Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 10:14:24 AM
714234 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7736 Members
Latest Member: ShayneGree
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 1 « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 1  (Read 3401 times)
InformationGeek
Leader of the Friends' for Info
B-Movie Site Webmaster
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Let's all be Friends.

« on: December 01, 2010, 08:00:33 PM »

Yours truly has come back from seeing the movie and let me tell you something, it was great.  If you are a Harry Potter fan or have seen just the movies, you will enjoy this.  I would talk about the plot, but that would be a load of spoilers.  Instead, I'll just say s**t hits the fan in this movie and dear God is it dark.

For those of you who have read the book, it is pretty accurate but with a couple of things changed or left out.  Doesn't affect the plot or anything so no worries.  The movie covers up chapter 25 and Part 2 will pick up from there I assume.

I will not say anything more because you have to see it.  I'll just say it's great and leave it at that.  For everyone else, what did you all think?

We live in quite an interesting age. You can tell someone's sexual orientation and level of education from just their interests.
Paquita

« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2010, 10:28:55 PM »

I'll be going to see it soon.  I've read the book, so I don't think anything can spoil it for me, but I just have one question - since its a 2-parter, does the ending leave you hanging?  I assume it does because that's how 2-parters work, but I'm hoping maybe this one is different.  I just hate that abrupt "WHAT HAPPENS NEXT!?" feeling and then not being able to find out for 6 months.  I'm still excited about it though, just not too thrilled about knowing that I may be leaving feeling unsatisfied.
Mr. DS
Master Of Cinematic Bowel Movements
B-Movie Kraken

Get this thread cleaned up or YOU'RE FIRED!!!

« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2010, 10:45:32 PM »

I'm patiently awaiting the first oppourtunity to go see it.  The wife won't let me go without her.  I personally didn't like the book but always felt it could have translated wonderfully to film. 

DarkSider's Realm
http://darksidersrealm.blogspot.com/

"You think the honey badger cares?  It doesn't give a sh*t."  Randall
Olivia Bauer

« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2010, 08:55:19 AM »

I actually checked the rating of this movie on IMDB. If they redo their top 120 highest rated film of all time Harry Potter 7 p.1 will be somewhere in the 200's.

Flick James

Honorary Bastard of Arts

« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2010, 01:48:22 PM »

I saw it opening night and I liked it a lot. I was very pleased because I was disappointed with Half Blood Prince. This was really good and now I'm very much looking forward to Part 2. Exciting, and certainly dark like InfoGeek said, but some surprisingly funny moments as well. The comedy elements in the whole series have always been hit or miss for me, but in this one they almost all worked pretty well and I found myself really cracking up at spots. There were moments that induced heartfelt cheers from the audience as well.

I almost never give a 5 out of 5, and I won't here, but I will gladly give it a 4.9/5.

I don't always talk about bad movies, but when I do, I prefer badmovies.org
10,000 Volt Ghost
Ancient Radiation
Bad Movie Lover

Ancient Radiation

« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2010, 02:48:21 PM »

I went to see DH part 1 on sunday and thought it was extraordinarily boring actually. The 1st 20 or 30 minutes of the movie are kind of exciting but then the rest of the movie they just are traveling.

Also really disliked Half Blood prince.

John Hancock
Flick James

Honorary Bastard of Arts

« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2010, 03:41:21 PM »

I went to see DH part 1 on sunday and thought it was extraordinarily boring actually. The 1st 20 or 30 minutes of the movie are kind of exciting but then the rest of the movie they just are traveling.

Also really disliked Half Blood prince.

I can understand that. It developed slowly at times, but for whatever reason I thought it worked much better than Half-Blood Prince and I really liked it.

10,000 Volt Ghost
Ancient Radiation
Bad Movie Lover

Ancient Radiation

« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2010, 12:55:40 PM »

I didn't really care for Half Blood Prince either. Except for when they found the locket and Elminster used that level 3 fire spell.

I'm expecting deathly hallows part 2 to be a lot better.

The other things I didn't like about part 1 was Moody the whole chase scene in the beginning. Moody, Voldemort and Snapes screen time. Maybe 15 minutes between the three?

I'd love to see another movie with Alan Rickman, Ralph Fiennes and Brendan Gleeson together though, maybe In Bruges part 2.

John Hancock
Flick James

Honorary Bastard of Arts

« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2010, 01:58:36 PM »

I didn't really care for Half Blood Prince either. Except for when they found the locket and Elminster used that level 3 fire spell.

I'm expecting deathly hallows part 2 to be a lot better.

The other things I didn't like about part 1 was Moody the whole chase scene in the beginning. Moody, Voldemort and Snapes screen time. Maybe 15 minutes between the three?

I'd love to see another movie with Alan Rickman, Ralph Fiennes and Brendan Gleeson together though, maybe In Bruges part 2.

In Bruges was a fine film.

El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« Reply #9 on: December 11, 2010, 10:02:47 AM »

***Spoilers Alert***
We know TWO of the Deathly Hallows!

yeah no.
Mr. DS
Master Of Cinematic Bowel Movements
B-Movie Kraken

Get this thread cleaned up or YOU'RE FIRED!!!

« Reply #10 on: December 12, 2010, 09:16:54 PM »

Saw it today and have to say I found it very faithful to source material which was a blessing and a curse.  I'll explain this below but it will be SPOILER laden;

I never liked this book period.  It had so many "WTF" moments for me that the rules of war were just ridiculously weak.  For example, "The Elder Wand" situation just seems silly.  It doesn't matter what wand you have, rather if you disarmed the person who had the power before you.  So technically if I pickpocket your wand I'm the master of the Elder Wand and am invincible as long as I don't get disarmed.  Dumb, just dumb.   Then the fact the Sword Of Gryfindor can show up wherever it wants but seems way to random just frustrates me.  I mean it appeared to Harry during the Basilisk battle but picked a bottom of a pond to hide in...really? Then the Dumbledore "dark side" subplot was just useless to me. But this is all my inner nerdiness shining bright. 

Moving on, the beginning 20 minutes were fantastic.  The meeting of the Deatheaters was wonderfully set in the tension department.  Then the multiple Harry Potter scene that led up to the giant chase is what makes cinema great.  Then unfortunately the wedding hits and the brakes are hit full on for quite a long time of the movie. 

The big three roam from forest to forest and spend most of their time emoting.  (source material) Their infiltration of the Ministry Of Magic seemed horribly rushed to me for some reason.  I know in the book it took up several chapters and there seemed to be more tension there than what came across on screen. Then the troop goes back to pondering what the hell they're going to do next (once again, source material) and technically things don't pick up until they are abducted in the forest.  The ending I thought was a great point to stop and as others have mentioned above, the next film will be epic.  Plot hole filled yes, but epic. 

On a positive note, perhaps the thing I was most impressed with was the CGI in this one.  The advancements from the first film are in fact staggering and the house elves seemed more real to me. The movie's tone is just right and doesn't branch off into goofy humor as many of the prior ones seemed to have done. 

Overall, I did enjoy it but have to wonder about the re watch value of this one.  It kind of merely sets up the big finale in which I imagine the pace will be quick and fun filled.   

DarkSider's Realm
http://darksidersrealm.blogspot.com/

"You think the honey badger cares?  It doesn't give a sh*t."  Randall
InformationGeek
Leader of the Friends' for Info
B-Movie Site Webmaster

Let's all be Friends.

« Reply #11 on: December 13, 2010, 07:26:36 PM »

Moving on, the beginning 20 minutes were fantastic.  The meeting of the Deatheaters was wonderfully set in the tension department.  Then the multiple Harry Potter scene that led up to the giant chase is what makes cinema great.  Then unfortunately the wedding hits and the brakes are hit full on for quite a long time of the movie.   

Yes, those 20 minutes were great and had me on the edge of my seat.  I also agree with the wedding scene where the film hit the brakes.  I used that time to actually go to the bathroom since I figured there wouldn't be anything going on for a while.  Guess I was right!

We live in quite an interesting age. You can tell someone's sexual orientation and level of education from just their interests.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 1 « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.