Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 09:07:16 AM
713333 Posts in 53056 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Television  |  Antique Road Show « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Antique Road Show  (Read 5368 times)
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« on: December 13, 2010, 08:39:33 PM »

I watch this show every Monday night. I collect antiques. From old bottles,furniture,magazines,knic-knacs-toys-I just love this show! Does that make me a weirdo?
 I'm watching right now as we speak!

Small | Large

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Sleepyskull
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Well,well,well...

« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2010, 09:18:58 PM »

This is one of those shows that I usually watch if I end up catching it while channel surfing and it's usually enjoyable.

RC - Just remember that weird does not mean wrong or stupid. I myself take pride in being a weirdo. I'm sensing you understand that feeling.  Thumbup

Humanity takes itself too seriously. It is the world`s original sin. - Oscar Wilde
Mr. DS
Master Of Cinematic Bowel Movements
B-Movie Kraken

Get this thread cleaned up or YOU'RE FIRED!!!

« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2010, 10:04:06 PM »

I really enjoy this show from time to time.  Some of the stuff people bring is fascinating.  I heard from someone once that a 95% of what people bring in isn't worth crap so they feature they cool stuff obviously.

RC, have you ever watched the show American Pickers?  You'd probably like it.  Its about these two guys who travel the country to people's garages and "pick" stuff from they in the hopes of making a profit.  They come across a lot of odds and ends. 

DarkSider's Realm
http://darksidersrealm.blogspot.com/

"You think the honey badger cares?  It doesn't give a sh*t."  Randall
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2010, 10:49:06 PM »

I really enjoy this show from time to time.  Some of the stuff people bring is fascinating.  I heard from someone once that a 95% of what people bring in isn't worth crap so they feature they cool stuff obviously.

RC, have you ever watched the show American Pickers?  You'd probably like it.  Its about these two guys who travel the country to people's garages and "pick" stuff from they in the hopes of making a profit.  They come across a lot of odds and ends. 

Yes....I have seen it! You would not believe the junk I picked......old plastic cowboys and indian toys-Mr.Potatoe Head from the 50's....old sci fi books-furniture-mags-Johnny West toys-Hot Wheels-it's sick!  Buggedout My wife Tara and me hadda antique shop going-but....well...she's dead now. I kinda went to seed. Still got a lot of old stuff! Still keep my eye open!

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Mr. DS
Master Of Cinematic Bowel Movements
B-Movie Kraken

Get this thread cleaned up or YOU'RE FIRED!!!

« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2010, 08:26:19 AM »

I do collect but a lot of stuff I have is from the past 20 years, movies memorobilia and such.  I do love going through antique stores and enjoying nostalgia. 

Do you watch Pawn Stars RC?  Thats another great show.

DarkSider's Realm
http://darksidersrealm.blogspot.com/

"You think the honey badger cares?  It doesn't give a sh*t."  Randall
Paquita

« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2010, 10:59:35 AM »

I love the Antique Road Show!  And I like antiquing too!  I got my kitchen table from and antique store!  I think it's from the 60s.  Its really cool - it can pull out to 10 feet long or close up so it looks like a little cabinet buffet thingy.  The only thing that makes me nervous about antique stores is some of them have really stuffy owners that I feel are staring me down and sizing me up to judge whether or not I can afford anything in their store, which I most often can't  Bluesad.

Its cool to find some of the junk that's worth a lot of money though!  I recently found out that old bricks can be worth a fortune!
Jim H

« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2010, 04:14:06 PM »

I love the show, though the last ones I've seen were pretty boring.  I also suggest Pawn Stars for the history and neat stuff more then the money stuff - from what I gather, a good number of the items on Pawn Stars are not legitimately brought on by customers. 
Umaril The Unfeathered

Pelinal na vasha, racuvar! Sa yando tyavoy nagaia!

« Reply #7 on: December 23, 2010, 03:36:39 PM »

Add Mrs. Umaril to the masses of those who love Antiques Roadshow. The house could be falling down around us and that wouldn't be enough to pull her away from the TV!

I also believe that Geico recently made fun of AR with the "bird in the hand" commercial.

Tam-Riel na nou Sancremath.
Dawn's Beauty is our shining home.

An varlais, nou bala, an kynd, nou latta.
The stars are our power, the sky is our light.

Malatu na nou karan.
Truth is our armor.

Malatu na bala
Truth is power.

Heca, Pellani! Agabaiyane Ehlnadaya!
Be gone, outsiders! I do not fear your mortal gods!

Auri-El na nou ata, ye A, Umaril, an Aran!
Aure-El is our father, and I, Umaril, the king!
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2011, 11:13:36 PM »

...I also believe that Geico recently made fun of AR with the "bird in the hand" commercial.
Yeh, so?  Buggedout Wink They're getting back on track, 'cause their ads have been sub par the last few years...

I watch it,  ...if it's new.   Lookingup

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
Hammock Rider

« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2011, 01:17:52 PM »

It's a fascinating show. You get a little history, a little pop culture and the vicarious excitement of watching someone win the lottery(sometimes).  Although I have to admit, I watched it more often when Lara Spencer was the host.

« Last Edit: January 26, 2011, 12:32:41 PM by Hammock Rider » Logged

Jumping Kings and Making Haste Ain't my Cup of Meat
the ghoul
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2011, 11:07:54 PM »

It's interesting to watch on occasion.  I used to watch it more often, but the three types of antiques I have the most interest in are movie posters, radios, and cars.  The show rarely, if ever, includes any of those, so my interest in watching it has waned considerably.
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #11 on: January 12, 2011, 07:42:08 AM »

I watched it a few times years ago.  It was kind of interesting for about three episodes  Smile 

When my Uncle had an estate sale to sell my Grandparent's stuff from the farm, it was surprising to see what stuff got the most money.  Those old wooden fishing lures from way back when are apparently a collector's item.

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Television  |  Antique Road Show « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.