Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 08:23:23 AM
713331 Posts in 53056 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Share your scars « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
Author Topic: Share your scars  (Read 13200 times)
Killer Bees
Newly Appointed Government Employee and
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Never give up on love

« Reply #45 on: January 11, 2011, 03:14:52 AM »

Trevor, I'm very happy to hear that your sense of self worth is improving.  It's quite liberating when you realise that you don't have to be what some rotten SOB says you are.  You can be who or whatever you want, good or bad.  Life is all a choice.  And if someone says you are a wonderful person it's because you are.  No proof required.

For what it's worth, I am very proud of you for keeping body and soul together and for soldiering on in spite of all the rotten things you've been through.  It just goes to show you that you are a wonderful man with much to offer the world.  You've certainly kept me going over the years when I was having a hard time in my life.  Even if I never said anything.  This website is a great community of hilarious conversations, crazy posters and eye opening information.

How do I know all these things?  I'm a woman and we know everything.  Just ask anyone.   TeddyR    TeddyR    TeddyR    TeddyR

Flower, gleam and glow
Let your power shine
Make the clock reverse
Bring back what once was mine
Heal what has been hurt
Change the fates' design
Save what has been lost
Bring back what once was mine
What once was mine.......
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #46 on: January 11, 2011, 03:31:20 AM »

Trevor, I'm very happy to hear that your sense of self worth is improving.  

My sense of self worth is improving but my undies are deteriorating. Rapidly.  Buggedout Buggedout Wink

For what it's worth, I am very proud of you for keeping body and soul together and for soldiering on in spite of all the rotten things you've been through.  It just goes to show you that you are a wonderful man with much to offer the world.  You've certainly kept me going over the years when I was having a hard time in my life.  

Awwww........ *HUG*  Smile Smile

If you want a laugh, read my reviews of City of The Living Dead and The Protector: I had fun writing those.  TeddyR

This website is a great community of hilarious conversations, crazy posters and eye opening information.

Thumbup Thumbup This is more than a website community: this is a family.

Aaaaannnnnnnnddddd........... another hug for you.  Smile

How do I know all these things?  I'm a woman and we know everything.  Just ask anyone.   TeddyR    TeddyR    TeddyR    TeddyR

Amen, sister!  TeddyR
« Last Edit: January 11, 2011, 03:33:41 AM by Trevor » Logged

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
Newt
Mostly Harmless. Mostly.

I want to be Ripley when I grow up.

« Reply #47 on: January 11, 2011, 03:54:18 PM »

I don't have many visible scars, and my emotional/psychological ones are hardly worth mentioning in present company.

I do have changes to my bones.  I was not even aware of most of it (as in I did not know how much damage I had done at the time, since no out-and-out fractures were involved): then I had x-rays done of my shoulders (for another condition) and the orthopaedic surgeon who looked at the films began 'reading' my history of injuries to me... Buggedout  I've had my share of falls, wrenches and bumps.  (I break and train horses for a living).  As long as everything continues to work just fine, I don't want to know what tales the rest of me tell!

"May I offer you a Peek Frean?" - Walter Bishop
"Thank you for appreciating my descent into deviant behavior, Mr. Reese." - Harold Finch
AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #48 on: January 11, 2011, 04:37:25 PM »

As far as bones go, I have quite a bit of metal in my right ankle from the break I mentioned previously. A long plate, a lot of screws and maybe a pin or two. I still have copies of the xrays stashed somewhere, showing the whole thing. You can just faintly make out the Phillips heads on the screws.

---------------------
"Join me in the abyss of savings."
Cthulhu

« Reply #49 on: January 13, 2011, 05:53:18 PM »

I can't share my scars.
It would make me easier to identify after the murders start.

What?
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #50 on: January 13, 2011, 06:18:51 PM »

I can't share my scars.

What?

What? What indeed. What? Your not serious,I pray.  Bluesad

I say this because I have a brother in law (Leroy-who shot a guy with a 12 gauge-killed him) who is in prison for murder-and my step brother is (as yet uncaught) a serial killer. Its not something I am proud of. But it is a fact. I shouldnt even be talking about this-Dad and his wife wont even talk to me now because I had the idiocy to state it on Facebook when I was drunk...but it is true. Me and my brothers and my sister...and my Dad know it....but I advertisted it on Facebook...but my brothers stand by me....and so does my sister...but I succsedded in alienating Dad from me...again. Dam. But fact is-I love you guys-I feel like you are family. When Tara was dying-you were there. I can tell you guys anything. And I have. And I will. You love me-and I love you. I can talk to you. You dont judge me too harshly. I didnt ask for this life....Im just trying to understand why. And you guys help. More then you know.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2011, 06:37:01 PM by RCMerchant » Logged

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Cthulhu

« Reply #51 on: January 13, 2011, 06:40:25 PM »

I can't share my scars.

What?

I say this because I have a brother in law (Leroy-who shot a guy with a 12 gauge-killed him) who is in prison for murder-and my step brother is (as yet uncaught) a serial killer. Its not something I am proud of. But it is a fact. I shouldnt even be talking about this-Dad and his wife wont even talk to me now because I had the idiocy to state it on Facebook when I was drunk...but it is true. Me and my brothers and my sister...and my Dad know it....but I advertisted it on Facebook...but my brothers stand by me....and so does my sister...but I succsedded in alienating Dad from me...again. Dam. But fact is-I love you guys-I feel like you are family. When Tara was dying-you were there. I can tell you guys anything. And I have. And I will. You love me-and I love you. I can talk to you. You dont judge me too harshly. I didnt ask for this life....Im just trying to understand why. And you guys help. More then you know.
Oh, s**t.
I'm so sorry.
It was just a morbid joke, I didn't want to offend anybody.
Especially not you.
I'm sorry, again.
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #52 on: January 13, 2011, 06:45:24 PM »

I can't share my scars.

What?

Oh, s**t.
I'm so sorry.
Especially not you.
I'm sorry, again.

No offense taken. Im just glad you were joking. I wouldnt wish that kinda thing on anybody.Sorry I took it so seriously. Hit a sore spot,I guess. IM sorry. Yer a good guy. I didnt mean to make you feel like you did someting wrong. You didnt. Im really sorry-yer a good guy-my own demons-again-I am sorry for venting. Not on you-its all about me-my own personal demons. I should have recognized it for the black humor comment it was meant to be. Sorry.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2011, 06:57:48 PM by RCMerchant » Logged

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Cthulhu

« Reply #53 on: January 14, 2011, 07:00:19 AM »

I can't share my scars.

What?

Oh, s**t.
I'm so sorry.
Especially not you.
I'm sorry, again.

No offense taken. Im just glad you were joking. I wouldnt wish that kinda thing on anybody.Sorry I took it so seriously. Hit a sore spot,I guess. IM sorry. Yer a good guy. I didnt mean to make you feel like you did someting wrong. You didnt. Im really sorry-yer a good guy-my own demons-again-I am sorry for venting. Not on you-its all about me-my own personal demons. I should have recognized it for the black humor comment it was meant to be. Sorry.
Let's just say we're both sorry.
You're a good guy too! Cheers
LilCerberus
A Very Bad Person, overweight bald guy with a missing tooth, and

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

« Reply #54 on: January 23, 2011, 10:31:12 PM »

When I was a little boy, I got lost at a museum on a family trip. I made my way to the front office to let them know I was lost, when I suddenly felt this sharp pain shooting down my left arm. It turns out, it was my father, dragging me away & cursing me out in his favorite drunken guttural tone.

I've been having pain in my left arm ever since.

When I was 21, I fell off my motorbike. I only remember hitting my head on the right side, so I'm not sure how my left shoulder got dinged up, but I've still got the scar from the road rash. And, of course, pain in my left arm.

Years of working in factories at a frenetic pace that athletes, bodybuilders & even ex marines couldn't handle, left me with many pulled muscles & worn out joint, particularly in my left arm.

Every time a doctor puts a blood pressure sleeve on me, all the bad memories come back, & the they tell me my blood pressure's way too high.

Last January, doctors told me I had a heart attack, but I'm pretty confident it was just a stomach bug. So Anyway, I'm told I need to worry about my heart now.

Nowadays, whenever I get any pain in my left arm, I just can't be 100% sure just what it might be.

"Science Fiction & Nostalgia have become the same thing!" - T Bone Burnett
The world runs off money, even for those with a warped sense of what the world is.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Share your scars « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.