Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 04:09:42 AM
713324 Posts in 53055 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Wonderful news: I have just been called a racist! « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
Author Topic: Wonderful news: I have just been called a racist!  (Read 17038 times)
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #30 on: December 13, 2010, 08:09:01 PM »

Trevor:  I have never thought of you as a racist.  A nudist, yes.  But never a racist.

Now if Trevor was a nude racist, then I could see that being a problem  Twirling

Unless you had a thing for nude racists...might be kinda sexy then! Like a naked Hitler.

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Umaril The Unfeathered
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Pelinal na vasha, racuvar! Sa yando tyavoy nagaia!

« Reply #31 on: December 13, 2010, 08:21:14 PM »

Trevor:  I have never thought of you as a racist.  A nudist, yes.  But never a racist.

Now if Trevor was a nude racist, then I could see that being a problem  Twirling

Unless you had a thing for nude racists...might be kinda sexy then! Like a naked Hitler.

Well now it's official; I'll never get to sleep after seeing THAT photo.  Nightmares on the way...  Buggedout

Tam-Riel na nou Sancremath.
Dawn's Beauty is our shining home.

An varlais, nou bala, an kynd, nou latta.
The stars are our power, the sky is our light.

Malatu na nou karan.
Truth is our armor.

Malatu na bala
Truth is power.

Heca, Pellani! Agabaiyane Ehlnadaya!
Be gone, outsiders! I do not fear your mortal gods!

Auri-El na nou ata, ye A, Umaril, an Aran!
Aure-El is our father, and I, Umaril, the king!
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #32 on: December 13, 2010, 08:41:40 PM »

I don't want my eyeballs anymore . . . .  Buggedout

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #33 on: December 13, 2010, 09:04:36 PM »

I don't want my eyeballs anymore . . . .  Buggedout

Me neither! Let's rip our eyeballs out together...ok..1 2 3 GO!

Who needs an eyeball?!?

AHHHHHH!!!!!

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
claws
« Reply #34 on: December 14, 2010, 01:14:12 AM »

Even though it seems like the problem has been solved, more or less, but I still have to wonder about replies that supposed to be quotes.

I have a few friends and know quite a few people who love to bring in quotes during a normal conversation, and then snicker when I didn't "get it" five minutes later. These are either quotes of people I don't know, of movies I may have seen or not, or shows I've never watched ("X-Files") or stopped watching eons ago ("The Simpsons").

As for Jeff Dunham, I never in my life have heard of him even though the wikki page makes him out to be the greatest and most popular comedian ever.
The Gravekeeper
addicted to the macabre
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #35 on: December 14, 2010, 01:50:46 AM »

It is an odd phenomena in fandoms to assume that the object of adoration is well-known outside the fandom. Think about it: if I were to type out "OH MY GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD!!", I could expect many, if not most, posters on here to get the reference. If you ask your average person on the street where that's from, they honestly would have no idea.

When you're using quotes, it doesn't hurt to play it on the safe side and using quotation marks, especially if that quote could be taken the wrong way (as seems to have happened here). After all, we don't have the ability to use our voices to imitate how something was said or to indicate that we're being sarcastic/just joking.
AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #36 on: December 14, 2010, 09:27:51 AM »

The reason why this rubs the wrong way so much is that Trevor is from South Africa and has dealt with racism to a degree many of us may have never seen

I was thinking along those lines myself. Calling a South African a racist, even in jest, is treading on very sensitive ground. People like Trevor have taken a lot of crap from the rest of the world as a result of their country's history and past government policies.

---------------------
"Join me in the abyss of savings."
Chainsawmidget
« Reply #37 on: December 14, 2010, 01:25:12 PM »

I don't see why you've got so upset.   Personally, I've been called much worse by much more important people. 
Cthulhu

« Reply #38 on: December 14, 2010, 03:48:24 PM »

Sooo....cookies, anyone?
Umaril The Unfeathered

Pelinal na vasha, racuvar! Sa yando tyavoy nagaia!

« Reply #39 on: December 14, 2010, 05:03:39 PM »

The reason why this rubs the wrong way so much is that Trevor is from South Africa and has dealt with racism to a degree many of us may have never seen

I was thinking along those lines myself. Calling a South African a racist, even in jest, is treading on very sensitive ground. People like Trevor have taken a lot of crap from the rest of the world as a result of their country's history and past government policies.

Most countries do take a lot of stuff from the world as a result of their country's policies, but South Africa has had enough problems to cover the world about 10 times over.

There are black\white issues, as well as inter-tribal stuff like the Hutu-Tutsi conflict of ethnic cleansing,  Ethiopia, and neighbor Somalia is the epicenter of lawlessness in all of Africa,  and the issues in Mogadishu as well.

There are problems all over, but South Africa can speak it's fair share of volumes regarding true racial\ethic strife.  In a lot of ways, other issues pale in comparison compared to theirs.

Tam-Riel na nou Sancremath.
Dawn's Beauty is our shining home.

An varlais, nou bala, an kynd, nou latta.
The stars are our power, the sky is our light.

Malatu na nou karan.
Truth is our armor.

Malatu na bala
Truth is power.

Heca, Pellani! Agabaiyane Ehlnadaya!
Be gone, outsiders! I do not fear your mortal gods!

Auri-El na nou ata, ye A, Umaril, an Aran!
Aure-El is our father, and I, Umaril, the king!
Flick James

Honorary Bastard of Arts

« Reply #40 on: December 14, 2010, 06:23:58 PM »

This thread had really advanced, far further than I thought it would. I'm surprised I have yet to see a single post from Trevor. I am very interested in what he has to say.

Trevor, I sincerely hope you are not leaving us.

I don't always talk about bad movies, but when I do, I prefer badmovies.org
ulthar

I AM serious, and stop calling me Shirley

« Reply #41 on: December 14, 2010, 06:46:52 PM »

This thread had really advanced, far further than I thought it would. I'm surprised I have yet to see a single post from Trevor. I am very interested in what he has to say.

Well, he's at least read the forum today, and posted in other threads since this one started, so hopefully he's sticking around. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Professor Hathaway:  I noticed you stopped stuttering.
Bodie:      I've been giving myself shock treatments.
Professor Hathaway: Up the voltage.

--Real Genius
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #42 on: December 14, 2010, 07:43:33 PM »

Well, he's at least read the forum today, and posted in other threads since this one started, so hopefully he's sticking around. 

I think he has to stick around.  We are the only forum on the Internet that does not censor his underpants.

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
The Gravekeeper
addicted to the macabre
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #43 on: December 14, 2010, 07:46:21 PM »

I think he has to stick around.  We are the only forum on the Internet that does not censor his underpants.

We don't censor them, but we are a little horrified by them. Just a little.
Olivia Bauer

« Reply #44 on: December 14, 2010, 08:34:04 PM »

We don't censor them, but we are a little horrified by them. Just a little.

Ewww... Don't make me think about that.

Also don't quote anything with that Hitler image. That's just f**king gross. >_<

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Wonderful news: I have just been called a racist! « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.