Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 03:07:51 PM
714241 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7736 Members
Latest Member: ShayneGree
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  The Definitive Worst/Most Unwarranted Sequels Of All Time List « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Author Topic: The Definitive Worst/Most Unwarranted Sequels Of All Time List  (Read 14779 times)
ChocolateChipCharlie
Bad Movie Lover

Oh my my, my Mitchell...

« Reply #30 on: December 07, 2010, 03:38:34 PM »

Blues Brothers 2000 and Ghost Busters 2.

I remember how lame Dan Akroyd looked out promoting both of those blasphemous stinkers.
I mean, the originals were classics that were filled with memorable moments and great one liners and to have them turned into such crap was just sad.

Don't talk bad about my Dan!  Hatred

Ghostbusters 2 wasn't bad at all, it has Max Von Sydow!

That's not Max Von Sydow, it's one ah them terrorists from Die Hard!  :)

GB2 also has Peter Macnichol, which is enough for just all any ridiculous movie needs.

And the Howling 2 was just hilarious in every way.  If I were teaching a Bad Movies 101 class, that would definitely be in the syllabus. 

Nonsensical sequel connection to original movie?  Check.
Scotch-tape-and-aluminum-sheeting-caliber special effects?  Check.
Complete lack of any logical carryover?  Check.
Complete lack of any logic from point to point within the same movie?  Check.
Christopher Lee?  Check.
The very worst actors alive to drag Christopher Lee down into the wolf-jobbing, blouse-tearing, eye-exploding muck?  Check.
Massive, comical amounts of gratuitous wolf nudity?  Check.
Terrible 80's theme music, including multiple appearances by the terrible 80's band themselves?  Check.
Etc.

What a great movie.
Chainsawmidget
« Reply #31 on: December 09, 2010, 01:35:41 AM »

Anybody mention America Psycho 2 or Carrie 2 yet?
Nukie 2
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I did it all for the...

« Reply #32 on: December 09, 2010, 10:55:18 AM »

Grease 2!

I actually like that one more.

Well, they HAD to make Grease 2. There were so many unanswered questions from the first one.

Funniest comment I've seen today!

Another terrible sequel I'd say is Ghoulies II.

Monster A Go-go 2 was pretty terrible as well.

Watch Nukie on YouTube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wab1Y713tN0
"Like" International Fans of the Movie Nukie and Sias Odendaal on Facebook!
http://www.facebook.com/pages/International-Fans-of-the-Movie-Nukie-and-Sias-Odendaal/135820159771783
Nukie 2

I did it all for the...

« Reply #33 on: December 09, 2010, 10:56:46 AM »

ROCK AND ROLL HIGH SCHOOL FOREVER was plain embarassing.

Naht uh! Why? They really made a sequel to that?

Watch Nukie on YouTube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wab1Y713tN0
"Like" International Fans of the Movie Nukie and Sias Odendaal on Facebook!
http://www.facebook.com/pages/International-Fans-of-the-Movie-Nukie-and-Sias-Odendaal/135820159771783
Trekkie313
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #34 on: December 09, 2010, 12:27:41 PM »

Blues Brothers 2000 and Ghost Busters 2.

I remember how lame Dan Akroyd looked out promoting both of those blasphemous stinkers.
I mean, the originals were classics that were filled with memorable moments and great one liners and to have them turned into such crap was just sad.

Don't talk bad about my Dan!  Hatred

Ghostbusters 2 wasn't bad at all, it has Max Von Sydow!

That's not Max Von Sydow, it's one ah them terrorists from Die Hard!  :)

GB2 also has Peter Macnichol, which is enough for just all any ridiculous movie needs.

You think I can't tell who Max Von Sydow is, I'm offended....prepare to duel!
The voice is, he did all the voice acting for Wilhelm Von Homburg, Homburg was pretty p**sed much how Darth Vader was done.
El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« Reply #35 on: December 09, 2010, 07:46:29 PM »

now imagine sitting through both, on the SAME DAY, RIGHT AFTER EACH OTHER! (tell me again why I watch CGI babies again?)

yeah no.
ulthar

I AM serious, and stop calling me Shirley

« Reply #36 on: December 09, 2010, 07:50:04 PM »

Well, I have not seen it (yet?), but BEYOND THE POSEIDON ADVENTURE (1979) looks pretty needless...did Irwin Allan run out of back drops for disaster films so that he had to recycle them just to crank out another movie?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Professor Hathaway:  I noticed you stopped stuttering.
Bodie:      I've been giving myself shock treatments.
Professor Hathaway: Up the voltage.

--Real Genius
Raffine

« Reply #37 on: December 10, 2010, 04:37:48 AM »

Well, I have not seen it (yet?), but BEYOND THE POSEIDON ADVENTURE (1979) looks pretty needless...did Irwin Allan run out of back drops for disaster films so that he had to recycle them just to crank out another movie?

I tried to watch this a few years ago. I can honestly say I remember absolutely nothing about it.

If you're an Andy Milligan fan there's no hope for you.
AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #38 on: December 10, 2010, 11:12:47 AM »

I tried to watch this a few years ago. I can honestly say I remember absolutely nothing about it.

I actually own it on VHS and I can't remember anything except that Telly Savalas was trying to steal something from the ship...I think. It had Telly Savalas in it. That much I know.

As a follow-up to The Poseidon Adventure, it fell far short. In this case, there did not have to be a morning after.

On the subject of 70s disaster movies, I was watching The Concorde: Airport '79 on TV last weekend, and Rowan took an interest. Normally, I would turn something like that off, but it was almost over. It was at the point where the plane had just been damaged by the hatch opening in midair, and all that was left was the belly landing in the alps. She was interested, and there was nothing really bad left (well one thing), so we watched it together. She was on the edge of her seat the whole time, and kept asking if something scary was going to happen. I told her it would be exciting, but not really scary. Really, the scariest thing in the movie is the George Kennedy sex scene, and that was over. Anyway, she loved the movie, or at least what she saw of it. And fortunately, I had some recollection of how it ended, and had paused the PVR earlier, so when it came time for Robert Wagner to blow his brains out, I just jumped ahead a couple of seconds.

Ro is at that age where I'm just itching to introduce her to some of the movies I liked as a kid. There are still a few ideas she needs to understand better to really appreciate them, and some still have maybe a little too much violence and death (Star Wars, for example), but I think there are a few she might get a kick out of if I was there to answer questions. I'm thinking she might be ready for Fantastic Voyage.

---------------------
"Join me in the abyss of savings."
ulthar

I AM serious, and stop calling me Shirley

« Reply #39 on: December 10, 2010, 08:01:42 PM »

Ro is at that age where I'm just itching to introduce her to some of the movies I liked as a kid. There are still a few ideas she needs to understand better to really appreciate them, and some still have maybe a little too much violence and death (Star Wars, for example), but I think there are a few she might get a kick out of if I was there to answer questions. I'm thinking she might be ready for Fantastic Voyage.

How old is she again?

My children have been watching STAR WARS since they could watch movies.  Rightly or wrongly...it did not freak them out, even when they were very young.

We've also watched IT CAME FROM BENEATH THE SEA and other similar era films, to great entertainment.  I was careful to emphasize the 'make-believe' part.  They both love stuff like that, and my daughter and I got into doing stop motion (and other camera trickery) with the cam corder, just to show her 'what you see is not necessarily real.'

My son, now 5, constantly asks, 'is that real' when we watch stuff.  He's busy sorting it out for himself that people pretending to be mean, or fx that look scary are just part of the fun of movies.  Still, though, he anthropomorphizes just about everything, even animations.  It's pretty fun.

I'm not trying to 'preach' to you at all; I'm just saying my little ones have shared the joy of fx movies with me for several years and it seems to neither unduly harm them long term or lessen their participation in the fantasy aspects.  My daughter self-regulates when something is scary to her - she either covers her eyes or runs out of the room and meekly asks, "is it over yet?"    Smile

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Professor Hathaway:  I noticed you stopped stuttering.
Bodie:      I've been giving myself shock treatments.
Professor Hathaway: Up the voltage.

--Real Genius
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #40 on: December 11, 2010, 09:42:46 AM »

No Ramones. Cory Feldman!!!!!  Buggedout

Small | Large

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« Reply #41 on: December 11, 2010, 10:06:43 AM »

What, There's a friggen Sequel???!!!!?!?!?! Buggedout Bluesad

yeah no.
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #42 on: December 11, 2010, 10:11:38 AM »

What, There's a friggen Sequel???!!!!?!?!?! Buggedout Bluesad
Dooule WHAT!?!?!?! Buggedout Buggedout Buggedout

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #43 on: December 11, 2010, 10:34:12 AM »

How old is she again?

My children have been watching STAR WARS since they could watch movies.  Rightly or wrongly...it did not freak them out, even when they were very young.

We've also watched IT CAME FROM BENEATH THE SEA and other similar era films, to great entertainment.  I was careful to emphasize the 'make-believe' part.  They both love stuff like that, and my daughter and I got into doing stop motion (and other camera trickery) with the cam corder, just to show her 'what you see is not necessarily real.'

My son, now 5, constantly asks, 'is that real' when we watch stuff.  He's busy sorting it out for himself that people pretending to be mean, or fx that look scary are just part of the fun of movies.  Still, though, he anthropomorphizes just about everything, even animations.  It's pretty fun.

I'm not trying to 'preach' to you at all; I'm just saying my little ones have shared the joy of fx movies with me for several years and it seems to neither unduly harm them long term or lessen their participation in the fantasy aspects.  My daughter self-regulates when something is scary to her - she either covers her eyes or runs out of the room and meekly asks, "is it over yet?"    Smile

Ro is five. I'm mostly concerned because she is kind of a sensitive kid, and tends to empathize a lot with the characters. She's been very reluctant to watch anything that might have "scary" parts, meaning basically any conflict, tension, danger, etc. Lately, the thing we have to keep explaining is that all movies are going to have situations where characters are in danger, in conflict or facing some kind of difficulty, and there is usually going to be a bad guy, because that is what drives the story.

She's moved up to more action-oriented kids' movies, and loved How to Train Your Dragon, which is why I think she might be ready to try something more mature. That, and she's reading well enough to start asking questions about the movie posters on the walls. She still needs to get a handle on the idea of actors playing parts, but she has a pretty good grasp of make-believe. She's watched parts of Godzilla movies since she was about 3, and can tell you it's people in rubber suits stomping on tiny buildings.

The main thing is that I want to show her something she can understand and follow without being too distracted by concern for the characters or questions about details that don't relate to the story. Mind you, when I saw Star Wars at six years old, I don't think I knew what the hell was going on, but it was fun to watch.

---------------------
"Join me in the abyss of savings."
Mr. DS
Master Of Cinematic Bowel Movements
B-Movie Kraken

Get this thread cleaned up or YOU'RE FIRED!!!

« Reply #44 on: December 11, 2010, 02:08:12 PM »

No Ramones. Cory Feldman!!!!!  Buggedout

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0X9CMRt2HhQ

Yep and Feldman was just starting to get into his odd gig as pseudo Michael Jackson clone at the time.

DarkSider's Realm
http://darksidersrealm.blogspot.com/

"You think the honey badger cares?  It doesn't give a sh*t."  Randall
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  The Definitive Worst/Most Unwarranted Sequels Of All Time List « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.