Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 03:59:53 PM
713364 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Wonderful news: I have just been called a racist! « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5
Author Topic: Wonderful news: I have just been called a racist!  (Read 17046 times)
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« on: December 13, 2010, 09:13:47 AM »

I was wishing Indy a happy birthday and hoping that his arrowheads would always be sharp, when along comes Keeper of the B List and calls me a racist. What the hell for? WTF did I write? I am actually so much so a racist that I have a niece who is a person of colour, a lovely three year old child who was abandoned by her dipsh*t mother and given a second chance in life by my sister and brother in law. I accept and love that child about a million times more than I do myself, so if that makes me a racist, so be it.

I am an African by birth, I grew up in Rhodesia (now Zimbabwe) and live in South Africa and am not a racist: I am done with this site if there is any more nonsense like this. Don't call me a racist when you are sitting safely behind your keyboard: face me and then try to say that to my face.  Hatred Hatred

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
ulthar
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I AM serious, and stop calling me Shirley

« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2010, 09:36:47 AM »

I am an African by birth, I grew up in Rhodesia (now Zimbabwe) and live in South Africa and am not a racist: I am done with this site if there is any more nonsense like this. Don't call me a racist when you are sitting safely behind your keyboard: face me and then try to say that to my face.  Hatred Hatred

Wow, Trevor, PLEASE don't leave this site due to the antisocial behavior of one member.

Unfortunately, calling someone a racist has become the cop-out of a weak mind; very few allegations of racism based on fact or direct action.  I liken it to how on the playground growing up, boys would call each other 'faggot' to get each other's goat.  The mental development is about the same.

But, having read that thread and seen the reply in question, I have GOT to believe at this moment that this is some sort of misunderstanding.  Perhaps B-List thought you meant something by the arrowhead comment?  It's clear to anyone that knows Indy's 'hobby' that this was a high form of compliment, but perhaps it was taken WAY out of context?

I just don't know.

Anyway, Please don't leave, Trevor.  You are a big part of this community, and I think we are all better for knowing you.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Professor Hathaway:  I noticed you stopped stuttering.
Bodie:      I've been giving myself shock treatments.
Professor Hathaway: Up the voltage.

--Real Genius
Raffine

« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2010, 09:46:50 AM »

I read that post and admit I don't get the 'racist' reaction to the arrowhead comment. Were you implying indianasmith is a Native American who hates Caucasians and likes to shoot 'em with arrows?  TeddyR

Trevor, you're about the kindest spirit I know. The racist comment was completely uncalled for. I agree with ulthar: we are all better for knowing you.   

If you're an Andy Milligan fan there's no hope for you.
Flick James

Honorary Bastard of Arts

« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2010, 10:23:17 AM »

Ditto to every response so far. Trevor, there are many members on this site with whom I've gotten into debates, but those same people, indianasmith being one of them, I would gladly share a beer and a bad movie with. And amongst those members, you are at the upper crust. I get called things or have things insinuated about me on this site all the time, which is mainly my fault because I'm confrontational and have a misanthropic streak. But you, sir, are a prince.

I don't always talk about bad movies, but when I do, I prefer badmovies.org
Doggett
Bustin' makes me feel good !

I've seen things you people couldn't imagine...

« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2010, 10:26:33 AM »

I think he might have just been kidding.

If God exists, why did he make me an atheist? Thats His first mistake.
Flick James

Honorary Bastard of Arts

« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2010, 10:32:45 AM »

Well, I'm all for irreverent humor, so if he was kidding, it may be okay. Can somebody provide a link to the post in question?

Doggett

« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2010, 10:41:15 AM »

Happy birthday, Indy!  Cheers May your arrowheads always be sharp!  Thumbup

Buggedout

You racist ba*****!

Oh well.

Happy Birthday Indy!

I think what we have here is a missunderstanding.

RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2010, 11:02:21 AM »

Racist??? YOU????? WTF????? Dont let one moronic comment-(even though it may have been a joke-God knows I dont get it) send you away. If you leave-I leave!
« Last Edit: December 13, 2010, 05:54:50 PM by RCMerchant » Logged

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Flick James

Honorary Bastard of Arts

« Reply #8 on: December 13, 2010, 11:07:50 AM »

Okay, yeah, I wouldn't have taken that seriously, but still, the post doesn't make any sense, even as a joke.

I wouldn't worry about it, Trev. Did I mention you're a prince among men? Aside from the underpants issue, of course, but still a prince.

Andrew
Administrator

I know where my towel is.

« Reply #9 on: December 13, 2010, 11:09:36 AM »

Never let someone run you away from a place or group that you enjoy.  There will always be confrontations in life.  Sometimes they are misunderstandings and sometimes they are opposing views or values.  When I encounter one, I first try to understand the other person's position, then act accordingly.

I'm not certain if the racist comment is a joke that came off wrong (which appears to be the case), or if Keeper did not know of Indy's hobby (passion, all-consuming love) of collecting arrowheads and failed to understand why Trevor said what he said.  I'd like to hear back from Keeper before the torches and pitchforks come out.

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
Olivia Bauer

« Reply #10 on: December 13, 2010, 12:13:17 PM »

It was a joke.

I didn't mean anything.

It's a reference to the comedian Jeff Dunham.

I'm sorry, I didn't mean to offend you.

Doggett

« Reply #11 on: December 13, 2010, 12:17:57 PM »

See, I knew that no-one would think you're a racist Trev'.

ulthar

I AM serious, and stop calling me Shirley

« Reply #12 on: December 13, 2010, 12:21:31 PM »

It was a joke.

I didn't mean anything.

Very good.  Thanks for taking the time and effort to clear it up.

Man, misunderstandings on forums are so easy; without tone of voice, body language and general "air" of a comment it's just to darn easy to misinterpret what's said.

Thanks again, B-List; I think everyone here wanted to give you the benefit of the doubt.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Professor Hathaway:  I noticed you stopped stuttering.
Bodie:      I've been giving myself shock treatments.
Professor Hathaway: Up the voltage.

--Real Genius
Olivia Bauer

« Reply #13 on: December 13, 2010, 12:22:58 PM »

It was a joke.

I didn't mean anything.

Very good.  Thanks for taking the time and effort to clear it up.

Man, misunderstandings on forums are so easy; without tone of voice, body language and general "air" of a comment it's just to darn easy to misinterpret what's said.

Thanks again, B-List; I think everyone here wanted to give you the benefit of the doubt.

Precisely. If this was face to face (Or via microphone) I would have made the voice that went with that comment. That joke is funnier with voice.

Flick James

Honorary Bastard of Arts

« Reply #14 on: December 13, 2010, 12:32:05 PM »

See? Clarity is a good thing. I think something just got lost in the Internet translation.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Wonderful news: I have just been called a racist! « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.