Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 06:43:31 PM
713370 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  A Question That "Stinks" « previous next »
Poll
Question: Would You Tell Someone If They Smell Bad?
Yes, no matter who it is. - 3 (21.4%)
Yes but only if they are a close friend or family member. - 4 (28.6%)
Maybe if the smell was burning my eyes out. - 5 (35.7%)
Never, I can't be that mean. - 2 (14.3%)
Total Voters: 14

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: A Question That "Stinks"  (Read 2376 times)
Mr. DS
Master Of Cinematic Bowel Movements
B-Movie Kraken

Get this thread cleaned up or YOU'RE FIRED!!!

« on: December 19, 2010, 01:45:02 PM »

I brought this up before or something similar but as a question of scruples, would you tell someone if they smell bad?  I would have no issue telling Option 2 (friends/family) but would have a hard time telling a nonfriend coworker or a stranger.  I have this issue in the workplace because one person during the holidays takes out a few pairs of boots that reek of mothballs.  I would love to tell them but unfortunately I find I just don't have the heart to and plus its a bit inappropriate at work. 

DarkSider's Realm
http://darksidersrealm.blogspot.com/

"You think the honey badger cares?  It doesn't give a sh*t."  Randall
Paquita
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2010, 12:36:16 AM »

I don't think I'd have a problem telling someone they have stinky mothball boots.  The stink I have trouble telling people about is personal odor, like bad breath or booty stank.  There are some people at work that have reaaalllly bad breath and they just happen to be people that like to get uncomfortably close to my face when talking to me Bluesad.  I don't have the heart to tell them. 

I wouldn't have a problem telling my close friends or family when they stink, but I don't think they ever do.  My mom says it's because I love them and when you love someone you can't smell their stink.
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2010, 01:48:03 AM »

when you love someone you can't smell their stink.

So I take it that none of you love me then?  Wink Wink TeddyR

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
ImaginaryFoot
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2010, 03:17:54 AM »

3 years ago i was emptying my cat Squiggys litter box and my sisters boyfriend was about 4 feet away and i smelled HIM over the litter box. I had NO problem telling him to go take a shower

Lima beans are the Devil
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2010, 07:33:30 AM »

There's a girl at work who likes to have spicy food at lunch and, well, It's kind of obvious afterwards.  But no, I'd never say anything.  Who knows what kind of reaction you'd get, people are a screwy species.

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
Flick James

Honorary Bastard of Arts

« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2010, 10:35:19 AM »

I voted only for close family or friend. It all depends on the values of your circle of people, and there's not exactly a right or wrong answer.

Guys are also definately different than girls on this one. Being ex-military, when you gotta live in tight quarters with a bunch of guys for six months at a time, you get over pleasantries real quick and have no problem letting a guy know "you gotta do something about that."

On a separate but related note, before my wife and I started dating, we were sitting across from each other at a mutual friend's weekly poker party. I had been working up the courage to ask this gorgeous redhead out for a few weeks at this point. She is fairly well-endowed up top and was wearing a top that was somewhat low cut. She had leaned over to one side of her chair and, unbeknownest to her (but very knowst to me), just enough of one boob creeped out to be, oh, well, "noteworthy."

Okay, this wasn't exactly something I didn't want to see, but I know she was unaware of it and probably wouldn't want it to go on, and I was fairly sure I was the only person who had noticed it at that point. So I had just worked up the nerve to stand up and lean over and was going to whisper "hey, just to let you know it doesn't bother me, but you might want to look down and take care of something." But she leaned back and the "issue" went away on it's own while I was in the middle of standing up, so I had to make up an excuse why I was standing up. "Uh, I have to go to the restroom, excuse me." Or something like that.

She never knew her boob popped out until months later when we were comfortably dating and in love and I told her the story.

I don't always talk about bad movies, but when I do, I prefer badmovies.org
ulthar

I AM serious, and stop calling me Shirley

« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2010, 10:43:36 AM »

My mom says it's because I love them and when you love someone you can't smell their stink.

I don't think my wife ever got that particular memo.   BounceGiggle

And on the general question, I'm reminded of:

Movies teach us so much...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Professor Hathaway:  I noticed you stopped stuttering.
Bodie:      I've been giving myself shock treatments.
Professor Hathaway: Up the voltage.

--Real Genius
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964

« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2010, 05:43:00 PM »

At a company I worked for in the mid 1990s there was a woman who practiced little (or no) personal hygiene.  She had to be counseled by her Manager and the Human Resources Director.  I have had to reprimand and/or fire quite a few people in my career, but I've never had to counsel anyone on a sensitive issue such as personal hygiene.  That must have been a very uncomfortable meeting for everyone involved.

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
ImaginaryFoot
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2010, 05:52:07 PM »

My sisters boyfriend i mentioned above got fired from an automotive parts assembly line job because he smelled so bad. This happened not long after the litter box incident

Lima beans are the Devil
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  A Question That "Stinks" « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.