggette burn on the back of my left hand from a dumb bet involving a 5 dollar bill.
A round scar on my left wrist from falling into a bon fire in 1981 (a hot nail inna board).
A scar between my thumb and fore finger from trying to open a can of chili with a buck knife in 1994.

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #18 on: December 06, 2010, 07:13:38 AM »

Thanks man *HUG*  Smile

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #19 on: December 06, 2010, 09:53:02 AM »

I have a small scar in one ear from hitting a coffee table while wrestling with my brother. I was in about Grade 3 at the time. The coffee table was one my dad built a couple of years earlier, specifically because we kept wrecking the flimsy coffee table in the rec room. This one was made from 2x8 lumber, joined with four-inch spikes, then sanded and finished. Very modern looking, and virtually indestructible, so when I collided with it, the table didn't budge.

I've got a large zipper scar up both sides of my right ankle, from having a broken tibia and fibula plated on New Years Day in the early 90s. The irony is I didn't do much on New Years Eve, wasn't particularly intoxicated, and a friend and I were walking back to my place with a pizza when I slipped on a patch of ice. I spent the night in Emergency (which is a lively place in the wee hours of Jan. 1), and a good part of New Years Day either in surgery or under anaesthetic. The weird thing was, I shared a hospital room with a guy who had the exact same injury the night before, from slipping on ice. It was just on the other leg. They told me there were actually three of us, but I never met the other guy.

I also have a small scar on my forehead from an outdoor party about 12 years ago. I was pretty drunk, went to find my beer cooler, flipped over it in the dark and hit my head on a rock.

---------------------
"Join me in the abyss of savings."
Umaril The Unfeathered

Pelinal na vasha, racuvar! Sa yando tyavoy nagaia!

« Reply #20 on: December 06, 2010, 11:13:18 AM »

Indeed, he DID turn out to be a pretty cool guy!  I'll drink to that one  Cheers

Thanks man *HUG*  Smile

Very cool!  Smile

Tam-Riel na nou Sancremath.
Dawn's Beauty is our shining home.

An varlais, nou bala, an kynd, nou latta.
The stars are our power, the sky is our light.

Malatu na nou karan.
Truth is our armor.

Malatu na bala
Truth is power.

Heca, Pellani! Agabaiyane Ehlnadaya!
Be gone, outsiders! I do not fear your mortal gods!

Auri-El na nou ata, ye A, Umaril, an Aran!
Aure-El is our father, and I, Umaril, the king!
Umaril The Unfeathered

Pelinal na vasha, racuvar! Sa yando tyavoy nagaia!

« Reply #21 on: December 06, 2010, 11:20:36 AM »

Another scar  I have is on what is left of my left thumb. The left side of my left thumb was lopped off back in the 80's, when I was cutting carrots with a huge knife.

Not realizing my thumb was there, I pushed down and felt the pain, and saw blood literaly running out of my left thumb, with the piece I cut off laying on the board among the carrot slices.

Noone believed me because of my prior history of practical jokes, but many a face turned white as a sheet when they saw what happened.

I saturated 3 washrags trying to stop the blood.  Trip to the ER, some Betadine solution and a tetanus shot, and a month or so,  and eventually it all grew back.

Problem now is, it's all callous and that side of my thumb feels like it's made of iron.
This was one of the more serious incidents of my youth.

Tam-Riel na nou Sancremath.
Dawn's Beauty is our shining home.

An varlais, nou bala, an kynd, nou latta.
The stars are our power, the sky is our light.

Malatu na nou karan.
Truth is our armor.

Malatu na bala
Truth is power.

Heca, Pellani! Agabaiyane Ehlnadaya!
Be gone, outsiders! I do not fear your mortal gods!

Auri-El na nou ata, ye A, Umaril, an Aran!
Aure-El is our father, and I, Umaril, the king!
BTM

« Reply #22 on: December 07, 2010, 03:06:44 AM »

No scars.
No serious illnesses.

No hospital or GP visits

Its weird, I'm as fit as a fiddle and I've never seen, or even registered, with a Doctor in my life.

Ahh, well, lucky you!

(coughwussycough)

Flick James

Honorary Bastard of Arts

« Reply #23 on: December 07, 2010, 02:07:10 PM »

I have a small scar on my left wrist, and happens to be in a place that would suggest I once tried to do myself in. Not the case, but it looks like it. It was a simple vegetable-cutting error, due in part to the hazards associated with using a dull knife. I managed to stop the bleeding right about the time I was deciding the emergency room might be warranted.

Other than that, no scars or broken bones. Surprising considering some of the stupid s**t I pulled on a bicycle as a boy.

I don't always talk about bad movies, but when I do, I prefer badmovies.org
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #24 on: December 07, 2010, 10:25:00 PM »

It was my right thumb... crushed in a door jamb, but it works fine.  
Otherwise, I have two head scars and two abdominal scars and one each of those were bad.  
« Last Edit: December 07, 2010, 10:34:58 PM by Allhallowsday » Logged

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #25 on: December 08, 2010, 09:04:55 AM »

Almost forgot the vaguely triangular burn scar on my one forearm. Lifted up a lawnmower right after using it and forgot about the hot muffler. Ow.

---------------------
Olivia Bauer

« Reply #26 on: December 08, 2010, 07:04:43 PM »

Almost forgot the vaguely triangular burn scar on my one forearm. Lifted up a lawnmower right after using it and forgot about the hot muffler. Ow.

I burn myself all the time.

Mr. DS
Master Of Cinematic Bowel Movements
B-Movie Kraken

Get this thread cleaned up or YOU'RE FIRED!!!

« Reply #27 on: December 08, 2010, 08:48:52 PM »

I burn myself all the time.
That happened to my brother.  I learned my lesson hearing him scream.

DarkSider's Realm
http://darksidersrealm.blogspot.com/

"You think the honey badger cares?  It doesn't give a sh*t."  Randall
AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #28 on: December 09, 2010, 10:39:50 AM »

I rate all burns against a friend of mine who dumped a whole fryer full of hot grease on his feet while working at a KFC in high school. At that time, throwing out the old grease involved lifting the pan right out of the fryer and lugging it across the parking lot to dump it. The really insidious thing about grease is it clings to you and keeps on burning. Soaked right through his shoes and socks and pantlegs. As he described it, the pain was so intense he blacked out pretty quickly, and has very little recollection of what happened between the accident and the hospital. According to the girl working the counter, he mostly yelled profanities at passers-by until help arrived. For weeks, he was changing dressings several times a day, and going through ointment by the tub. His feet were something to see, I can tell you.

---------------------
BTM

« Reply #29 on: January 08, 2011, 02:18:00 AM »

I rate all burns against a friend of mine who dumped a whole fryer full of hot grease on his feet while working at a KFC in high school. At that time, throwing out the old grease involved lifting the pan right out of the fryer and lugging it across the parking lot to dump it. The really insidious thing about grease is it clings to you and keeps on burning. Soaked right through his shoes and socks and pantlegs. As he described it, the pain was so intense he blacked out pretty quickly, and has very little recollection of what happened between the accident and the hospital. According to the girl working the counter, he mostly yelled profanities at passers-by until help arrived. For weeks, he was changing dressings several times a day, and going through ointment by the tub. His feet were something to see, I can tell you.

DAMN!  Can't imagine how painful that must have been. 

Were his shoes like melted into his skin or anything?  Was he able to walk for awhile afterward or did he have to use crutches or something?

Man, just thinking about that makes me shudder.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Share your scars « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.